Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much rain you gonna get @Steve1
Hopefully not to much.
Right now they’re talking 4-5 inches. Surprisingly most of the weather is hitting east of us. We’ve gotten some rain, not much. Problem is as it heads north dumping rain, all of our area will flood due to the rivers and bayous flooding

Morning misfits its monday agsin. Had to come to work to get a break. Having to redo the front bathroom, funny i don't remember working this hard when i built the house. Back and knees are killing me this morn.

Good morning, fellow earthlings. I hope you're all well and safe. Looks like the lockdown is partially over. I have a dentist appointment this morning for the first time in years, and supposedly the bars & restaurants are now open with restrictions. My liver is quivering with anticipation, and my taste buds are going crazy for a buffalo burger. I'm drooling again.

Well, I'm back from an hour and a half in the Dentist's chair. Ole Painless Paul is a peach. He was telling me about a 93 year old gal he had in his chair earlier. He asked her what the secret to a long life was. She replied, "Just keep moving." He asked her if she meant to stay active, and she said, "No. Keep moving or they start tossing dirt on ya."

Morning misfits. Storms here today but supposed to have a nice weekend with low humidity starting late wednesday early thursday. May have to start more seeds found the temp in my grow room at 62 deg. So i turned the a/c iff. I guess i need to readjust it.

Good morning brothers and sisters. I think I might have hurt my liver yesterday. My first three choices of bars were still closed, but good old number four was open and hopping. They had the bar stools set at six feet apart. I sat down at the far end and ordered a draft of Miller Lite. The young gal behind the bar wanted to know what size. I told her I wanted a big one. Turned out, their big ones are 32 ounces. Ouch. About half way through, I could feel it kicking in. An old friend came in and naturally grabbed the closest stool and pulled it right next to mine. We talked for an hour or so while I finished off my mega beer. I ordered a small one next which turned out to be a 16 oz. After a few months sobriety, my liver sucked up every drop of that alcohol. Gave her a big hug and told her I'd see her next time. When I left, I noticed that most all the other patrons had pulled their chairs closer to each other so they didn't have to yell to be heard. It was good to be around people again. We aren't meant to be alone. Humans are social creatures.

The house goes up on the market Monday

Be ready for it to sell quickly! We had ours on the market for 4 days and it sold at asking price. We had had a couple offers just below asking the day before, then got the offer at asking price, then 1 came back offering more than asking trying to then outbid the asking price offer. Idk what's going on, but Covid-19 has made the real estate market boom!

Cannagrammy, welcome to the island, and I sure hope you're right! I'm tired of working on the place and am ready to see someone else take the helm.

Mr. Puppy, don't let the 62 degrees scare you. I've had plants take one night of freezing and make it through just fine. 62 is nothing.

Changed the oil in the diesel this morning after finding out that the dealer sold me the wrong filter and I had to go buy another one, then I got to spend the last five hours looking at the hood of the beast while mowing the back pasture. I left a half acre up where the old garden used to be because it's nothing but white Dutch clover that the deers love. Speaking of deers, I fed four of them through the winter. Come spring time, they only came in late at night. Yesterday afternoon, they came back for a munch and brought two friends. This morning, a lone doe came up with a brand new fawn. Talk about cute! I'm not going to mow the woods this year because that's where they go when they need a safe place. I love to eat deer meat, but I love to watch them play out back a lot more.🦌

Morning folks. I turned the a/c on and walked away, didn't check temp for a week. Noticed my seefling wasn't growing so i started checking things snd found the temp to be low. I like to keep my grow room around 85 deg. Msy have to grab out some more beans to pop.

Latest posts

Back