Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a fked up place. Antifa has ruined that beautiful place. My Wife said Oregon was one of the prettiest places she had ever been.

I swung through Oregon on the way home from the land of CA following discharge and fell so in love that I moved here within three years and since passed up job offers in other states with substantially greater responsibility and recompense packages over the years. I could also have sold our home here and bought a mansion with acreage in some of those places for less money.

Guess you will see how that works !!!!!

I would argue that we have already been watching how well our liberal policies are working in Portland and rest my case.

@ G W.....thinking about you. Hope all is well.

Morning GW....how are ya feeling?

He said he is pissing razor blades. Guessing that could hurt like a mother fker. o_O

At least they are "passing" super painful, but at least they are passing. I do not envy. Heal quickly!!!
bubba

The sharp burn and bloody urine is diminishing and the great news is there is no pain until I urinate, so I haven't needed any of the oxycodone prescribed. I still have to go back in in a week and have the stent from my bladder to my left kidney removed, which will no doubt start it up again.

Having dabbled with criminal defense for the past 31 years, I can tell you that doesnt work. They will have a few "success stories" of either folks that got in enough trouble that some sort of drug/mental health diversion was the only way out, and really didnt have an addiction issue, and know how to play the game or, this is the 9th or 10th time they have "successfully graduated" for the program.

Their main problem is their life view. There focus is many times 15 minutes, MAYBE 1 or 2 years.....That's all they see. If it isnt happening right in front of their face right in that 10 mins to 3 day focus, it doesnt exist. Most successful folks focus is decades of their entire life history. You call on experiences from 10, 20, 30 years ago, and are planning the next how ever many years they have left, not 10 minutes.....much larger focus. The worse they get, the shorter that period is. Bubba

Inmate recidivism statistics support your perspective. My volunteer math and science GED tutoring at the Multnomah County jail gave me a better insight as to why. Their short term perspective is exacerbated by their friends and support structure.

One of the inmates that I worked hardest with and had highest hopes for, was back with his homies and on meth again the day he was discharged celebrating his release.

I swung through Oregon on the way home from the land of CA following discharge and fell so in love that I moved here within three years and since passed up job offers in other states with substantially greater responsibility and recompense packages over the years. I could also have sold our home here and bought a mansion with acreage in some of those places for less money.

I would argue that we have already been watching how well our liberal policies are working in Portland and rest my case.

The sharp burn and bloody urine is diminishing and the great news is there is no pain until I urinate, so I haven't needed any of the oxycodone prescribed. I still have to go back in in a week and have the stent from my bladder to my left kidney removed, which will no doubt start it up again.

Inmate recidivism statistics support your perspective. My volunteer math and science GED tutoring at the Multnomah County jail gave me a better insight as to why. Their short term perspective is exacerbated by their friends and support structure.

One of the inmates that I worked hardest with and had highest hopes for, was back with his homies and on meth again the day he was discharged celebrating his release.
Eloquently put. I liken there situation to crabs in a crab bucket. No top is required. If one starts to escape, the others drag his arse back in.

Bubba

Like crabs trapped in the crab bucket...sad. I tell them to get the he ck out of the neighborhood to succeed. Too many triggers.

Bubba

Like crabs trapped in the crab bucket...sad. I tell them to get the he ck out of the neighborhood to succeed. Too many triggers.

Bubba
Meth. A Scurge for sure. My coke and smack guys sometimes come clean....rarely with meth, It seems to really grab some folks. A good friend from way back died in federal prison a few years ago. Meth manufacturing sentence.

Bubba

Gooode Sol Rex day brothers and sister women!

53F @ 84% RH, cloudy with rain and 5 mph wind; predicted to reach 57F.

No bloody urine or painful urination this morning but alas my ureters were too small for the camera to pass and all they did was insert a stent. Next week I'll find out what they are going to do next to remove the kidney stone.

Glad you are still kicking GW.

Glad I am old....I quit all drugs except pot decades ago. Glad meth wasn't around ...it was hard enough kicking the coke habit.

Not much going on here today. Brewing tea for the girls...other than that I will take the day as it comes.

That I did do - The cold turkey thing - When it became more fun getting it than doing it I knew It was finally over. Scored and turned to a couple buddies and said basically here - I don't want this shiz... Went on another run or 2 and that was it. Had a few friends that didn't make it out alive.

have some coffee you old feckers and calm down , it’s sunday! Sunday! Sunday! for crying out loud

6D78590A-41BF-4035-891D-5965FD2D09A1.jpeg

77E8D25B-09BC-4E55-ACE2-A6BDA8D83FE2.jpeg

76840125-69D3-4ACF-B4CB-AAE5FA5B05FD.jpeg

E1118B6A-5B11-4C67-A021-FC901E6129CD.png

Glad you are still kicking GW.

Glad I am old....I quit all drugs except pot decades ago. Glad meth wasn't around ...it was hard enough kicking the coke habit.

Not much going on here today. Brewing tea for the girls...other than that I will take the day as it comes.
Grew up with cookers, but never cared for speed. I always preferred the other mellow direction. Weed, narcotics, barbiturates, qualudes etc. Never liked coke either. Would keep it around for tips at clubs and bribing friends!

Bubba

and a couple for my friend Weedhopper

well three then

View attachment 281009

View attachment 281010

View attachment 281011
Lovely ladies.
An antidote (of sorts) to the earlie accounts of dark days with other drugs.
I am thankful that I only fiddled around a little with other street drugs for a couple of years & even then, not in a big way. Early on, I discovered that weed was a good accompaniment for acid 'cos it helped exercise a greater degree of control. Glad that you guys who have been "through-the-mill" have come out the other side reasonably OK.
I have been lucky to be adventurous enough to try stuff out but also to not get too caught up in a "scene".
I have pondered for ages on the very real problems of addiction and wondered why it is that some people get sucked into that whirlpool and can't get out.
I also wonder how different it might be if ALL drugs were legal and accurate information about effects & pro's & cons was made widely available by government decree.

Latest posts

Back