Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Felt so sorry for my poor wife this afternoon. I actually felt good enough to get the front yard mowed before the monsoons roll in tomorrow. Got about done when the Old Hen appears in front of the mower. I kill the PTO and throttle back. I can tell by her face that something's happened. She asks if I can quit mowing and get the four wheeler 'cause she can't find Mickey, her little Shetland Sheepdog. I book it for the barn, fire up the Honda, and off to the back of the ranch I go. Looked up and down for the little creep, made a big circle, and got the idea to check in back of our favorite neighbors place where he and her go everyday for an over the fence chat. Yep, there he is. I scoop his little arse up, plunk him up on the tank, and off to the back end we go. I spot the OH about the same time she spots the dog and me. She falls to her knees, and I can see her shoulders shaking. She's bawling like a baby. I get her calmed down and got 'em both back to the house. Poor thing was so worn out from worry she was almost sick. Thank God/Buddha/FSM for the happy ending.
Tell your wife one of your mean old friends understands and give her a great big hug and kiss from me. I too feel the same way about my dogs.
And I am secure in my manhood to say so to the rest of you's.

If the house was free with no tax, I would just sell f

If not there, they will get theirs with escalated basis ( person inheriting gets taxed on gain calculated by: price paid way back when, held up to today's value).....can't cough tax up, they take it. Bubba

We've discussed selling out and moving, but Grayfox is less enthusiastic about it than me because her friends and family live here. Also not sure where to move that has what we want, without what we don't want, but if Portland continues to slide, we will be reconsidering.

Felt so sorry for my poor wife this afternoon. I actually felt good enough to get the front yard mowed before the monsoons roll in tomorrow. Got about done when the Old Hen appears in front of the mower. I kill the PTO and throttle back. I can tell by her face that something's happened. She asks if I can quit mowing and get the four wheeler 'cause she can't find Mickey, her little Shetland Sheepdog. I book it for the barn, fire up the Honda, and off to the back of the ranch I go. Looked up and down for the little creep, made a big circle, and got the idea to check in back of our favorite neighbors place where he and her go everyday for an over the fence chat. Yep, there he is. I scoop his little arse up, plunk him up on the tank, and off to the back end we go. I spot the OH about the same time she spots the dog and me. She falls to her knees, and I can see her shoulders shaking. She's bawling like a baby. I get her calmed down and got 'em both back to the house. Poor thing was so worn out from worry she was almost sick. Thank God/Buddha/FSM for the happy ending.

Congratulations on finding your pup!!

53F @ 78% RH, partially cloudy and predicted to reach 64F with good air quality.

Two shooting incidents, with three injured and another hit and run. Accuracy getting better and Portland Police Investigative Team state that they are overwhelmed..........

A guy in a Joker mask attempting to hijack cars at a stop light in NW Portland as the a-holes become more brazen because it is unlikely there will be consequences.

A quite day yesterday and an empty calendar today getting ready for surgery tomorrow.

We've discussed selling out and moving, but Grayfox is less enthusiastic about it than me because her friends and family live here. Also not sure where to move that has what we want, without what we don't want, but if Portland continues to slide, we will be reconsidering.

Congratulations on finding your pup!!

53F @ 78% RH, partially cloudy and predicted to reach 64F with good air quality.

Two shooting incidents, with three injured and another hit and run. Accuracy getting better and Portland Police Investigative Team state that they are overwhelmed..........

A guy in a Joker mask attempting to hijack cars at a stop light in NW Portland as the a-holes become more brazen because it is unlikely there will be consequences.

A quite day yesterday and an empty calendar today getting ready for surgery tomorrow.
Good Luck Brother , I will be praying for your speedy recovery

Moving....Denver isn't anywhere near as bad as some blue cities. I have thought hard about moving but my back hurts just thinkiny about it. I love my house...built it from scratch almost 30 years ago.... I have been looking for the perfect house/spot for over a year now and can't find Nervana. Fact is I am to old to take on the stress and effort necessary to do it.

Good Luck Brother , I will be praying for your speedy recovery

Thanks brother, me too!! 17 days trying to pass a kidney stone is long enough.............

Graywolf. Move to Austin Texas. That way you will feel right at home. 😁

I would, but Grayfox wouldn't. She didn't fall in love with Austin when we visited a couple of decades ago.

Moving....Denver isn't anywhere near as bad as some blue cities. I have thought hard about moving but my back hurts just thinkiny about it. I love my house...built it from scratch almost 30 years ago.... I have been looking for the perfect house/spot for over a year now and can't find Nervana. Fact is I am to old to take on the stress and effort necessary to do it.

Probably true with us as well. I'm 78 and Grayfox is 73 years old.

It's TEN times mine.

Sounds like a reasonable tax rate. How does your city get its operating capital??

54F @ 86% RH, Rain with 5 mph winds and predicted to reach 57F with good air quality.

It just gets wilder and wilder here folks! Check out the following link:

https://www.koin.com/news/crime/vide...hit-witnesses/

Douglas County declaring a state of emmergency and asking for the National Guard to address illegal MJ grows and related activities.

https://katu.com/news/local/state-of...douglas-county

A third of Portland International Airport firefighter leave in protest of Oregon vaccination mandate.

https://www.kgw.com/video/news/local...a-e67efa66e3a5

Surgery today to remove the 5mm plus kidney stone that I have been unable to pass, but not from lack of trying for seventeen days.

Thanks brother, me too!! 17 days trying to pass a kidney stone is long enough.............

I would, but Grayfox wouldn't. She didn't fall in love with Austin when we visited a couple of decades ago.

Probably true with us as well. I'm 78 and Grayfox is 73 years old.

Sounds like a reasonable tax rate. How does your city get its operating capital??

54F @ 86% RH, Rain with 5 mph winds and predicted to reach 57F with good air quality.

It just gets wilder and wilder here folks! Check out the following link:

https://www.koin.com/news/crime/vide...hit-witnesses/

Douglas County declaring a state of emmergency and asking for the National Guard to address illegal MJ grows and related activities.

https://katu.com/news/local/state-of...douglas-county

A third of Portland International Airport firefighter leave in protest of Oregon vaccination mandate.

https://www.kgw.com/video/news/local...a-e67efa66e3a5

Surgery today to remove the 5mm plus kidney stone that I have been unable to pass, but not from lack of trying for seventeen days.
May all go smoothly brother.

Bubba

FCU5oTcWQAIyvBV.jpg

Get In...........

May all go smoothly brother. Bubba

Thanks for the good thoughts brother! I had my kidney stone surgery yesterday and am peeing blood and razor blades this morning, but glad to have it over with.

52F @ 91% RH, rain, and predicted to reach 55F with good air quality.

Wowza, a 15 year old, a 17 year old and an 11 year old go on crime spree. Around 2 a.m., they shot up a house and minutes later, they attempted to rob a pedestrian. At 4:31 a.m., a street sign was shot and run over by a car, at 4:58 a.m., they robbed a bicyclist at gunpoint near the 2000 block of Northeast 15th Avenue, which is three blocks from one of our rentals on NE 14th. They then robbed another victim of his vehicle at gunpoint, followed by robbing a pedestrian at gunpoint.

At 7:25 a.m., a pedestrian was robbed at gunpoint, and at 7:39 a.m., a man walking his dog was robbed at gunpoint. When the victim tried to run, the driver hit him with the vehicle. At 7:49 a.m., another pedestrian was robbed, at 9:11 a.m., a woman was chased by a group, including the 11 year old with a gun, at 9:18 a.m. a bicyclist was robbed at gunpoint near, at 12:16 p.m., and then they shot at a pedestrian with no injuries.

900 cars were stolen in Portland last September, and several businesses received bomb threats, attempting to extort from $5K to $20K to not remotely detonate them.

Morning Misfits. Happy Shatterday.

@ Roster.... funny.

@ G W.....thinking about you. Hope all is well.

Gonna be a nice day. So nice thinking a walk is in order. Normally don't walk the lake on weekends but so late in the season that there shouldn't be that many people there today.

I'm getting sick of football....all teams I root for always loose. Last night Colo St lost, Thursday night the Broncos lost. Think I will start watching "Beat Bobby Flay". At least he mostly wins.

Daughter's house needs new windows. Still has the original metal frame builders grade crap....they got a price quote yesterday and shiit their pants..... Thinking I will cover it for them....better I give it to them than have JBiden take it from me on a death tax.

I better go check in on things downstairs.

Todays Oregonian announces Governor Browns plan to parole or commute the sentences of about three quarters of Oregon inmates convicted of violent crimes as juveniles, including murder and rape. Instead of prosecution, Oregon will now focus on social programs promoting crime prevention and rehabilitation.

Todays Oregonian announces Governor Browns plan to parole or commute the sentences of about three quarters of Oregon inmates convicted of violent crimes as juveniles, including murder and rape. Instead of prosecution, Oregon will now focus on social programs promoting crime prevention and rehabilitation.
Having dabbled with criminal defense for the past 31 years, I can tell you that doesnt work. They will have a few "success stories" of either folks that got in enough trouble that some sort of drug/mental health diversion was the only way out, and really didnt have an addiction issue, and know how to play the game or, this is the 9th or 10th time they have "successfully graduated" for the program.

Their main problem is their life view. There focus is many times 15 minutes, MAYBE 1 or 2 years.....That's all they see. If it isnt happening right in front of their face right in that 10 mins to 3 day focus, it doesnt exist. Most successful folks focus is decades of their entire life history. You call on experiences from 10, 20, 30 years ago, and are planning the next how ever many years they have left, not 10 minutes.....much larger focus. The worse they get, the shorter that period is.

Bubba

Latest posts

Back