Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
41F @ 83% RH, partially cloudy and predicted to reach 53F.

A fine time at Fernhill dawg park yesterday while the cleaning ladies strutted their stuff here at the lair. Lots of players, but Miss Layla focused on an all black intact East German Shepherd male about her same age, bounding back and forth with him after balls.

Grayfox did the grocery shopping, so the larders are stuffed again and life is good.

Especially after a delightful corned beef and cabbage dinner, with plenty of leftovers for today....... Our annual Irish tradition, to celebrate the Welch part of my ancestry.

Another shooting/murder followed by a robbing and carjacking at the local Win Co that we shop for groceries at. Our stalwart city leader expressing disgust at the soaring crime rate.

We just got notice that Graywolf Consulting and each employee are now subject to a 1% tax on our income to provide more homeless services to support the droves that continue to arrive.

183bff72b3e6549c74e96acb3c104263c3a8313717e618b3e6382098108b9234.jpg
Well the weather for sure! And this:

If god loves me.jpg

Damn, I shoulda got on quicker. I think the mods have Roster on auto censor!

Red alert for sure.........

47F @ 66% RH, partially cloudy with showers and 11 mph wind. Predicted to reach 54F.

More gunfire and more of the same with our feckless mayor attempting to bring back the gang violence task force that he previously dumped to divert their salaries to minority community programs, but fighting our far left of left activist commissioners who promoted it in the first place and that still believe that you (someone besides them) can pick up stools from the clean end.

Meanwhile local business and community leaders are saying enough!!!!!!!! The sick part is that while our elected officials are out of touch with reality, what does that say about the candidate selection or the morons who elected them in the first place???

Morning, Hippie yo shouldn't have said Roster was on auto censor.....now he can't stop posting.

Cutting down a Ghost Express today.... can't wait...I have been out of it for awhile.

@GW.....we do elect some questionable individuals as our elected officials....makes you wonder how smart the people electing them are. My daughter works for the State of Colo and got the same 1% tax without notice or explanation....asshats!!!

Gonna be a nice day...I see a long walk coming.

Big, are you still growing Ghost Express. We were both disappointed with the first batch. It has turned out really sweet. Small compact plant but for its size she yields well. Plus, the smoke is Fire. One of my favs. I just finished cutting one down and hanging it. Whole basement smells like your old underwear....smokes good though...

weathered-decayed-dirty-underwear-men-white-close-up-background-64279996.jpg

not growing anything this season , I’m on vacation from the garden , I needed a break so I took it

yeah , it cures out good and is one of the stinkiest plants a ever grew

ghost said he was getting 3+ lbs a tray with one 1000 watt bulb but I didn’t see results like that

Indoor I average about 3 1/2 zips/plant. The GE comes in just a bit under that so I am happy and she will remain a starter.

So what are ya gonna do this summer.....sail the high seas?

giphy.gif

trying to finish up remodeling the house so I can sell it or rent it out...maybe caveman is still interested?

then me and Swede are heading up to her place in Port Angeles where I am gonna golf , fish , pan for gold , and cruise the Straight of Juan de Fuca with hookers and blow

I’m trying to buy this boat

65D86EBE-B174-43C8-ACA6-09ADC6EED810.jpeg

@GW.....we do elect some questionable individuals as our elected officials....makes you wonder how smart the people electing them are. My daughter works for the State of Colo and got the same 1% tax without notice or explanation....asshats!!!

Oregon voting went from civilly liberal and fiscally conservative to far left liberal since I arrived in Portland in 1965, due to a high influx of left leaning liberals from elsewhere. Except for the central corridor, Oregon is still further right and fiscally conservative, but simply gets out voted.

Locally a wasteland for candidate choices. Our voting choice for Portland mayor, was the feckless incumbent or a challenger openly professing embracing Antifa and banning the police, bringing us to the discussion of how we attract the type of people we need in those jobs, not just here in OR, but nationally???????

Homelessness is a national/world problem and it seems unreasonably unjust to place/add their burden solely on those living in temperate/liberal/sanctuary climates where they congregate. What is needed is living wage jobs so everyone has the opportunity to support themselves and add to the GNP versus driving inflation with printed money handouts that will make us'n old folk's savings as worthless as the Venezuelan bolivar.

Even if taxpayers were subsidizing the living wage job, at least we would get some return for our efforts beyond the warm fuzzies from just feeding and sheltering brothers and sisters who are down for one more day.

then me and Swede are heading up to her place in Port Angeles where I am gonna golf , fish , pan for gold , and cruise the Straight of Juan de Fuca with hookers and blow. I’m trying to buy this boat

Living the dream! Nice area for sailing and a handy size boat. What sails, engine, and electronics come with it?

45F @ 77% RH, rain with 11mph winds, and predicted to reach 53F.

Wowza! One of my dental implants loosened and came out when I removed my plate for the night. To say it smarted would be an understatement and being Friday night, not much I can have done about it until Monday. I rinsed the empty socket with brine and an iodine rinse and will let the dentist sort it out when I can get in.

Now to figure out how to eat in the interim.............................

Latest posts

Back