Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best of luck with the lung doc brother! Sending positive energies!

Moonday, Moanday, all hail Artemis!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Another cloudy day starting at 49F and predicted to soar to 59F.

Alas, my SIL is having a paranoid reaction to all the pain meds she is on and poor Grayfox has her hands full dealing with it, along with her sister's housework and shopping. The infirmities of old age suck majorly, no?

Looks like a perfect day to make green tomato bread and finish stocking the freezer with soup. I have all the makings for pea soup with ham and tarragon, except the ham, which I will endeavor to score this morning.

I also have a recipe from my sister that is close to the biscuits that my mom used to make. Mom actually died without passing the recipe on, but one of my sisters remembered enough to research it and come close.
I love me some biscuits. Sounds like y’all should have spent more time in the kitchen getting that recipe just right when you were kids. I watched my momma make biscuits so many times I can do it with my eyes closed. It became my job after a while…

Scary movies today aren't as good as the older movies ....
The meg and meg 2 made me scream. Only 2 other movies in my life got me. Exorcist and some stupid 3D movie my hubby made me watch. Don't even remember the name of it just it was in 3D.

good morning

moar work on the chicken coop today , a trip to the little city for supplies

winter is supposed to be here this weekend so I gotta get after it and buckle everything down

I do not like the winter
I do not like it much
I do not like winter
That is my hunch
Ok then doctor s
good morning

moar work on the chicken coop today , a trip to the little city for supplies

winter is supposed to be here this weekend so I gotta get after it and buckle everything down

I do not like the winter
I do not like it much
I do not like winter
That is my hunch
ok doctor Seuss 😊

I love my Westerns. I watch them all the time.
My Wife walks by the living room and just rolls her eyes.😁
I keep Grit on for background noise. My wife also rolls her eyes at me, even though she likes them too.
I don't get too involved in movies these days. But when I want to watch one - it's got to be silent, except for the show itself.

I used to hate, hate, HATE trying to watch a movie when I was in the Air Force. I was on a small base with a short runway (think WWII Fighters) that the Army also used for helicopter maneuvers, and invariably they'd bring in 30 of them for touch and go's...right at the most intense, quietest part of the movie! WUMPWUMPWUMPWUMPWUMPWUMPWUMPWUMPWUMPWUMPWUMPWUMP

You know...the part that if you miss it, it pretty much ruins the movie for ya'?

WUMPWUMPWUMPWUMPWUMPWUMPWUMPWUMPWUMPWUMPWUMPWUMP

The meg and meg 2 made me scream. Only 2 other movies in my life got me. Exorcist and some stupid 3D movie my hubby made me watch. Don't even remember the name of it just it was in 3D.
Those movies have never scared me at all. Tell ya' what, though...JAWS made me jump just about out of my seat when that shark jumped in that one scene...

I keep Grit on for background noise. My wife also rolls her eyes at me, even though she likes them too.
I don't get too involved in movies these days. But when I want to watch one - it's got to be silent, except for the show itself.

I used to hate, hate, HATE trying to watch a movie when I was in the Air Force. I was on a small base with a short runway (think WWII Fighters) that the Army also used for helicopter maneuvers, and invariably they'd bring in 30 of them for touch and go's...right at the most intense, quietest part of the movie! WUMPWUMPWUMPWUMPWUMPWUMPWUMPWUMPWUMPWUMPWUMPWUMP

You know...the part that if you miss it, it pretty much ruins the movie for ya'?

WUMPWUMPWUMPWUMPWUMPWUMPWUMPWUMPWUMPWUMPWUMPWUMP

my last duty was 138thTAC Fighter Group out of Tulsa..I was in Civil Engineers Sq , we set up base camps runways , revetments , potable water , and defended the perimeter ….those C130‘s don’t need a very long runway!..

Those movies have never scared me at all. Tell ya' what, though...JAWS made me jump just about out of my seat when that shark jumped in that one scene...

Or when the scene with the fisher mans head pop up out of the hole in his boat

Ben Gardners boat

Go to the 240 min mark

Last edited:
Ole Jo Wilbanks made the best breakfast biscuits I'd ever eaten. Yellow as an old dog's tooth, hard enough you could wing 'em at a wall and crack the plaster, but smothered in chicken gravy they were devine.
Mom's biscuits were hard on the outside too and my uncle nicknamed them Audrey's Terrapins. The were crusty on the outside and chewy on the inside. Perfect for gravy or to crack the two halves apart and stuff with butter and jam.

They used flour, baking powder, salt, and buttermilk. She rolled them out and cut out biscuits using a can and put them in a greased pan, before painting the top with bacon grease from a can on the stove and baking them.

my last duty was 138thTAC Fighter Group out of Tulsa..I was in Civil Engineers Sq , we set up base camps runways , revetments , potable water , and defended the perimeter ….those C130‘s don’t need a very long runway!..
I was here. A bunch of our buildings still had bullet pockmarks from Japanese Fighters.

Attachments

• Wheeler_Field_(7_Dec._41).jpg
    Wheeler_Field_(7_Dec._41).jpg
    278.1 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back