Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could be, just what America thinks is cute these days. Plus she has a giant belch in the middle of the video which makes it even funnier for tv. My ass woudda been tore up at just the thought of anything near this. Geeze, I try to be middle of the road and let her raise her kids how she feels best but I do give my two cents lately about things getting worse. Plus, i Don’t have it in me anymore nor does Mr Subbie. We are too old to provide 24/7 discipline and the kids will not be allowed to disrespect adults in my house and get called on it when they do. Just seems like I’m always reminding her/them. It takes much of the fun out of grand parenting with having to always give constant tough love when we want them to have good memories of us like I do my grandparents. We will be remembered as the mean old grandparents…

Could be, just what America thinks is cute these days. Plus she has a giant belch in the middle of the video which makes it even funnier for tv. My ass woudda been tore up at just the thought of anything near this. Geeze, I try to be middle of the road and let her raise her kids how she feels best but I do give my two cents lately about things getting worse. Plus, i Don’t have it in me anymore nor does Mr Subbie. We are too old to provide 24/7 discipline and the kids will not be allowed to disrespect adults in my house and get called on it when they do. Just seems like I’m always reminding her/them. It takes much of the fun out of grand parenting with having to always give constant tough love when we want them to have good memories of us like I do my grandparents. We will be remembered as the mean old grandparents…
My wife has the same problem with are grandkids. Problem is that they go home to their parents who are more interested in their phones than they are their kids. Then the next time they come over wife has to start all over again. Only saving grace is that they no longer live here full time and grandma can be a nana and not a full time mother.

I have made this mistake a few times myself
New Black looks so nice
The JKU was the best deal with the least mileage so the color really didn't play a part, but on retrospect, for what I was buying it for, I'd been happy with black or any other color other than white. White on a plow Jeep is what one would call "winter camo".
Even with the strobe beacon on, it's spooky to be on the roads with the folks that have to learn how to drive every winter.

You've opened my eyes to a blessing I did not know I had.

My grandlings are utterly respectful to their Grandma Witch and me. Crikey... They call us on our anniversary, birthdays, and now that I think of it, Wolfie called me up on Veterans Day to tell me he was proud to be my grandson. (*snif*)

And they all will be here Thanksgiving.

All of this is due to how my son, Puck (AKA: Todd) and DIL, Carol brought them up.

My grandlings are utterly respectful to their Grandma Witch and me. Crikey... They call us on our anniversary, birthdays, and now that I think of it, Wolfie called me up on Veterans Day to tell me he was proud to be my grandson. (*snif*)

All of this is due to how my son, Puck (AKA: Todd) and DIL, Carol brought them up.
To their credit, my three grandsons are highly respectful around me and my wife, calling me either Pawpaw, Sir, or Mr. Jimmy and Grayfox Miss Laury. A southern thang.........
Good morning Island brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

A stellar morning here, starting with Miss Layla lying beside me and her head resting on my foot.

Early drizzle and then a cloudy day predicted, starting at 44F and reaching 53F

I tried out my new power herb grinder by Cool Knight, which does a good job and is way less work than the aluminum hand grinder that I've used for around the last 18 years.

I spent some quality time reading the new ISO 11621:1997(E) Annex A Procedures for cleaning gas cylinders and am writing up my comments to their committee, based on my experience in aerospace cleaning exotic alloys for welding.

This morning I need to drop by the bank for a cashier's check and then go by and pick up the pristine 2013 Jeep GCL that I purchased Saturday. Grayfox no longer drives on freeways, so I've arranged for a friend to drop me off at the car lot.

To their credit, my three grandsons are highly respectful around me and my wife, calling me either Pawpaw, Sir, or Mr. Jimmy and Grayfox Miss Laury. A southern thang.........
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

A stellar morning here, starting with Miss Layla lying beside me and her head resting on my foot.

I tried out my new power herb grinder by Cool Knight, which does a good job and is way less work than the aluminum hand grinder that I've used for around the last 18 years.

I spent some quality time reading the new ISO 11621:1997(E) Annex A Procedures for cleaning gas cylinders and am writing up my comments to their committee, based on my experience in aerospace cleaning exotic alloys for welding.

This morning I need to drop by the bank for a cashier's check and then go by and pick up the pristine 2013 Jeep GCL that I purchased Saturday. Grayfox no longer drives on freeways, so I've arranged for a friend to drop me off at the car lot.
Good Morning all!
Best of luck on your Jeep !

You are a lucky man Walt. Looking forward to thanksgiving is a blessing in itself.

bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Sounds like an exciting day 😊

Love my Grandbabies. I'm Pawpaw and my Wife is Mimi. They are respectful and know better then to be disrespectful.
But they are full of piss and vinegar as my Mom use to say. They love running and playing with Charlie my Snaughzer or in the sand outside.
Yesterday my granddaughter had dark sunglasses on setting on the couch strumming on a guitar and singing. I was laughing my ass off. 😁
IMG_20231112_114032569.jpg

My wife has the same problem with are grandkids. Problem is that they go home to their parents who are more interested in their phones than they are their kids. Then the next time they come over wife has to start all over again. Only saving grace is that they no longer live here full time and grandma can be a nana and not a full time mother.
Same here, they know the rules are tighter at our house and do call us Pawpaw and Oma and yes ma’am and no sir us when they know we are serious. They have no discipline at home nor any repercussions for things they do wrong. Spoiled too, they get new stuff and get to go to fun places all the time regardless of their behavior. Their father passed away last year from cancer and he held that card when he was alive. This has all come about since his passing.

The JKU was the best deal with the least mileage so the color really didn't play a part, but on retrospect, for what I was buying it for, I'd been happy with black or any other color other than white. White on a plow Jeep is what one would call "winter camo".
Even with the strobe beacon on, it's spooky to be on the roads with the folks that have to learn how to drive every winter.
1699879694508.png

Do you plow for the town as an extra truck and get paid hourly
Guys who clamed use to snowplow in the winter pay was good.
Had to have the right truck and plow to clear side roads while the big plows did the main rds. I know you do all the neighbors for free, wish you were my neighbor.
My one tractor with the plow is in pieces and I have not felt good enough to lay on ground to put it back together .

Latest posts

Back