Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep,,their bite will eat holes in you.
A guy I worked partners with down in Detroit bought a house in Commerce Township. He and his wife were cleaning up around the yard. There was an old tin shed on the property with a bunch of rotted firewood stacked up next to it. His wife was tossing chunks in a wheelbarrow to load up to take to the dump when she felt a prick on her finger. She thought nothing of it until that night when her finger started swelling. Next morning, it was changing colors. A quick trip to emergency reveled she'd been bitten by a bashful brown/fiddle back/brown recluse spider. A week's worth of IV antibiotics later, she lost the end of her finger from the first joint to the nail.

I’ve been bit by brown recluse twice. The first was the worst, I ended up having an area the size of a silver dollar excised, all 7 layers. I could look into the open wound and see the tendon sheath. Almost had to have a skin graft. Those little brown basturds are no joke.
Feel like I’m jumping the gun with it still being in the 80s but I got the canoe put up for the winter. I need to find a new fishing partner, Wildman just isn’t much of a fisherman and it’s hard to get him to go. My old neighbor was the best. Roger was always ready for fishing. Wish he hadn’t moved back to Minnesota.
I’m about to declare war on these stinking tree rats again. My pellet pistol has a bad seal so I need to shop for a replacement.
off to mop some floors.

Good Satyrday morning to all! 57F @ 91% RH, raining as we speak and predicted to reach 61F today.

We attended the Okeene Rattlesnake Roundup growing up and sold our catch to the El Paso zoo for milking at $0.75 a pound, with a 5' Diamond Back being about average and weighing about a pound a foot. They have temperaments like people, with some placid and others buzzing as you approach them and regularly while in the bag.

What gives me the willies are water moccasins, which may continue to chase you on attack, while a rattler will strike, but would rather get away.

Spider venom is necrotic, meaning it kills and dissolves flesh so that just rots away. In its smaller prey, the venom liquifies their innards, so it can be sucked up like through a straw.

Especially bad with diabetic folks.

Rocky i have a BB gun i keep on my back porch. I pop them in their ass ever time i see one. Doesn't kill them but their ass is full of BBs.😁
My Miniature Schnauzer has caught several already. He shakes the wholly shit out of them. That dog is fast. Would make a great hunting dog. What's funny is he can smell the nuts they bury in my yard and he digs them up and eats them. Funny as hell.😁

53F @ 82% RH, rain, and expected to reach 59F.

Miss Layla's on a bland diet and her lower tract is recovering from raging diarrhea that we still don't know for sure what caused it.

Mass arrest of "protestors" last night, now loudly protesting that they were only given one warning do disperse from the area under restraining order.

01a7ef72-7c83-4cdf-b7a7-cf2346d6f03e_zpsuhpxm61h.jpg

Anybody here touch-type?

As an author, I type pretty close to the speed of speech. No, really.

BUT! I have a cat. On my lap. Most of the fargin time. Soooo... there I am typing away around her as usual, and I had just started to type the word "agurgling" <-- got four letters in, and realized it sounded too much like Gilbert & Sullivan, so I stopped typing and looked at what I had written.

Both my hands were shifted ONE key to the right. So... touch typing thataway gave me this standalone word:

"a" became "s".

"g" became "h".

"u" became "i".

"r" became "t".

WHAT THE HECK ARE THE ODDS???!!! 🙃 🙃 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️ 🙃 🙃 o_Oo_O

Morning
I’ve lost track if it’s day 3 or 4 of this damn headache and my guts are acting up again.

Looks like I’ll have the grandkids today. My oldest daughter had a tuba ligation on Friday and is still feeling bad, says she going to the ER soon. Hope everything is ok.

I can’t take anymore of these political ads, only Netflix, Roku and YouTube for the next 23 days.

Walt, I still touch type. The typing class I took back in my freshman year of HS and the Old Hen are the only two things I got out of school that I still use.

Rocky, good luck on finding anything without those damned political commercials. They pop up on youtube all the time. Some of the shows on Roku have 'em, too.

Latest posts

Back