Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poor mans AC.

1686855700075.png

Tell me what you see. Wife wants to downsize and this might be the way she has to go. Always liked their looks, but $$$$$$$
Overpriced whales looking for a chump with more money than brains…Chris favored the Benz powered coach puller model, about 210000 plus plus…the tag along model was about 165000… for that kind of money you can take an exotic adventure trip every year for the rest of your life, and still have plenty of money left over with no maintenance or insurance costs… in my eyes buying an airstream is like buying Gucci sunglasses for $3000. They don’t work any better than any of the other lower priced items, but they make a statement…I’m getting old and cheap I guess

Crikey. Catching up on this fargin site is difficult. Been on here for a long fargin time just reading the interesting stuff.

I've got one that will make your socks roll up and down. And it will give alla youse "all doctors are money grubbers" a step back with focus on reality.

If I just stated it, you would not believe it (hard to swallow as spoonful of cinnamon).

But just lookit this fuzzy but readable thing MySonTheDoctor just received. And essentially spit on.

They are past getting desperate for their bullshit mistreatment of doctors -- resulting in mass resignations -- essentially ALL the experienced ones -- all across the country.

Dang. I just re-read this. It needs an explanation:

A Hospitalist is a deeply experienced doctor. He has to be able to handle any-fargin-thing that comes through that big door. From impalement to leprosy. FMG's are now everywhere. Foreign Med Grads <-- The explanation for your doctor's accent. If you are lucky enough to have one (who is overworked already).

Scooter was a Board Certified Hospitalist. (only 60% of doctors are Board Certified).
View attachment 331113

PS: "Extra shift" pay is $2,344!!! and the burnout situation the lawyers and hospital corporation bean counters have caused nationwide is so severe that those doctors that are qualified are all giving them the Hawaiian Good Luck Gesture. That is why you wait two months to see a "greedy" doctor whose every second is scheduled 10-12 hours per day.

Oh. And that greedy doctor does NOT get paid by the patient. He is salaried. He never sees the charges, and does not have a clue what they add up to.

I DO hope I have made this crystal clear even to those who are really stuck on doctor "greed".
In the mean time, it's next to impossible to win a med mal case....

Bubba

I would have given him a reward. I studied an old Texas case in school. Bob white was the fellow. Black man accused of raping a man's daughter. The case was dismissed, found not guilty. Father walks up to defendant in Court room shooting him dead right in court.
No charges were ever filed.

Bubba

Overpriced whales looking for a chump with more money than brains…Chris favored the Benz powered coach puller model, about 210000 plus plus…the tag along model was about 165000… for that kind of money you can take an exotic adventure trip every year for the rest of your life, and still have plenty of money left over with no maintenance or insurance costs… in my eyes buying an airstream is like buying Gucci sunglasses for $3000. They don’t work any better than any of the other lower priced items, but they make a statement…I’m getting old and cheap I guess
$210K is a lot of nights in a hotel and they do not appear to be as functional as many of their lower priced competitors.

In the mean time, it's next to impossible to win a med mal case....

Bubba
Think about the above. Who would be the one to pay a malpractice judgement?

The answer: The corporation that sets the doctor's work level.

We are most ricky-tick on the same page, here. The corporation bean counters and lawyers that run/own the hospitals control it all.

Mistakes made by zombie overworked doctors forced into impossible schedules and workloads will cost the corporations some gelt every now and then... and they do not give a flying shit.

Why? Because the overall setup is net profitable for the corporations.

I can see this is getting clearer to folks not actually in the loop of the real situation out there in the badly damaged medical profession quality -- and the basic root causes of this degradation of medical care now available to folks.

And we can now get away from the bumper-sticker depth of shallow-but-easy-to- spout thinking regarding the "greedy, evil doctors" only looking to rip off folks, and making people wait long periods to get medical attention.

It is much like blaming the grunt soldiers for not winning the hearts and minds of the locals... while those in command of his outfit keep burning villes with napalm.

Dirty, rotten soldiers. Let's dump on them. Sounds legit.

Change "grunt soldiers" to "salaried doctors". Then think.

Last edited:
Some docs are good and some are not, whoever they work for. When my father was dealing with mesothelioma, he coughed so hard the part of the gizmo in his throat came out. Not the internal part meant to be removable, but the attached part.

Ambulance called, put back in place, but slightly off center. They tried to force it, causing some blood. To the hospital.

I kept explaining to his surgeon the problem, he kept blowing me off saying this built up scar tissue, like when a rope is tied around a tree, it begins to grow into it and other total nonsense. I kept explaining that this happened over night. He then slightly raised his voice saying he would personally guarantee that the oxygen path would remain clear. I almost punched him in the face. The worst part was, my dad was extremely social and ran his mouth as much as me. Due to swelling from the improper reinsertion, the skin swelled around the device, cutting oxygen from coming out, other that through the trac device. He was never able to speak another word.

That night, he almost died from it, the Phillipino surgeon on duty corrected it and saved his life. That original surgeon avoided me, until I tracked him down and barged into his office. I calmly told him if he ever lied to me again, there was no place on earth he could hide. When I find you I will cut both your fooking hands off.

Doc are people. Some people are not worth crap. Doctors are people. End of my story.

Bubba

I agree with Walt for the most part, but the Doctor who cut me open in 2012 was completely inept and did not follow proper protocol causing me to suffer as much as I did. Hospital didn’t feed me for 19 days so they were just as complicit as the hack doctor That hurt me. I now have doctors that seem to be very compassionate, educated and understanding. Let’s see how long that lasts. Takes a minimum of three months to get an appointment with any doctor in Florida because of the amount of people moving in from out of state…I am living this nightmare now

$210K is a lot of nights in a hotel and they do not appear to be as functional as many of their lower priced competitors.
Not to mention a nice limo ride from hotel to hotel for that kinda money.
I see a tweeny problem with that rig... whut hoppens when you are driving along and it is raining fit to frighten Noah?

You get a hose in the face.
Worse would be driving though a bee swarm. Yikes!

Yeah, add in 100K for the truck that can haul the rig and your in serious coin…you’ll not find one in my yard anytime soon…
Gravity drain would take care of the water and a simple window screen piece would take care of the bees…

I agree with Walt for the most part, but the Doctor who cut me open in 2012 was completely inept and did not follow proper protocol causing me to suffer as much as I did. Hospital didn’t feed me for 19 days so they were just as complicit as the hack doctor That hurt me. I now have doctors that seem to be very compassionate, educated and understanding. Let’s see how long that lasts. Takes a minimum of three months to get an appointment with any doctor in Florida because of the amount of people moving in from out of state…I am living this nightmare now
Yes. My liver docs are the bomb and no doubt saved my life. That particular surgeon I spoke of earlier? Not so much. Some good some bad. Docs, lawyers, butchers bakers and candlestick makers. Some good some not.

Bubba

Just came from the neighbors house. We were looking at a old 49 Chevy he is working on. Then a giant explosion! Except no smell of smoke, fire, or anything. Went out of garage to figure out why the wall blew up.

The last thing I expected to see was a white Ford Taurus piled into the side of his garage, up in the air from being on top of the rubble that was a giant fire pit, lawn mowers and various back yard accoutrements.

Some kid gets out asking what happened. Apparently he was driving around inhaling butane and passed out. Police found other substances and paraphernalia. Fireman on the scene said. "weed is legal here, why huff butane?

Kids....

Bubba

Latest posts

Back