Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1635540006457.png

Gotta tell yall something that happen to me for the first time a couple days ago. Two nights ago i woke up on the floor with my knee and elbow hurting. I had been dreaming i was kicking someone's ass that threw some mud on me. Im guessing i must have lost.
😁
Funny thing is when i woke up trying to pick my ass up off the floor, my dog Charlie was setting there looking at me like i had lost my ever loving mind,,, he was sleeping next to me when all this happened. My Wife laughed her ass off and my dog wont sleep with me no more. 😂 😂 😂

One night I brushed a 1911 45 aside that was pointed at my face in my dreams, and kicked the night stand, adding a limp to my routine for a week or so. We are typically paralyzed when dreaming, but somehow I rose above that.

Wilder yet was a period of virtual dreaming that I went through, where I could control my actions in my dreams. That was actually quite a bit of fun.........

44F @ 82RH, double gorgeous with 6 mph winds, and predicted to reach 55F.

Alas Portland gets nuttier. An attempted child abduction and pamphlets on windshields warning children being sought for satanical rites. Someone set the toilet paper display on fire at a local Target for shits and giggles.

A stray bullet from a shoot out between two inviduals hits Trimet bus, with no injuries and both participants fled. Catalytic converter thieves have gotten so brazen that they are doing it broad daylight in store parking lots. The good news is that one was filmed doing so by multiple bystanders and was ultimately caught. One down and "N" to go............

Sending off a specimen from a 24 hour urine collection for testing today to see why I continue to produce kidney stones, while I continue to wait my turn for another surgery to remove the one I currently have. Covid backed up the discretionary surgeries and they are now trying to catch up.

One night I brushed a 1911 45 aside that was pointed at my face in my dreams, and kicked the night stand, adding a limp to my routine for a week or so. We are typically paralyzed when dreaming, but somehow I rose above that.

Wilder yet was a period of virtual dreaming that I went through, where I could control my actions in my dreams. That was actually quite a bit of fun.........

44F @ 82RH, double gorgeous with 6 mph winds, and predicted to reach 55F.

Alas Portland gets nuttier. An attempted child abduction and pamphlets on windshields warning children being sought for satanical rites. Someone set the toilet paper display on fire at a local Target for shits and giggles.

A stray bullet from a shoot out between two inviduals hits Trimet bus, with no injuries and both participants fled. Catalytic converter thieves have gotten so brazen that they are doing it broad daylight in store parking lots. The good news is that one was filmed doing so by multiple bystanders and was ultimately caught. One down and "N" to go............

Sending off a specimen from a 24 hour urine collection for testing today to see why I continue to produce kidney stones, while I continue to wait my turn for another surgery to remove the one I currently have. Covid backed up the discretionary surgeries and they are now trying to catch up.
Throughout my younger years, my mother had many many kidney stone surgeries. They really thought it would kill her once but she pushed through. Still kicking at 97... Anyway, they tried diets, medications and surgery, but they kept coming.

Finally, appointment with Mayo medical in Minnesota. There are some tiny tiny things next to the thyroid glands, called parathyroid glands, about the size of a rice grain. One of them had a tiny benign tumor on it. Very small throat area incision, tumor removed and no more stones period.

They made appointments and went every year after that.

Bubba

Throughout my younger years, my mother had many many kidney stone surgeries. They really thought it would kill her once but she pushed through. Still kicking at 97... Anyway, they tried diets, medications and surgery, but they kept coming. Finally, appointment with Mayo medical in Minnesota. There are some tiny tiny things next to the thyroid glands, called parathyroid glands, about the size of a rice grain. One of them had a tiny benign tumor on it. Very small throat area incision, tumor removed and no more stones period. They made appointments and went every year after that. Bubba

Thanks for the heads up brother! It would be nice if it turns out to be that simple. I sent the sample off today to be analyzed and hopefully I'm waiting with bait on my breath to see what it determines.

Hope things turn out for the best GW. And I an beginning to believe you need a wall around your house.

Thanks brother! You could be right..........

51F @ 40% RH, double gorgeous with 9 mph wind and predicted to reach 59F.

Portland Commissioners and community leaders discuss solutions to rampant gun violence in Portland:

“We’ve got to get upstream and ask ourselves why particularly kids of color don’t see hope in school, don’t see opportunities in employment, and in housing that other people in our community see," Reese said.

Lakayana Drury is the found of the non-profit Word is Bond. He's advocating for a greater focus on root causes like houselessness and income inequality.

“We also need housing. Police can’t just be our only response. You have got to get these people houses. We can’t just build 20 new apartment complexes that have murals outside of them," Drury said.

Citywide, commissioners said they want to expand green spaces, as well as the Safe Streets Initiative moving forward.

Sent off my urine sample to a lab to determine why I continue to get kidney stones and wait with bait on my breath for the results.

Both my surgeons proscribe any cannabis use 10 days before surgery, so quit October 1 and had an interesting BP and heart rate excursion yesterday, which had me wondering if it was caused by withdrawal. I took a couple dabs of CBD to see if it would bring them both down and was both surprised and dismayed to see it actually counterintuitively significantly increased both.

My acoustical sieving experiment continues to hit snags. First the JVC receiver/amplifier that I planed to use to drive it died due to leaking electrolytic condensers leaking oil all overt the boards, and after replacing it, I discovered that the 8 ohm 10” woofer I was using to produce the vibrations now only has 1 ohm resistance, suggesting it’s coil has shorted. Moving to a 12” woofer and a sub-woofer seat shaker. Besides my body falling apart, it seems like my projects all have extra steps lately…………

Thanks brother! You could be right..........

51F @ 40% RH, double gorgeous with 9 mph wind and predicted to reach 59F.

Portland Commissioners and community leaders discuss solutions to rampant gun violence in Portland:

“We’ve got to get upstream and ask ourselves why particularly kids of color don’t see hope in school, don’t see opportunities in employment, and in housing that other people in our community see," Reese said.

Lakayana Drury is the found of the non-profit Word is Bond. He's advocating for a greater focus on root causes like houselessness and income inequality.

“We also need housing. Police can’t just be our only response. You have got to get these people houses. We can’t just build 20 new apartment complexes that have murals outside of them," Drury said.

Citywide, commissioners said they want to expand green spaces, as well as the Safe Streets Initiative moving forward.

Sent off my urine sample to a lab to determine why I continue to get kidney stones and wait with bait on my breath for the results.

Both my surgeons proscribe any cannabis use 10 days before surgery, so quit October 1 and had an interesting BP and heart rate excursion yesterday, which had me wondering if it was caused by withdrawal. I took a couple dabs of CBD to see if it would bring them both down and was both surprised and dismayed to see it actually counterintuitively significantly increased both.

My acoustical sieving experiment continues to hit snags. First the JVC receiver/amplifier that I planed to use to drive it died due to leaking electrolytic condensers leaking oil all overt the boards, and after replacing it, I discovered that the 8 ohm 10” woofer I was using to produce the vibrations now only has 1 ohm resistance, suggesting it’s coil has shorted. Moving to a 12” woofer and a sub-woofer seat shaker. Besides my body falling apart, it seems like my projects all have extra steps lately…………
On that accoustic project, look at apexjr com, they used to have really good priced plate subwoofer amps. Parts Express has some to, but apexjr was hard to beat. Parts express will have all sorts of drivers for that application.

Just checked, they still have them....
Bubba

On that accoustic project, look at apexjr com, they used to have really good priced plate subwoofer amps. Parts Express has some to, but apexjr was hard to beat. Parts express will have all sorts of drivers for that application. Just checked, they still have them.... Bubba

Thanks, their sub woofer amp looks interesting. If my 100 watt amp doesn't work, I'll grab one.

Great guy there at apex, I get all my wire for amps and power supplies from him. Mil spec, Teflon insulated, low oxygen copper (I've had this stuff for years, doesn't turn green inside insulation) solid core or multi strand, all gauges and colors. Lowest cost for mil spec wire that I know of, any length you want, 1 foot to what ever.

Bubba

Thanks
Pretty sure I just saw a seal a meal at Sam's Club. Any recommendations or "ones to avoid" or "best bang for buck?" Didn't really want to waste jars in the freezer anyway.

Bubba

We use a Food Saver, ours cost $200+ ... what I've heard is the middle priced to least expensive will work, for a while maybe

View attachment 281360
Electro-Voice EKX-18SP Powered 18" Subwoofer US Cord
Item #:1425312339886 POS #: 111132585

• Active subwoofer with 18 in. LF driver
  • 1300 Watt Class D amplifier
  • Frequency response of 35Hz - 180Hz

$1,199.00

That should shake the house. Our 200W JBL Sub 10 rattles ours.

52F @ 41% RH, cloudy with 8 mph wind and predicted to reach 53F.

Portland holds virtual town hall meeting to discuss gun violence and leaders sagely agree that gun violence is getting worse.

Minimal trick or treaters last night. We set our treats on the front porch with the light on, and still had treats left.

Howdy MisFits. Yup, just like you GW we had very few goblins out. That is two years in a row. Looking like Covid has killed this holiday. I did spend time watching my security cameras for nefarious goblins that come out a bit later but there were none.

Now I have to get rid of this left over candy.....NOW. If I don't ......ain't gonna do it though. Mail lady will take it and put it in the community bowl at work for all the candy grabbers.

Breakfast time. Mrs Pute is mixing up a batch of witches brew.....

Howdy MisFits. Yup, just like you GW we had very few goblins out. That is two years in a row. Looking like Covid has killed this holiday. I did spend time watching my security cameras for nefarious goblins that come out a bit later but there were none.

Now I have to get rid of this left over candy.....NOW. If I don't ......ain't gonna do it though. Mail lady will take it and put it in the community bowl at work for all the candy grabbers.

Breakfast time. Mrs Pute is mixing up a batch of witches brew.....
Yummy
1635776075812.png

Latest posts

Back