Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

More rain starting at 39F and predicted to reach 53F. Most of the ice and snow is gone from the sidewalks and streets.

SIL now in residence, hanging out on the couch. With her back and balance screwed up as they are, we are afraid for her to use the stairs to reach the upstairs guest room.

My second medial branch nerve block is scheduled for this morning. If it works as well as the first one, I will be proceeding with the RFA.

G'night friends, Romans, and countrymen (ladies too). ☮️
Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears;
I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
The evil that men do lives after them;
The good is oft interred with their bones;
So let it be with Caesar. The noble Brutus
Hath told you Caesar was ambitious:
If it were so, it was a grievous fault,
And grievously hath Caesar answer’d it.
Here, under leave of Brutus and the rest–
For Brutus is an honourable man;
So are they all, all honourable men–
Come I to speak in Caesar’s funeral.
He was my friend, faithful and just to me:
But Brutus says he was ambitious;
And Brutus is an honourable man.
He hath brought many captives home to Rome
Whose ransoms did the general coffers fill:
Did this in Caesar seem ambitious?
When that the poor have cried, Caesar hath wept:
Ambition should be made of sterner stuff:
Yet Brutus says he was ambitious;
And Brutus is an honourable man.
You all did see that on the Lupercal
I thrice presented him a kingly crown,
Which he did thrice refuse: was this ambition?
Yet Brutus says he was ambitious;
And, sure, he is an honourable man.
I speak not to disprove what Brutus spoke,
But here I am to speak what I do know.
You all did love him once, not without cause:
What cause withholds you then, to mourn for him?
O judgment! thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me;
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause till it come back to me.

It’s the begining of 2024, I'm 33 years old, and I still have so many unanswered questions!!!! I still haven’t found out who let the dogs out...where’s the beef...how to get to Sesame Street... why Dora doesn’t just use Google Maps...why all flavors of Fruit Loops taste exactly the same, or how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie pop......why eggs are packaged in a flimsy carton, but batteries are secured in plastic that’s tough as nails... why “abbreviated” is such a long word, or why there is a D in ‘fridge’ but not in refrigerator... why lemon juice is made with artificial flavor yet dish washing liquid is made with real lemons... why they sterilize the needle for lethal injections... and why you have to “put your two cents in” but it’s only a “penny for your thoughts” (where’s that extra penny going??)... why The Alphabet Song and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star have the same tune... why you just tried to sing those two previous songs... what exactly Victoria’s secret is... and where's Waldo?... Can you hear me now?...and do you really think I am this witty?? I actually got this from a friend....

I still can't watch that movie without getting misty-eyed.

Good morning, Islanders. 23 degrees here with 2-4" of snow on the way. Not to crazy about the ice that's predicted, but I'll deal with it. Not my first rodeo.
Rips at the heart
How can men who are capable of Love so deep be so cruel and inhuman?
I always get sad at any war films nowadays, long are gone the days of playing cowboys and Indians (indigenous) when we were children.
Good Movie though. Have a box of tissues Hopper.

Latest posts

Back