Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much $$$ do you think the fed is gonna print after the Inauguration. Inflation personified. I am picking up more Gold Eagles tomorrow. What the dollar will by today won't buy a pack of gum tomorrow. Never though I would see this here.....but it is.

First AK I ever bought was a Ling Hua, Chinese one. It came packaged in a seal-a-meal with about a quart of what looked like used motor oil. I detail stripped it and after half a roll of paper towels and a good deal of Hoppe's #9, put it back together, and headed over to a buddy's house. First round I popped off coated my glasses with oil. After fifty rounds or so, she quit spittin' when I shot her.

Hey @boo... I found a car to make you drool.

AMC Javelin... The sucker has a 1,000+ HP engine in it. Lemme know if you want me to get it for ya.

1608206334009.png

Last edited:
First AK I ever bought was a Ling Hua, Chinese one. It came packaged in a seal-a-meal with about a quart of what looked like used motor oil. I detail stripped it and after half a roll of paper towels and a good deal of Hoppe's #9, put it back together, and headed over to a buddy's house. First round I popped off coated my glasses with oil. After fifty rounds or so, she quit spittin' when I shot her.

Yikes! Since becoming a pirate (Aye, Matey!) deer hunting is clearly off the table. So I traded my 30-year old Weatherby 30.06 with custom stock cover for a NIB Rooshian AK-47 with a laser sight and a dozen magazines with ammo.

Both of us got a steal; that 30.06 is incredibly accurate, and I never lost a deer or hog that I shot with it. My new SAIGA is fun to shoot, and is a true combat weapon (these are "interesting times") and I have thousands of rounds of ammo.

Morning gang. Cannagrammy, come out, come out, where ever you are!

Walt, I'm lacking a Rooski one. Got two flavors of Chinese, a Yugoslavian, a Slovakian, and an Egyptian. Neither one of 'em will shoot as straight as an AR, not to mention they weigh more empty than an AR with a full load.

Little Bastards took out my 400 dollar rural mail box last night in storm
They were riding ATVs and one of them lost control and snapped the post (aluminum filled with concrete)
Then left the scene, I hope they scored at least one battle scar.
Now how do I put a new one up with frozen grounds.

Morning gang. Cannagrammy, come out, come out, where ever you are!

Walt, I'm lacking a Rooski one. Got two flavors of Chinese, a Yugoslavian, a Slovakian, and an Egyptian. Neither one of 'em will shoot as straight as an AR, not to mention they weigh more empty than an AR with a full load.
True dat. But I am done humpin' through the grass. So weight means nuffing. The other part is the ammo. I got it at dime-store cost. I even have a fargin bipod for my AK. Old, lazy minuteman.

Roster, I had the same thing happen a couple of years ago, except it was me that snapped it off while plowing the road. I built a camp fire on top of what was left and kept it going for a few hours. Took the post hole digger and got enough dirt from around it to hook a chain on the stump and jacked it out of the ground with an old fashioned bumper jack. Filled the hole up with crumpled up newspaper, soaked it down in some stale gas, and torched it. Did that a couple of times. Got enough ground thawed out to dig the hole and plant the new pole. PITA, but it worked.

Latest posts

Back