Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning folks i have been trying to pop beans but so fsr not real well. I got some between paper towels so heres hoping.
I stick my beans in a pot with soil and keep the soil moist. Always seems to work best for me. Never have to touch them again untill i transplant into bigger pots.

Man is it ever hot in this building. My old butt is melting. Should be done with this Burkes at the end of August. Should have AC on in about 2 weeks. They are dropping the RTUs in a couple weeks.
Hope you misfits are having a good day.
Aladin,,hang in there my friend.

Afternoon gang. You mention hot Bubble....same here outside. Couldn't imagine not having A/C. Plus we have a southern wind....like a blast furnace out there. Temp is well into the 90's f with 11% humidity. I am sure using a lot of water outside trying to keep everything from drying up. Water bill is gonna be like our national debt.

I was in the McDonald’s drive-through this morning and the young lady behind me leaned on her horn because she felt I was taking too long to place my order.

“Take the high road,” I thought to myself. So, when I got to the first window I paid for her order along with my own. The cashier must have told her what I'd done, because as we moved up she leaned out her window and waved to me and mouthed "Thank You," obviously embarrassed that I had repaid her rudeness with a kindness.

When I got to the second window I showed them both receipts and took her food too. Now she has to go back to the end of the line and start all over.

Moral of the story:
Don't be rude and honk your horn at old people.
gramps.gif

Good morning, boys and girls. I've been puttering with the new (to me) Jeep. A little touch up here and a little scrubbing there. I went to pull the old tire cover off and it fell apart in my hands. I was going to pull the spare off and replace it with a new one, but it's got a security lug nut on it and the kind people I bought it from didn't include the key. I'm glad I found out at home rather than out on the road with a flat somewhere. I'm going to run it up to the local tire shop and see if they can get the blasted thing off. If not, I'll be grinding a couple of flats onto it so I can get a wrench to bite.
Just another stumbling block in the great journey of Jeep ownership....:)

Hope you all stay high and happy as much as you can.

Good Evening IOM, BT I did my 9 today, Gonna be 10 a day next 2 weeks. People got to have snacks for the 4th.
Time to get Stoned to the Bone.
Maybe Uncle Pute will come by and tell us a story.

Well, I lucked out on the spare tire problem. I took it to the local tire shop and the young fella there had it off in minutes. I figured he'd done it a few hundred times in his life, and it would have been my first. I left a new rim and tire for him to mount and balance for tomorrow. I'm going to slip an extra five bucks in the bill for him taking the time to help me out. It's nice living in a small town. Even if you don't know everybody, they act like you do.

Good morning, boys and girls. I've been puttering with the new (to me) Jeep. A little touch up here and a little scrubbing there. I went to pull the old tire cover off and it fell apart in my hands. I was going to pull the spare off and replace it with a new one, but it's got a security lug nut on it and the kind people I bought it from didn't include the key. I'm glad I found out at home rather than out on the road with a flat somewhere. I'm going to run it up to the local tire shop and see if they can get the blasted thing off. If not, I'll be grinding a couple of flats onto it so I can get a wrench to bite.
Just another stumbling block in the great journey of Jeep ownership....:)

Hope you all stay high and happy as much as you can.
I’ve had to fabricate a socket in the past when that happens it always sucks.

Latest posts

Back