Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right Pute. I see a bunch of old fkers with canes talking a lot of shit.

Have you ever watched a cane master in action? Self-Defense Canes | Self Defense Walking Cane | Cane Masters

When I was a kid, Isodine was the go to for boo boos. The ointment was the best, but they quit making it in the states.

That brings back the memories. As kids, we were always painted with that stuff. Bubba

We got methanolate on everything, including our tonsils.......

52F @ 81% RH, cloudy with rain, and predicted to reach 61F. Good that we are getting some rain after our record dry April and so far May……………..

More fun with the cooking test sled. I ran another batch of carrots in the aluminum beads at 82C/180F for 30 minutes and they turned out about like carrots done at the same temperature for 20 minutes in water. I followed up with a spiced Asian pear for 99 minutes, with was still a little el dente, but the pear wasn’t fully ripe this time so I can’t compare it to the water. Now that I’ve gotten a feel, I’ll run steak next.

I also ran boiling point experiments on the vacuum pot and can boil water at 60C/140F.

The last experiment was to make Jalapeno syrup by the conventional recipe for comparison and an mah own experimental recipe macerating the Jalapenos in a blender with 190 proof ethanol and sugar, filtering, and then adding water. Today I plan to remove the alcohol, leaving the goodies in the sugar water syrup. Lots of difference in color, and the standard recipe tastes good, but I await the pleasure of tasting the trial recipe until after the alcohol is gone.

The test will be two batches of Jalapeno lemonade using the two different syrups.

Have you ever watched a cane master in action? Self-Defense Canes | Self Defense Walking Cane | Cane Masters

We got methanolate on everything, including our tonsils.......

52F @ 81% RH, cloudy with rain, and predicted to reach 61F. Good that we are getting some rain after our record dry April and so far May……………..

More fun with the cooking test sled. I ran another batch of carrots in the aluminum beads at 82C/180F for 30 minutes and they turned out about like carrots done at the same temperature for 20 minutes in water. I followed up with a spiced Asian pear for 99 minutes, with was still a little el dente, but the pear wasn’t fully ripe this time so I can’t compare it to the water. Now that I’ve gotten a feel, I’ll run steak next.

I also ran boiling point experiments on the vacuum pot and can boil water at 60C/140F.

The last experiment was to make Jalapeno syrup by the conventional recipe for comparison and an mah own experimental recipe macerating the Jalapenos in a blender with 190 proof ethanol and sugar, filtering, and then adding water. Today I plan to remove the alcohol, leaving the goodies in the sugar water syrup. Lots of difference in color, and the standard recipe tastes good, but I await the pleasure of tasting the trial recipe until after the alcohol is gone.

The test will be two batches of Jalapeno lemonade using the two different syrups.
Just wondering with them Al beads more than likely in motion while cooking
any chance of Al being in the food when finished? See what I am asking, or is the food just for testing purposes at this point

clint1.jpg

Just wondering with them Al beads more than likely in motion while cooking any chance of Al being in the food when finished? See what I am asking, or is the food just for testing purposes at this point

The food is vacuum sealed in heat resistant bags, so is not in contact with the aluminum. The beads however are easily scattered and you can't just drop a vacuum sealed bag into aluminum beads, like you can hot water, you have to scoop half them out, put the bags in and then pour the first half back in on top.

Hee, hee, hee, maybe I need to fluidize it when loading........................

I hollowed my lower end of cane and filled it with Pb

I had one with about an 18" blade inside, but it lacked good balance to use as a cane.

We practiced with the bo and jo in Aikido and the boken in Kendo, but I could never find a local cane master, so never developed my cane art beyond what you can do with a stout stick.

The only times I've ever been armed with a cane, I needed it to walk after knee replacement and I couldn't wait to get rid of it, because it subconsciously causes me to walk funny and put uneven wear on my hips and shoulders, which start to rebel with pains of their own.

If I just carry one, with it seldom touching the ground, it feels "dandy", which is not an image I want to portray as a fight avoidance technique.

It is easier to actually inconspicuously carry a SW640 and ostensibly way easier to be masterful with in our dotage.

Famous quote By Clint
“Listen, punk. To me you're nothin' but dogshit, you understand? And a lot of things can happen to dogshit. It can be scraped up with a shovel off the ground. It can dry up and blow away in the wind. Or it can be stepped on and squashed. So take my advice and be careful where the dog shits ya!”

Morning Misfits. Happy moanday.

Got daumn close to a killer frost last night. Went out first thing and a light frost was on the grass. Whew....Mrs Pute spent the afternoon yesterday planting flowers. I tried to tell her it was a week to early but she was on a mission. She got real lucky.

Congrats to Phil Mickelson.

I've sure gotten old!

I've had two bypass surgeries, a hip replacement, new knees, fought prostate cancer and diabetes.

I'm half-blind, can't hear anything quieter than a jet engine, take 40 different medications that make me dizzy, winded, and subject to blackouts.

I have bouts with dementia, have poor circulation, and can hardly feel my hands and feet anymore.

I can't remember if I'm 85 or 92 - and I have lost most of my friends.

But thank goodness, I still have my driver's license!!

Not sure to laugh or gasp bro.
I mean damn.
Ive Been shot with a 357. Doc told my Wife they lost me twice on the table.
Open Heart surgery 8yrs ago, and a stent two yrs ago.
Torn rotator cuff.
Bad motorcycle wreck broke my knee in 14 places. Other then that im still good. Feel lucky after reading your problems bro.

IMG_20210524_102314[1].jpg

So what do you make of this? It's my best genetics, "Ceremonial #1". They are all F2 hybrids so quite a lot of variation but this one is typical. The leaves don't exactly look indica, do they? The original genetics are lost in time but I have the suspicion that it's the best pheno of the cross, Aurora indica with a Mexican plant, possibly Acapulco Gold. What was that? A sativa? I'm guessing maybe yes, I don't see how I'm getting leaveslike that, otherwise. I have put some of the (18 years old) Aurora x Mexican seed to germinate, to see if I can verify my suspicions. Either way, I love this variety because it almost never gets bud rot and it is fiendishly potent.

Walt, that reminds me of the time the OH and I went to FL back in '86. We were on the FXST, getting ready to go across a bridge to Siesta (?) Key. Jerry Ford had a place there. There was an old '64 Caddy in front of us. The dude at the toll booth let her go, and then proceeded to hold me up for what seemed like 10 minutes. Pissed me off. I racked the bike and was just about to dismount and get my hippie azz tossed in jail when the dude said, "Mister, that gal that just left is legally blind. She goes to town once a month to get her groceries. Everyone around here knows her and gives her a wide berth. She drives no faster than 5 miles an hour. If I had let you go, you'd pass her, and she'd kill you when you were stopped at the first stop sign."
I gave her an extra five minutes and thanked the guy.

I remember caster oil, tastes like shit. .

I've got about 50+ volunteer Caster plants popping up all over our two acre heaven. .. and the beans can be used in so many nefarious ways.
Almost lost some chickens that either ate a bean or a leaf and so, I quit eating their eggs for a month

Also got the ornamental caster trees , not good for much but shade

View attachment 273343
So what do you make of this? It's my best genetics, "Ceremonial #1". They are all F2 hybrids so quite a lot of variation but this one is typical. The leaves don't exactly look indica, do they? The original genetics are lost in time but I have the suspicion that it's the best pheno of the cross, Aurora indica with a Mexican plant, possibly Acapulco Gold. What was that? A sativa? I'm guessing maybe yes, I don't see how I'm getting leaveslike that, otherwise. I have put some of the (18 years old) Aurora x Mexican seed to germinate, to see if I can verify my suspicions. Either way, I love this variety because it almost never gets bud rot and it is fiendishly potent.
Did she reveg early on? Now going back into reg cycle

Last edited by a moderator:

We also sell bottled mineral water.........

I've sure gotten old! I've had two bypass surgeries, a hip replacement, new knees, fought prostate cancer and diabetes. I'm half-blind, can't hear anything quieter than a jet engine, take 40 different medications that make me dizzy, winded, and subject to blackouts. I have bouts with dementia, have poor circulation, and can hardly feel my hands and feet anymore. I can't remember if I'm 85 or 92 - and I have lost most of my friends. But thank goodness, I still have my driver's license!!

The important part.

Not sure to laugh or gasp bro. I mean damn. Ive Been shot with a 357. Doc told my Wife they lost me twice on the table. Open Heart surgery 8yrs ago, and a stent two yrs ago. Torn rotator cuff. Bad motorcycle wreck broke my knee in 14 places. Other then that im still good. Feel lucky after reading your problems bro.

Ya'll win! How can I possibly compete with all that and still survive........................

53F @ 95% RH, rain, and predicted to reach 65F.

A class action lawsuit by Portland’s homeless for losing private property when they clean up illegal camps. Mostly heirlooms worth millions…………….

The comparison of the two Jalapeno lemonades is interesting in that the water extraction actually has more flavonoids and the ethanol extraction has more capsicum. Next I will try extracting with ethanol and then adding the water before steeping and filtering it, so as to grab more of the water soluble flavonoids.

Lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My heat exchanger arrived and I got it mounted and running. I need to pick up some fittings to finish plumbing it, but the fan runs.

Latest posts

Back