Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That depends on the situation, as you know... Hard to not write a small term paper as a response... But I'll do my best haha...

Biggest factors for me in terms of what live bait to use would be the current season, the body of water I'm on, and what bait fish are present?

Bread and butter live bait for most striper fisherman would be gizzard and threadfin shad. I like gizzards 8-12 inches and threadfin as big as I can get them (usually under 6 inches... but I've caught em as big as a dollar bill.) They are pretty good year round for most situations as long as you hold them correctly. I also like alewife, and golden shiner in very specific situations...

If I'm hunting big fish I'm usually in cold water in summer and fall...then the situation changes. The go to live bait then for me would be skipjack herring...they get up to 5lbs and are hard to keep alive... But big fish...big bait... Will make your heart skip a beat when a 40+ striper rips out of the water after a 16 inch skipjack haha....

In terms of artificials... Man... Lotsa ways... Below dams I prefer bucktail jigs over anything else... Topwater like Zara Spooks and the like are great... Also have had good success with lure called the "glide shad" looks like a 9 inch gizzard and swims as if injured. . . It's a killer...

Really the only time I don't use live bait is if I'm bank fishing below the dam, or trolling Alabama rigs.

Not a purist... But close. Lol.

I've said enough 😆
For where im at its ells , porgies ,big ones for big bass,a small black fish but dont get caught!
Tossing a piece of bunker out there is good too.
Rebels ,chicken scratches ,needle fish .a hopkins .
Had a Brother who killed many big bass trolling thru Moriches inlet with a bunker spoon, many.

Louie taking advantage while I’m taking a smoke break from trimming
posted this on the wrong thread earlier I’m a stoned stuper
View attachment 337104
We have five house cats they are fascinating animals.
The range of personality is pretty astounding especially the way they interact with other animals.

Goodnight Irene , here is to a good weekend coming up.

IMG_5427.jpeg

I brought de money
Just like the lawyer said to do

View attachment 337104
Does the little adorable react to the weed like kitties do when they get into catnip?

Late Edit Add: That triggered a fond old memory of my Maine Coon cat "Fuzzy Britches". When he got into a bag of catnip, he would roll his whole 18lb. body violently in it while eating all that came into contact with his face.

View attachment 337104
Melissa eats my cannabis plants seedlings but is leaving my adults alone! Maybe waiting for them to flower and get more trichomes?

Good morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Another gorgeous day here starting at 56F and predicted to reach 85F. Predicted to hit triple digits Sunday through next Thursday.

I picked up some hemp hearts and made a batch of vegetable dip using some of my pickled Dikon and Balsamic pickled garlic that turned out well. I also harvested one of my Basil plants and made some delightful pesto.

A 7:50 appointment this morning with my ophthalmologist for checkup. I can see the light fading in one eye, so I may need my cataract replacement lens laser cleaned of protein buildup.

Latest posts

Back