Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First time using the Air Fryer😁

1686921797925.png

Ivan wanted out again...he sure pees a lot...nite folks...
Sounds like my wife. I've got her trained to use the toilet at night though.
I just gotta tellya, @Tattered Old Graywolf --

You can get wonderful (coupla hours) pain relief from torn muscles, crunchy backbones and the like with an Over-The-Counter topical called Diclofenac Gel.

Both the Scottish Witch and Himself use it... on the medical advice of Dr. Scooter.

It is cheap enough we just bought 30 tubes (about a year or more supply).

It works good enough for Witchie-Poo to just yesterday cancel her appointment to get her first epidural shot. She no longer has any need for it.
https://www.amazon.com/HealthCareAisle-Diclofenac-Topical-Arthritis-Reliever/dp/B08T66W7QNView attachment 331197READ THE REVIEWS
Must be good stuff. Looks like you cleaned 'em out. Product out of stock. :)

GW, is that TENS system the electronic shocker? I've got one. It's got two pads to use high and low. You can adjust the intensity independently. Crank it up while laying flat and it'll literally shake the bed with your muscles twitching. Came with a warning not to get it anywhere near your heart unless you wanted to take the dirt nap.

Good morning misfits. Hope this dreary morning finds you all happy and semi-healthy.

An Airbus 380 is on its way across the Atlantic. It flies consistently at 800 km/h at 30,000 feet, when suddenly a Eurofighter with a Tempo Mach 2 appears.
The pilot of the fighter jet slows down, flies alongside the Airbus and greets the pilot of the passenger plane by radio: "Airbus, boring flight isn’t it? Now have a look here!"
He rolls his jet on its back, accelerates, breaks through the sound barrier, rises rapidly to a dizzying height, and then swoops down almost to sea level in a breathtaking dive. He loops back next to the Airbus and asks: "Well, how was that?"
The Airbus pilot answers: "Very impressive, but watch this!"
The jet pilot watches the Airbus, but nothing happens. It continues to fly straight, at the same speed. After 15 minutes, the Airbus pilot radios, "Well, how was that?
Confused, the jet pilot asks, "What did you do?"
The AirBus pilot laughs and says: "I got up, stretched my legs, walked to the back of the aircraft to use the washroom, then got a cup of coffee and a chocolate fudge pastry."
The moral of the story is: When you’re young, speed and adrenaline seems to be great. But as you get older and wiser, you learn that comfort and peace are more important.
This is called S.O.S.: Slower, Older and Smarter.
Dedicated to all my senior friends ~ it’s time to slow down and enjoy the rest of the trip.

Do not fk with this weed. this happen to some guy in Lancaster. Ive heard of the shit but never messed with.

Lancaster, TX

I wanted to get on here and WARN everyone about what happened to me after a normal day of yard work. We received a letter from the city about the weeds in our ally and how they needed to be removed immediately or we would be charged $400. I quickly went out and started pulling all of the weeds to dispose of. Shortly after pulling the weeds my arms felt as if they were on fire. So I took a shower to wash out what I believed to be splinters. Less than an hour later my tounge started swelling, my skin was burning, my speech was slurred, I was dizzy, confused and very shaky. It started to feel as though my chest was tightening and I was struggling to breathe. I went to the ER where it was confirmed I had been poisoned by Poisonous Hemlock.
Me deciding to shower, saved my life. And turned what could have been a tragic situation into a “mild” reaction. If you see this in your yard, do not touch it. Do not go near it. Keep curious pets that like to munch on plants in eyes sight. If ingested orally, it can kill a human or pet in just 3 short hours. Just touching it or breathing it in can send your body into respiratory failure.
Please stay safe out there!

1686928128660.png

Oh, did I screw up bigtime. I'm selling a vintage Korean War M1 Garand to a buddy today, and I told him I'd toss in three bandoleers of ammo with it. The search was on. The 50 cal. cans weren't bad to unstack in my quest, but the tall mortar can was full to the top with miscellaneous ammo. Why in the world would I ever fill that size of a can to the top? Got an icepick to the spine for my foolishness. I'm laying here whining like a kicked puppy and still have to dig out the rifle.
Some days, you get the bear. Today was the bear's day to get me.

Reply to, Bubba I may or may not have partook in about everything you can threw out the years... LoL Sooo he was hitting the wawawas and wawaed out if you know you know lmao DONT huff anything and drive that's retarded and upgrade lmao ether is the bested..... Dazed and confused in Las Vegas LMAO
And geez, why admit it. I don't know, but he may not have gotten tested if kept mouth shut. "A bee flew in car and I had a wreck." Keep mouth shut, talk to lawyer. Keep mouth shut.

Bubba

I just gotta tellya, @Tattered Old Graywolf --

You can get wonderful (coupla hours) pain relief from torn muscles, crunchy backbones and the like with an Over-The-Counter topical called Diclofenac Gel.

Both the Scottish Witch and Himself use it... on the medical advice of Dr. Scooter.

It is cheap enough we just bought 30 tubes (about a year or more supply).

It works good enough for Witchie-Poo to just yesterday cancel her appointment to get her first epidural shot. She no longer has any need for it.
https://www.amazon.com/HealthCareAisle-Diclofenac-Topical-Arthritis-Reliever/dp/B08T66W7QNView attachment 331197READ THE REVIEWS
Thanks! I'll check it out.
Sounds like my wife. I've got her trained to use the toilet at night though.

Must be good stuff. Looks like you cleaned 'em out. Product out of stock. :)

GW, is that TENS system the electronic shocker? I've got one. It's got two pads to use high and low. You can adjust the intensity independently. Crank it up while laying flat and it'll literally shake the bed with your muscles twitching. Came with a warning not to get it anywhere near your heart unless you wanted to take the dirt nap.

Good morning misfits. Hope this dreary morning finds you all happy and semi-healthy.
Yes, it delivers an electric shock between two electrode pads, and can be adjusted from one to ten for intensity. I run it at 10, but mine isn't strong enough to interfere with my heart.

Mine's got the two electrodes on each pad. The big one goes low, and the smaller one goes high. You can run one or both.
I was walking through the living room to grab a Coke, and the top one fell off. The Old Hen said, "I'll get it", and before I could tell her no, she'd grabbed it and wound up chucking clean to the other end of the room. Had to laugh.

Have you seen me in your yard? I'm a Stenopelmatus. Please... DON'T kill me!
I would like to tell you a little about myself. Many people also know me as a potato bug, Jerusalem cricket, Skull Insect, Childface, or Mother of Scorpion. People get scared when they see me and want to kill me. Reality is that I'm running from you.
I'm not a spider nor scorpion nor cricket, and I HAVE NO POISON. My only weapon is my mandibles. With them I feed off the organic waste that is found next to garden plants.
We have a very important role in the environment, because we help plant growth, thanks to removing the earth and thus allowing soil oxygenation.
My life span is a year.
If you find me at night, don't kill me. I'm just looking for food and a safe place to hide. Please... DON'T kill me!

1686934176271.png

Have you seen me in your yard? I'm a Stenopelmatus. Please... DON'T kill me!
I would like to tell you a little about myself. Many people also know me as a potato bug, Jerusalem cricket, Skull Insect, Childface, or Mother of Scorpion. People get scared when they see me and want to kill me. Reality is that I'm running from you.
I'm not a spider nor scorpion nor cricket, and I HAVE NO POISON. My only weapon is my mandibles. With them I feed off the organic waste that is found next to garden plants.
We have a very important role in the environment, because we help plant growth, thanks to removing the earth and thus allowing soil oxygenation.
My life span is a year.
If you find me at night, don't kill me. I'm just looking for food and a safe place to hide. Please... DON'T kill me!

View attachment 331220
We always called them mole crickets.

Those creatures don’t resemble anything close to what we call mole crickets down here in Florida. Mole crickets destroy the yard and they are not beneficial at all. Ivan has a steady diet of those sons of guns at night when he’s out doing his business… he attacks them like an arctic fox

This is a mole cricket

The mole cricket is an invasive pest that attacks turfgrass and other plants. This unique insect gets its name from its huge forelegs, which it uses to tunnel through the dirt like a mole. It damages golf courses and lawns by eating plant roots and disturbing the soil’s surface. Discover everything you need to know about the mole cricket’s traits, signs of an infestation, and removal strategies

1686936284427.png

Oh, I know what a mole cricket looks like and so does Ivan. I was just making a statement that the first two bugs that you posted are not like the ones that I see in my yard. With the lack of rain that we’ve had and the ban on using Fertilizer, my yard is not looking quite is spiffy is it usually does, nor will it this year…

Latest posts

Back