Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and that is a wrap for the 2021 garden

BA727BFE-5545-4B1D-B745-DD226ADF7061.jpeg
B4B7CF14-3998-4DC0-A82F-8AD6C5173A78.jpeg
BBB1B41E-3FA5-4584-BA99-762FF5EFF05E.jpeg

47F @ 83% RH, mostly cloudy with showers, and predicted to reach 58F.

A local drug bust, where MCSO’s Special Investigation Unit discovered over 6,000 tablets of Xanax, nearly 2,000 tablets of Valium and 150 suspected fentanyl pills. Officials also found 1,000 doses of LSD, three pounds of psilocybin mushrooms, two pounds of marijuana, more than 100 grams of heroin, 80 grams of methamphetamine and various other illicit drugs. A one stop shop.

Multnomah county allocating $38 million for homeless shelters and natural gas prices up 13% this winter for the rest of us taxpayers footing the bills.

The good news is that there were no drive by shootings reported yesterday, mostly fueled by gangs over drugs and human trafficking!

47F @ 83% RH, mostly cloudy with showers, and predicted to reach 58F.

A local drug bust, where MCSO’s Special Investigation Unit discovered over 6,000 tablets of Xanax, nearly 2,000 tablets of Valium and 150 suspected fentanyl pills. Officials also found 1,000 doses of LSD, three pounds of psilocybin mushrooms, two pounds of marijuana, more than 100 grams of heroin, 80 grams of methamphetamine and various other illicit drugs. A one stop shop.

Multnomah county allocating $38 million for homeless shelters and natural gas prices up 13% this winter for the rest of us taxpayers footing the bills.

The good news is that there were no drive by shootings reported yesterday, mostly fueled by gangs over drugs and human trafficking!
Sounds like enough party supplies for a weekend for two!

Thanks for the compassion and good thoughts brother!

Alcohol, tobacco, and pot are the only three drugs that I've really used much of, and fortunately I was able to quit tobacco and moderate drinking after a six year abstinence.

Coke doesn't do much for me and the only speed I tried was cross tops, which didn't do much either. Interestingly the only drug besides cannabis that I really loved was PCP, which was sold to me as THC, but I had it analyzed at the state hospital and once I discovered what it was, flushed it.

All of my experiments with psychedelic's like mescaline, psilocybin and acid fell short of being memorable as well, and opioids have never done much for pain, and even a mild overdose gives me a histamine reaction.

My research into addiction dealing with alcohol suggests that addiction is but a symptom of other underlying issues. A good book on those issues is Adult Children, The Secrets of Dysfunctional Families, by John and Linda Friel.

52F @ 63% RH, raining with 7 mph winds and predicted to reach 57F.

Nineteen weekend shootings in Portland. Business break-ins soar. Four arrest and two cars towed by new Portland street racing enforcement team.

Alas, I spoke too soon, still passing blood but not burning anymore. I will be contacting my Urologists today to discuss a new plan?

Dinner out at a Thai restaurant with oooold friends to celebrate one's 87th birthday. A bonus as he already died once from a heart attack, but was revived.

Driving to Beaverton this morning to seek help from my electronics genius friend assembling the driver for my next acoustical sieving experiment. The receiver/amplifier that I planned to use blew a capacitor and coated everything inside the case with capacitor oil.
You have a interesting story. You definitely need to get with the doctor about pissing blood. I hope you get better soon. 😊. Wow PCP I don’t know many people doing that. I never tried it. I am sober today and have had my demons with being in the hospital and loving it. Back then meds were easier to get. I was already hooked and going to the hospital a lot I got staph infection and they put a picc line in my chest for antibiotics and was sent home. It was all over from there when I discovered I can put other stuff as well. Keep up good work stay clean and definitely see the doctor keep us posted.

Holly crap, I had a tri power on my GTO and it was a nightmare.....went back to a Quadrajet. I could never get everything jetted correctly. When I pulled the plugs some were chocolate and some were black. I actually ran faster with the 4bbl carb and it got me out of a formula 1 class back to F Option...which is bracket racing.

I can see why they were discontinued.

Holly crap, I had a tri power on my GTO and it was a nightmare.....went back to a Quadrajet. I could never get everything jetted correctly. When I pulled the plugs some were chocolate and some were black. I actually ran faster with the 4bbl carb and it got me out of a formula 1 class back to F Option...which is bracket racing.

I can see why they were discontinued.
I had a friend who was the only one I knew could tune it.

You definitely need to get with the doctor about pissing blood. I hope you get better soon.

The doctor told me to expect it following surgery and installation of a stent. If it continues after the second surgery and stent removal, I will get worried.

Wowza! How would you like to adjust, tune and balance those five carbs?

pcp availability was widespread at most agriculture type universities during the 70s .. it is basically animal tranquilizer

A co-worker was foreman of the grand jury investigating drug use in Portland in 1970 and in the 8 years the police had kept records, not once had a substance they confiscated that was supposed to be THC or mescaline ever been so, and was typically acid or PCP, sometimes laced with things like strychnine for more punch. At that time there was also a growing problem with people on PCP having psychotic events, including the erroneous belief that they could fly.

Holly crap, I had a tri power on my GTO and it was a nightmare.....went back to a Quadrajet. I could never get everything jetted correctly. When I pulled the plugs some were chocolate and some were black. I actually ran faster with the 4bbl carb and it got me out of a formula 1 class back to F Option...which is bracket racing. I can see why they were discontinued.

Same with dual 4's. Do any of ya'll remember the spark plugs with a clear insulator body so you could see the color of the flame when the cylinder fired?

I put dual Webbers on a dual port 1600 CC VW that significantly improved lag time and performance, but could never keep it reliably idling, so a stop was a three pedal operation. Left food clutch, toe brake, and heel accelerator.

PCP, or phencyclidine was initially a anesthetic, with some use in childbirth of all things. Obviously, that wasn't such a good idea!

When I was a kid it was a snortable or smokable powder. They called it tick...for THC, which it was sold as a lot.

Now adays, my clients who are on PCP make for some odd cases. They call it wet, and it is a liquid, which they dip cigarettes in and smoke.
They always seem to get caught somewhere naked and crying....very odd.

Bubba

Same with dual 4's. Do any of ya'll remember the spark plugs with a clear insulator body so you could see the color of the flame when the cylinder fired?

I put dual Webbers on a dual port 1600 CC VW that significantly improved lag time and performance, but could never keep it reliably idling, so a stop was a three pedal operation. Left food clutch, toe brake, and heel accelerator.
The 3 foot thing was standard then one on the clutch, other foot sideways heel to brake, toe on gas...
We ran camshafts that would hardly idle, but went nuts over 3000 rpms.

Bubba

Latest posts

Back