Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
renee-sm1.jpg

money for nothing
and chicks for free

nice stove leafminer.....and if you rub rose water with glycerin on your hands twice a day for a few weeks your hands will get better........I am a licensed journeyman cement mason and I have seen cement poisoning up close and personal........rose water with glycerine works and expedites the healing of cement burns or poisoning ...

444E3DA3-C776-4ADB-87E0-07E8FBE40CF2.jpeg

money for nothing
and chicks for free

nice stove leafminer.....and if you rub rose water with glycerin on your hands twice a day for a few weeks your hands will get better........I am a licensed journeyman cement mason and I have seen cement poisoning up close and personal........rose water with glycerine works and expedites the healing of cement burns or poisoning ...

View attachment 267209
1608406751563.png

Prob overboard again

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning. @GW....tenant is a dirty word to me!! Dealt with them for 20 years....still have nightmares!!! My plants make much better tenants and never complain.....ha ha!

Good morning. I'm halfway through building my outdoor wood-fired oven. My fingers got so sore from the cement that it was too painful to even crumble bud. So I'm using gloves now.View attachment 267208

Kool! Do you lay one course of top bricks at a time and just keep moving the form?

54F @ 94% RH, lots of rain with a 5 mph breeze, and predicted to stay at 54F. Flooding at the coast and small tributaries, with mudslides predicted due to lack of ground cover after the wild fires. They've done a good job sweeping up the leaves to keep the gutter drains clear, so I don't expect many flooded streets locally.

I got the drywall patches installed in both bedrooms but ran out of steam before finishing the upstairs bathroom, so I will get back to that this morning. We also need to pick out a new vanity, but no further upgrades at this time.

Happy Sunday!!!

Up-potting today. Somehow got behind on this cumbersome chore. Today is catch up day.

Gonna be a wind event here which sucks.....I hate wind.

@ leafminer... Nice oven! You are gonna love it.

Watching a pack of coyotes coming across the golf course. If they get close enough I will remind them why it isn't good to wander over this way. Lots of them this year.

Watching the news......the smile on my face just ran away......

Heating or Eating ?
Looks good, like the arc tool
Eating! I plan to make pizzas, bread, roasts... Cheap to build, too. Under $200 the lot (if you DIY). I don't have an oven in my house, only a cooktop. At $600 or more for even a simple electric oven, I made an alternative decision. Yeah, Roster, I made two arc tools, one for the big arch and a smaller one for the entrance arch.
money for nothing
and chicks for free

View attachment 267209
Thank you. Despite having worked in the cement industry for two years I had no idea of the problems that can happen working with it. I am using gloves now! I've also received two awful cuts from the bricks, they are really sharp-edged. The whole oven is coming in at less than $300 of materials.

Latest posts

Back