Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are trying to keep this site clean of politics.

A wise move.

It’s weird being the same age as old people. ⏰

Not as much as looking so much younger in the mirror than the "old" people my age.

45F @ 94% RH, rain, and expected to reach 52F during the sweltering part of the day.

We finally got an appliance repair person to look at our four year old Whirlpool dishwasher, who charged us $125 to tell us that the pump is out, a common problem with that model, and that it will cost $375 to repair. No more Whirlpool appliances for me.

Standard Appliance all but broke my arm to sell me an extended warranty when I bought the unit, and yet when I tried to contact their service department to fix it on our dime, I was unable to make contact, so have no information on how well that would have played out if and when they finally answered their phone instead of repeatedly telling me how important the call was to them.

Sooooo, now doing research to find out who makes a dishwasher that lasts as long as the noisy one we ran for 28 years without a hiccup. If a brands quality is so bad that I have to pay extra to protect myself with an insurance policy, I will cease using that brand. End of story.

@GW...I just replaced all my appliances in the last few years....I bought a American made products (maytag). I have never been a fan of extended warranties but after research I got a 4 year warranty on all of them. Glad I did!! Frig has the ice maker go out and the door latch on the dishwasher has now been replaced twice. Nothing lasts any more.....planned obsolence.....

Morning. Hopefully will finish trimming today. One plant to go but all popcorn buds...more time consuming and tedious than bigger buds.

Best that I stay down in my basement anyway...I don't have the right attitude to be out and about right now.

Last edited:
We bought new Maytag washer dryer 4 years ago.....junk.

On a better note , I got my gold panning kit in the mail today with a box of goodies like a magnet for the black sand , qualifier , couple pans.......yeeehaaaaw!

there’s gold in them that hills , gonna pan near Canyon and just outside of Pueblo when the Phantom Canyon creek flows down from Victor where all the big gold mines are......

D891C5E8-D602-4FBE-9E54-171C00FCE0C4.jpeg

1376857F-A293-4CD6-8721-036B40F366B9.jpeg

0B8D88EE-F4B0-452B-9CA2-76BC776984A4.jpeg

4EF91424-AB97-4AB6-AA40-602EAE4AF2DC.jpeg

It’s weird being the same age as old people. ⏰

What's even weirder is going to funerals of people that are younger than me. Kinda makes me think it ain't worth the gas to drive home from the bone yard.
My washer and dryer were over 20 years old when I sold my previous home.
I bought new ones 15 years ago and the washing machine has been replaced twice since.
Made to not last.
My dishwasher is 66 and still going strong. She gets a little testy sometimes, but it's probably caused from being married to me for 46 years.

Good morning, Misfits. Another day with nothing to do. .

I am newly retired (1 month in).

I love each day with nothing to do.
Actually I keep busy - so I guess I should say - nothing that i HAVE to do.

There's no Tension when you're on Pension !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smoke em if ya gottem!!!!!

yeeeeehaaaWWWWWW!!!!

@GW...I just replaced all my appliances in the last few years....I bought a American made products (maytag). I have never been a fan of extended warranties but after research I got a 4 year warranty on all of them. Glad I did!! Frig has the ice maker go out and the door latch on the dishwasher has now been replaced twice. Nothing lasts any more.....planned obsolence.....

***,,,i have a fridge thats over 20 yrs old and it had to be serviced about 2 yrs ago. 4 yrs is way to new for shit to be breaking. Nothing surprises me anymore about anything being made by ppl. Nowadays nobody has any fking pride in what they do.

My washer and dryer were over 20 years old when I sold my previous home.I bought new ones 15 years ago and the washing machine has been replaced twice since. Made to not last.

We bought new Maytag washer dryer 4 years ago.....junk.

Grayfox inherited her folks oversized Maytag washer and dryer, so we moved our existing ones to a rental, and about 20 years later we had an opportunity to pick up a stainless set from a friend who was moving, so we moved the Maytag washer and dryer to another rental.

We are on our second washer and dryer set since then and both of the old sets keep moving right along in the rentals without issue. I don't know how old either are, but when we moved in together we picked up the originals at a used appliance store and Grayfox's parents units had already raised four kids.

What's even weirder is going to funerals of people that are younger than me. Kinda makes me think it ain't worth the gas to drive home from the bone yard.

My dishwasher is 66 and still going strong. She gets a little testy sometimes, but it's probably caused from being married to me for 46 years.

I periodically scan the obits to see what age group is dying off and notice most are still a decade or two older, but a fair number die while still purdy to look at. No offense intended to any old farts in attendance, but have you noticed that the older the person is in the obits, the younger the picture of them they post?

They were still making good dishwashers back in the early 50's when she was conceived, so you should probably hang on to her brother!

When we renewed our vows on our 20th anniversary, I told her that if'n I'd shot her instead of marrying her, I'd be out by now. She quickly replied that I was doing a natural life sentence. At least it gives me something to look forward to!

Been married 61 years. Took me 46 years to figure out which arm it's under...

Latest posts

Back