Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Toms Diner is a strip club alright.....but...it is full of cross dressing men...how was your table dance Roster?

giphy.gif

52F @ 90% RH, rain with 5 mph winds, and predicted to reach 60F.

Our far left and bi-sexual Oregon governor under fire for blanket commutation of sentences of violent criminals convicted as juveniles, with no study or regard for why they were locked up in the first place, which includes murder, rape, and mayhem. She favors a softer gentler way that addresses criminality with social programs focused at the root cause.

One of our neighbors was robbed of his jacket at gun point walking his dog last night, because that was all he had on him worth stealing,

Alas my dentist rescheduled my appointment for a upper plate fitting and my urologists rescheduled my Zoom conference because I don't have a camera on my computer anymore and for some reason he needs to see my face, even though I can see and hear him. When I asked why, the assistant said it was because they had billed it as an audio/visual conference.

I did make my pre-op appointment for knee surgery and the lab results are all over the place because of all the crap going on with my kidney stone, so I will have to retake them in two weeks.

A face to face with my urologists this morning to see what the new plan is to remove this kidney stone..................... If they don't resolve it soon, I will have to reschedule my knee surgery that I've been waiting months for an opening...........

The good news is that they finally got around to sending me the specimen collection kit so I can send off a 24 hour urine sample for analysis to determine why I continue to get kidney stones, as this the fifth one.

I picked up a couple night lights so I stop barking my shins on furniture and another camera for my computer. The last two Dell computers both had built in cameras on the screens but the first Dell only lasted a month and its replacement went dark in a year, so I replaced them with another HP which doesn't. Now it does..............

Last edited:
OK... I just found a miracle-shooter guy. Incredible. Lookit:

Ed McGivern is renowned as one of the best handgunners that ever lived. His Guinness world record for "The greatest rapid-fire feat" (set on August 20, 1932 at the Lead Club Range, South Dakota) still stands. He emptied two revolvers in less than 2 seconds. He set another record on September 13, 1932, shooting five rounds from a double-action revolver at 15 feet in 2/5 of a second, and covering the group with his hand.[3] His accomplishments include "firing two times from 15 feet five shots which could be covered by a silver half-dollar piece in 45/100 of a second". His shooting was so rapid, timing machines would malfunction in attempting to record his shooting speed.[4]

McGivern was capable of many amazing shooting feats, most of them well documented in his book.[3] To name just a few:
  • He could break six simultaneously hand-thrown clay pigeons (standard trap targets) in the air before they hit the ground.[5]
  • He could hit a tin can hand-thrown 20 ft in the air five times before it hit the ground.[6]
  • He could drive a tack or nail into wood by shooting it.[5]
  • He could shoot the spots out of playing cards at 18 feet, or even split a playing card edge on.[5][7]
  • He could shoot a dime on the fly.[5]
All of these executed with either hand using a factory Smith & Wesson Model 10 double-action revolver (purportedly his favorite handgun).[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_McGivern#Exhibition_shooting

As some of you know, deeply insightful and forward thinking Oregon was the first state to decriminalize hard drug possession under Measure 110. Under kinder and gentler Measure 110, the tickets issued for possession now simply require the person to call a national hotline and screen for substance abuse disorder or pay a $100 fine. Before passage of Measure 110, Oregon issued about 1200 tickets a month, and in the 9 months since then has issued only 1280 tickets in total, mostly for dealer quantities, while ignoring small quantity possessors.

In reviewing the expected dramatic success, our forward thinking lawmakers are aghast and agape to learn that possession and hard drug use hasn't plummeted as predicted with our softer gentler approach, because of those 1280 tickets issued, 600 continue to ignore the tickets, and so far only 51 have called and completed the assessment, with only 8 asking for treatment, 8 were already in treatment when they were ticketed, and 35 declined treatment, saying they only called to meet the requirements and avoid the $100 fine. The rest are still pending.

Go figure................................. Who would have thought or possibly predicted those results???

Latest posts

Back