Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I survived a fall of over a hundred feet into an asphalt strip mine when I was a child. It was so scary deep that I couldn't stand and look over the edge, so scooted over on my butt to look over, and the bank gave way. I remember thinking on the way down, " So this is what is like to die. Not too bad because it will be quick."

Alas I made an black sand angel in the soft asphalt sand at the bottom instead, with the breath totally knocked out of me, but survived after what felt like an eternity making eek, eek, eek sounds trying to get my breath.

It gave me acrophobia so bad that I finally took up skydiving as an adult to overcome it.

Depends on whose watching.

My New Years Eve was the same as the day before, with the same bed time. Having grown up where there is a lot of lightening and thunder, I have no problem sleeping through the fireworks at midnight.

48F @ 83% RH, with rain and 14mph winds, predicted to reach 51F

Well, our local riots have pushed our limp wristed mayor over the edge and he is losing patience, stating that efforts to de-escalate and compromise with Antifa have failed to yield results he condemns the violent movement. That had to really hurt their feelings, so now maybe they will go somewhere less hostile for their debauchery.

Meanwhile the good news is that five (5) armed miscreants robbing a dispensary at gun point were caught after the police SWAT cordoned off a couple blocks about five blocks south and eight blocks east of here and sent warnings to our Neighborhood forum to stay inside and lock our doors. I don't know whought thge last pic was Hoppers avatar ether it was the same bunch that killed a dispensary employee in an armed robbery last week, but hopefully forensics will shed some light on that.

Meanwhile celebrations at the zoo have ended and recovery has begun:
LOL I thought that it was Hoppers Avatar pic LOL
1609593379728.png

Morning guys. Finally got enough snow to give me an excuse to plow it. I'll blast out my neighbors and my driveways, hit the road, and then go over to the old hood and hit my favorite neighbor's. Ole Mike's got the stage 4 retirement plan, so I like to take as much manual labor off of his plate that I can. This stuff is wet and heavy. Good heart attack stuff.

The best laid plans of mice and men do often go astray. Blew a rear brake line. You couldn't have driven a hatpin up my ass with a sledge hammer when I thought I was going through the neighbor's garage door. As we all know, one OH SHIT makes up for a thousand atta-boys. Crawled it a half mile away to the repair shop and warned them twice that it had absolutely NO brakes. Damned emergency brake didn't work, either.
There goes my stimulus check!

Mechanic called at 15:00 and said the Jeep was finished and all paid for. I ask him how it was paid for 'cause I didn't leave them a CC or anything. He told me my neighbor (the one that almost lost their garage door when the brakes went out) had covered it. $143.68. Almost brought a tear to my eye. I asked the guy if he could credit her card back and let me pay for it, but he claimed that without the card, he didn't know how to do it. I think Patsy told him I'd try and pay for it. I told the OH to call her and tell her thanks, but I just couldn't accept it. Long story short, OH said that Pat said there was no way, no how she was taking the money back. Claimed I did so much for them and won't let them pay, so this was a way they could pay it back a little. I don't feel right about it 'cause you don't charge family (they're not, but I feel like they are), so I've got to figure out a way to get even without hurting their feelings.

Mechanic called at 15:00 and said the Jeep was finished and all paid for. I ask him how it was paid for 'cause I didn't leave them a CC or anything. He told me my neighbor (the one that almost lost their garage door when the brakes went out) had covered it. $143.68. Almost brought a tear to my eye. I asked the guy if he could credit her card back and let me pay for it, but he claimed that without the card, he didn't know how to do it. I think Patsy told him I'd try and pay for it. I told the OH to call her and tell her thanks, but I just couldn't accept it. Long story short, OH said that Pat said there was no way, no how she was taking the money back. Claimed I did so much for them and won't let them pay, so this was a way they could pay it back a little. I don't feel right about it 'cause you don't charge family (they're not, but I feel like they are), so I've got to figure out a way to get even without hurting their feeli are ngs.
Happy New Year You are a Good Man

That is a great story!! Karma I think!
A friend of mine was a mechanic, him and another mechanic had a shop
and a large clientele of people they serviced and repaired vehicles for.
One of their customers came to the shop with a problem which they fixed and
sent her on her way and refused to take payment for the repair.
Every year a local group raffles off a Harley Davidson cycle with the proceeds
going to the MS foundation. She bought a ticket and gave it to my mechanic friend
and he won the bike. Karma I'm sure.

Blew a rear brake line. You couldn't have driven a hatpin up my ass with a sledge hammer when I thought I was going through the neighbor's garage door. As we all know, one OH SHIT makes up for a thousand atta-boys. Crawled it a half mile away to the repair shop and warned them twice that it had absolutely NO brakes. Damned emergency brake didn't work, either.There goes my stimulus check!

Last time that happened to me, I plowed my freshly restored 67 T Bird suicide door into the back of a pickup.

Mechanic called at 15:00 and said the Jeep was finished and all paid for. I ask him how it was paid for 'cause I didn't leave them a CC or anything. He told me my neighbor (the one that almost lost their garage door when the brakes went out) had covered it. $143.68. Almost brought a tear to my eye.
You are clearly appreciated.

48F @ 82% RH, rain with 11mph wind, and predicted to reach 51F.

Morning Misfits. I had a tv go out yesterday! Samsung about 7 years old!!!! Gonna have to order another one today....nothing lasts anymore.

Mrs Pute is streaming on my tablet. Thinking about bringing the tv from out bedroom in the family room until the new one arrives!

Busy week ahead....don't want to think about it.....lots of trimming, chores and other bullshit needs attention.
Retirement is so lovely....

Mechanic called at 15:00 and said the Jeep was finished and all paid for. I ask him how it was paid for 'cause I didn't leave them a CC or anything. He told me my neighbor (the one that almost lost their garage door when the brakes went out) had covered it. $143.68. Almost brought a tear to my eye. I asked the guy if he could credit her card back and let me pay for it, but he claimed that without the card, he didn't know how to do it. I think Patsy told him I'd try and pay for it. I told the OH to call her and tell her thanks, but I just couldn't accept it. Long story short, OH said that Pat said there was no way, no how she was taking the money back. Claimed I did so much for them and won't let them pay, so this was a way they could pay it back a little. I don't feel right about it 'cause you don't charge family (they're not, but I feel like they are), so I've got to figure out a way to get even without hurting their feelings.

Accepting the gift honors the giver.

Just thank them.

Family sent me a gift, .. actually friend that I call family sent me a couple of packages of oz s of Garrison Lane's, one being 7 leaves Bon Bons, a 24% indica and one 805 Glue .. I love my adopted family

Enjoy Life my Freinds

Latest posts

Back