Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Never watch CNN,,not now, not ever. Hate that fking organization. Interesting story though.

I've become disenchanted with the news fed to on TV in general and get most of my news via the internet these days. It is insulting to my intelligence to be well informed on a subject and have it ignored or twisted by the media.

It is known that the media is controlled in totalitarian states like Russia, China, Iran, North Korea, et al, but the degree that ours was also came as a shock to me. Our media has clearly moved from reporting to special interest activism, and covering up massive political corruption up by members of their special interest group.

Besides our own home grown and elected miscreants, it has become clear that massive amounts of foreign money has been funneled into controlling our elections and legislation, giving the whole thing a surreal quality and the sensation of being the lamb with two wolves at a dinner party, prepared to vote on dinner.

Try that with the fire ants down here in the swamps...

Iff'n yer manly enough. I'm not. I learned to stay away from ant hills and goat heads when bare footed while still just a young lad.

Worse yet, consider only one Oklahoma Red Velvet Ant, aka Cow Killer, that will make a midwestern Stripped Bark Scorpion sting feel like a piss ant nip.

Actually a misnamed wasp, where the male is kindly and has wings, while the wingless female is almost an inch long, is covered with velvety fur, with a horrendous sting, making Yellow Jacket stings pale by comparison. Easily enough to put some folks into anaphylactic shock.

My owners make sure I get my Rabbis Vaccination every 3 yrs , religiously...........

And well they should brother! They must love you.....

38F @ 88% RH, cloudy, and predicted to reach 47F.

Much progress by the drywall/painter contractor at the rental, reminding me what a pleasure it is to watch professionals do all the work and making things look easy. Everything looking pristine and gorgeous again, as well as being on schedule.

I dumped a lot of my own effort and money into making it special 15 years ago, including features like special cut crystal light fixtures and fortunately its only tenants were gentle with it. So gentle that we could have just cleaned the carpets and immediately rented it, but part of our business plan is to keep the property desirable and pristine, so as to be able to rent to the sort of tenants that will keep it that way.

Last edited:
Weed hopper , see ya at the Christmas party!

got my concrete poured just in time...50 mph winds and freeing temps the next 2 days...

02ADBC42-D3B0-498B-92CD-96CFA67F5BE7.jpeg

I've become disenchanted with the news fed to on TV in general and get most of my news via the internet these days. It is insulting to my intelligence to be well informed on a subject and have it ignored or twisted by the media.

It is known that the media is controlled in totalitarian states like Russia, China, Iran, North Korea, et al, but the degree that ours was also came as a shock to me. Our media has clearly moved from reporting to special interest activism, and covering up massive political corruption up by members of their special interest group.

Besides our own home grown and elected miscreants, it has become clear that massive amounts of foreign money has been funneled into controlling our elections and legislation, giving the whole thing a surreal quality and the sensation of being the lamb with two wolves at a dinner party, prepared to vote on dinner.

Iff'n yer manly enough. I'm not. I learned to stay away from ant hills and goat heads when bare footed while still just a young lad.

Worse yet, consider only one Oklahoma Red Velvet Ant, aka Cow Killer, that will make a midwestern Stripped Bark Scorpion sting feel like a piss ant nip.

Actually a misnamed wasp, where the male is kindly and has wings, while the wingless female is almost an inch long, is covered with velvety fur, with a horrendous sting, making Yellow Jacket stings pale by comparison. Easily enough to put some folks into anaphylactic shock.

And well they should brother! They must love you.....

38F @ 88% RH, cloudy, and predicted to reach 47F.

Much progress by the drywall/painter contractor at the rental, reminding me what a pleasure it is to watch professionals do all the work and making things look easy. Everything looking pristine and gorgeous again, as well as being on schedule.

I dumped a lot of my own effort and money into making it special 15 years ago, including features like special cut crystal light fixtures and fortunately its only tenants were gentle with it. So gentle that we could have just cleaned the carpets and immediately rented it, but part of our business plan is to keep the property desirable and pristine, so as to be able to rent to the sort of tenants that will keep it that way.
Bro,,i use to chase those orange furry bastards and stomp living shit out of them. They hurt like a mother fker when they get ya. And you are correct about the male having wings. We use to call them cow ants even though they are a wingless wasp.

Thanks ya mean ole bastard.😁
That don't bother me Bro. I love watching movies where the plane crashes and ppl survive in the wilderness.
Also watch Airplane Disasters which is the real deal. Ive been flying since i was a young man. Always wanted to get my pilots license. Have friends who have them already. I have actually flown small planes many times just never tried to land.

Had to do rescue recovery on only one big aircraft many yrs ago
Plane ran out of fuel and came in on its belly breaking off parts as it tree topped the forest.
half of the more than 300 passengers did not make it. Fucked up scene for sure.
To make it worse happened at night, during storm.
Had to make a few LZ's that night.

Thanks ya mean ole bastard.😁
That don't bother me Bro. I love watching movies where the plane crashes and ppl survive in the wilderness.
Also watch Airplane Disasters which is the real deal. Ive been flying since i was a young man. Always wanted to get my pilots license. Have friends who have them already. I have actually flown small planes many times just never tried to land.

Weedie: I'm an Instrument-Rated pilot. Learning to fly (and land) is easy-peasy. And unbelievably FUN!!

It was a LOT harder for you to learn to ride a bike or skateboard.

If you are learning in a Spam Can (Cessna 152), it is the easiest thing to fly in the whole fargin world. It has no transmission propeller pitch or nonsense like retractable landing gear, or tail-dragger wheel.

You taxi out onto the runway (ya steer with yer feets). Push all knobs you can find to the dashboard. The fargin thing will be off the ground in @700 feet as you whistle along through the air at @60 MPH. After a while you level off and get a silly grin as the speedometer sez 100.

To land line up on the runway, lower the flaps by pulling up an enormous emergency brake lookin' thing betwixt the seats... Lookit the runway, and you will see two sets of lights. Red and White.

To stay on the right glide path, just keep coming down while keeping BOTH Red and White lights lit.

If the White light is all you see, you are above the glide path... come down a tad faster until the Red shows too.

If the Red light is lit, you are too low.

"RED OVER WHITE -- PILOT'S DELIGHT"

"RED OVER RED -- YOU'RE DEAD"

1608741406215.png
This guy is right on the glide path... also notice everyone lands in the exact center of the runway, not at the edges...

...and suddenly, your wheels touch as you rocket along under 50MPH.

There: Your first flying lesson. :cool: 🛩

Last edited:
I got a "chevron" as a Student Pilot soloing. Took off in a Spam Can and was doing touch-and-goes at Boca Raton Airplane Patch. I was the first person to take it up after it had been taken apart for its yearly inspection.

Was on the downwind leg at 1000' when "BOP-ink! the propeller stopped. It really did not change much in what I was about to do anyway (bring it back almost to idle), so I just called in to say I was turning final with a dead engine.

Easypeasy landing a 152 with only you aboard... it flies even better thataway. Anyway, I landed with enough of the right speed to turn off the runway onto a taxiway. 😇

I got a "chevron" as a Student Pilot soloing. Took off in a Spam Can and was doing touch-and-goes at Boca Raton Airplane Patch. I was the first person to take it up after it had been taken apart for its yearly inspection.

Was on the downwind leg at 1000' when "BOP-ink! the propeller stopped. It really did not change much in what I was about to do anyway (bring it back almost to idle), so I just called in to say I was turning final with a dead engine.

Easypeasy landing a 152 with only you aboard... it flies even better thataway. Anyway, I landed with enough of the right speed to turn off the runway onto a taxiway. 😇

They threw me a big party.

$800/lb is silly. To much work to give away good smoke...hopefully that was swag. $400/oz and 3 to 4,000 a lb before it was legal. Dispensaries are selling for $35/1/8th plus 30% tax here. So it is still a respectable market here. To much work/love to give it away. You want the good stuff.....step up to the pump.

tenor.gif

this is what happens to mooches here.

$800/lb is silly. To much work to give away good smoke...hopefully that was swag. $400/oz and 3 to 4,000 a lb before it was legal. Dispensaries are selling for $35/1/8th plus 30% tax here. So it is still a respectable market here. To much work/love to give it away. You want the good stuff.....step up to the pump.

tenor.gif

this is what happens to mooches here.
<LOL

Best stay in Colorado, Pute. Top of the line stuff here will only get ya a buck and a half an oz.
I know Hippie....Just pisses me off...$50/oz is not worth the effort. $150 is the going price for black market here.....better be top shelf and trimmed perfect.

Did I say pisses me off...

200.gif

Latest posts

Back