Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love freckles
Doris Day was a beautiful woman.
cover_orig.jpg
00-story-image-doris-day-obituary.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Cloudy with rain today, starting at 45F and predicted to reach 56F.

Alas, when a killer deer attacked our pristine low mileage 95 Jeep GC Laredo and totaled it in 2016, I picked up a used 95 GC Limited for $1500 to use for parts and ended up fixing it instead. I rebuilt the front CV joints and the heads/timing chain, which turned it into a good serviceable rig at under $5K.

Sadly the black paint is faded in spots, but I could never see repainting it, as we put less than 1000 miles on it per year, because most of the mileage goes on the Ford Focus EV. It also has a terrible radio, which I never replaced, because I don't typically listen to the radio while driving and we don't drive it that much.

Enter Grayfox who does care about the faded paint and less than stellar sounds when hauling friends around. As I stopped buying vehicles that I couldn't write a check for without financing about 1977, I scored a low mileage 2013 Jeep GC Limited with 5.7L hemi in pristine condition yesterday and will pick it up Monday when I can get a cashier's check cut. Unfortunately, the overly suspicious car lots don't hand over titles for personal checks these days. Go figure??

We will most likely donate the 95 GCL to the Oregon Humane Society. It is a good solid and straight rig, just not purdy enough for Grayfox to haul friends around in anymore. It only cost us about $700 a year depreciation, around a dollar per mile, even if we give it away.
My '07 has faded, dimpled paint over the front windshield. I went cheap and bought a rattle-can of MoPar paint. Doesn't look too bad. It's just a plow Jeep, not a show car afterall. I think it's a thing that black Jeeps of any model have in common.
Used a new Toothbrush didn't you?
Only if you spell toothbrush "penis".
so far only three on my bug zapper racket.
Doing well killing "others" and up to 23 in that category.
Got two flies and at least a dozen grain moths. Never saw a roach here or the old house.
No I was moved by Mothra ,Ghidrah and those two small oriental women saying in unison "Motha Rye"
My first Macaw was named Rodan. She rarely squawked, but when she did, you could see why I named her that. Still miss that bird.

My '07 has faded, dimpled paint over the front windshield. I went cheap and bought a rattle-can of MoPar paint. Doesn't look too bad. It's just a plow Jeep, not a show car afterall. I think it's a thing that black Jeeps of any model have in common.

Got two flies and at least a dozen grain moths. Never saw a roach here or the old house.

My first Macaw was named Rodan. She rarely squawked, but when she did, you could see why I named her that. Still miss that bird.
the others are usually seed moths the three were what I call, rhino crickets.
I only have seen roaches in some apts buildings we were renovating with people still living there in Queens

this time of year is good when it freezes . We store our bird food outside in a cooler to kill any errant seed moths

60..............................Thats bad. Glad you got help
It was a crazy time in the hospitals . Nice to have you still with us.
Are you considered Long term Covid? I would imagine they gave you the Vacs, if you were in hospital.
My wife's Mother was in hospital at the time for an operation
she came down with it in the 1st 2 weeks after break out.
She lived, but died a year later from a rare liver cancer.
I think they killed her.
No it was no available to my age group yet only the hospital but as soon as I was better I got it

Latest posts

Back