Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1634652334920.png

1634652350495.png

Morning misfits. I'm on the path back to the living. Remember that crap the Pullet came down with two weeks ago? Well, she was kind enough to share it with the Old Hen, who was kind enough to share it with me. I'm thinkin' it was the Moldavian variant of the 'rona. Shoulda got that sixth booster.....

Morning misfits. I'm on the path back to the living. Remember that crap the Pullet came down with two weeks ago? Well, she was kind enough to share it with the Old Hen, who was kind enough to share it with me. I'm thinkin' it was the Moldavian variant of the 'rona. Shoulda got that sixth booster.....
In the words of truth from Nietzche:

"What does not kill us makes us stronger."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the words of Unca from The Olden Days:

There It Is.

Morning misfits. Another wonderful day not to fit in. Ever get the feeling you aren't wanted? My mother always made me feel that way! All I want to do is fit in .... But...

attachment.php
Yup - I took the hint when my brothers and sisters (8 of them) clubbed together and bought me a suitcase for my 21st birthday.
But... I was already prepared - my mother had been wrapping my sandwiches in road maps (remember them?) for several months before that.

Steve after the rain went thru yesterday, the sun came out and it was awesome. Grandkids had a great time and the hot dogs and beer was great.
And we were Texas legal. Had 10 ppl with my Sons and their Wifes,one friend,and my grandchildren.
Nice to hear about yore grandkids.
I only have one - but he's the light of my life - gonna fly out to LA thence Ojai to visit him in a little over 2 weeks.

Families share!! Congratulations on being on the road to recovery brother!

53F @ 87% RH, rain and predicted to reach 59F with good air quality.

Oregon's vaccine mandate went into effect, and a large number of teachers, police, firefighters, and city workers resisting vaccination are now unemployed, some with decades of service.

I got a covid test in preparation for my upcoming surgery Friday to remove my kidney stone and seriously didn't like the swap stuck deep up my nostril and twirled for an extended period of time. I was ready to grab her hand and pull it out when she finally said 3, 2, 1 and pulled it out.

I've actually had both Pfizer shots and the booster, but still had to be tested. I also don't understand why I couldn't have just blown snot all over the swab.

Morning Misfits. 24f this morning. I think spider mite season is over ..... Probably means the flower bed is done as well.

Gonna be a nice day for a walk as soon as it warms up. Thinking I am gonna finish processing the horseradish this afternoon.

@ GW...sure is funny that you have to go through covid testing when vaccinated....when are they gonna tell the public the daumn vaccine doesn't work. @ over $700 a shot I would expect a bit more for my money.

@ GW...sure is funny that you have to go through covid testing when vaccinated....when are they gonna tell the public the daumn vaccine doesn't work. @ over $700 a shot I would expect a bit more for my money.

Not just more from the vaccine, but more for our money period!!

A local issue, but we just sent in $21K for property tax this year and we are protected and grandfathered by Measure 5. One of our unprotected neighbors a couple blocks down paid $40K in property taxes for a $2.7 million house and lot. His protected neighbor across the street paid $26K for a $2.1 million house and property.

You don't buy property here in Portland, you pay a usury price for it up front and then continue to pay abusive usury rent to the city in property taxes, besides our 8.7% to 9.9% income tax. They also repeatedly push for a sales tax. And what are Portlanders getting for their tax money as we speak?????????????

@ GW....holly bejesus.....I thought my property tax was bad....yours is 4x's mine....

And us protected my Measure 5 limiting how fast they can raise our taxes per year based on accessed value and Measure 47 limiting how much they can jack up the assessed value per year.

There is also a movement to nullify Measure 5 and 47 to catch all of us "unfairly grandfathered free loaders" not paying our fair share.

Last edited:
Yup - I took the hint when my brothers and sisters (8 of them) clubbed together and bought me a suitcase for my 21st birthday.
But... I was already prepared - my mother had been wrapping my sandwiches in road maps (remember them?) for several months before that.
My middle initial is "Q". That's becuz when my Daddy walked in just after I was borned... he took one look at me and told my Momma:

"Let's call it quits."

Not just more from the vaccine, but more for our money period!!

A local issue, but we just sent in $21K for property tax this year and we are protected and grandfathered by Measure 5. One of our unprotected neighbors a couple blocks down paid $40K in property taxes for a $2.7 million house and lot. His protected neighbor across the street paid $26K for a $2.1 million house and property.

You don't buy property here in Portland, you pay a usury price for it up front and then continue to pay abusive usury rent to the city in property taxes, besides our 8.7% to 9.9% income tax. They also repeatedly push for a sales tax. And what are Portlanders getting for their tax money as we speak?????????????
If the house was free with no tax, I would just sell f
And us protected my Measure 5 limiting how fast they can raise our taxes per year based on accessed value and Measure 47 limiting how much they can jack up the assessed value per year.

There is also a movement to nullify Measure 5 and 47 to catch all of us "unfairly grandfathered free loaders" not paying our fair share.
If not there, they will get theirs with escalated basis ( person inheriting gets taxed on gain calculated by: price paid way back when, held up to today's value).....can't cough tax up, they take it.

Bubba

Felt so sorry for my poor wife this afternoon. I actually felt good enough to get the front yard mowed before the monsoons roll in tomorrow. Got about done when the Old Hen appears in front of the mower. I kill the PTO and throttle back. I can tell by her face that something's happened. She asks if I can quit mowing and get the four wheeler 'cause she can't find Mickey, her little Shetland Sheepdog. I book it for the barn, fire up the Honda, and off to the back of the ranch I go. Looked up and down for the little creep, made a big circle, and got the idea to check in back of our favorite neighbors place where he and her go everyday for an over the fence chat. Yep, there he is. I scoop his little arse up, plunk him up on the tank, and off to the back end we go. I spot the OH about the same time she spots the dog and me. She falls to her knees, and I can see her shoulders shaking. She's bawling like a baby. I get her calmed down and got 'em both back to the house. Poor thing was so worn out from worry she was almost sick. Thank God/Buddha/FSM for the happy ending.

Happy for you and the wife Hippie. I have been in the same situation. One turned out bad and the other happy. I still want closure on the bad one.....just want to know what happened.

Out for dinner with the neighbors ....we are getting to know each other to well. I am the outlaw and Mrs Pute is the sweet heart of this group....pretty much the norm.

Latest posts

Back