Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I liked all the underground comics back then. Death Rattle was excellent. The movie Alien was a direct ripoff of one of their strips. Mr. Natural and the Cheech Wizard were kool, too. Son of God comics were funny as heck. The Salvation Army didn't help the homeless; they hunted them!

Roster is gonna walk.... don't hurt yourself.
mikalai-laskevich-walk.gif

I liked all the underground comics back then. Death Rattle was excellent. The movie Alien was a direct ripoff of one of their strips. Mr. Natural and the Cheech Wizard were kool, too. Son of God comics were funny as heck. The Salvation Army didn't help the homeless; they hunted them!
Let us not forget Zippy the Pinhead....

Oh Dear.

Winter arrived at the Chateau sometime during the night. My Scottish Witch was sooper-snuggling (which is wonderful, BTW) but she wouldn't stay still since there ain't two of me to keep both sides warm.

Got up at 2:00AM, and looked at the A/C setting. Yup. It was at our standard minimum 78F. Which means, of course, that since the INSIDE... OMIGAWD TEMPERATURE WAS 68F, I wuz freezin'.

Curdled my sperm.

So I turned the system to "Heat", pulled up a humongumous quilt Herself had quilted, and buried both of us. Got back up at my usual 5:00AM, and the house temp was a not cozy 70F.

Here I sits, in my writin' chair with a blankie over me while Herself gets some sooper warm extra nonnie-nonnie.

I'm cold. Just checked: outside is mid-50's. Brutal.

I just finished my full quart of John Wayne coffee, and as usual, I feel like Marcel Marceau on crack. Thanks to a bagful of wonderluv, I have a loverly balance between:

1. Explosive nutcase
2. Dreamy introvert

Right at the end of WWII, I was taken to Coney Island. There was a big steel lattice globe, and some guy on a Harley was going around in the globe.

Even did vertical loops. As a little kid, I saw it, and thought it was an everyday thing. Oh... and I watched the parachute jump. It was a real paratroop training thingy, re-purposed to a super-scary "ride". The ride cost 50 cents (way back then!!) <-- Close to $50 today.

I never had anywhere near enough money to take the jump.

TRIVIA: My Unca Harry tole me this... it had him laughing as he told it. He was coming back (late 1945) from being blowed up by a Kraut 88, and he was amazed at the first thing immigrants would see as they approached America for the first time:

It was the Statue of Liberty.

No it wasn't. It was an enormous rotating bagel on Coney Island. 🤷‍♂️ 🙃 🥯

58F @ 90% RH, cloudy with 5mph winds and predicted to reach 61F.

One suspicious person arrest for unauthorized firearms, silencers and a large bag of fake oxycodone pills, but otherwise a quiet Saturday in River City.

Breakfast out with Grayfox and a family friend at Cadillac Café, but didn’t check out the new gym, as I forgot I haven’t been released to drive yet.

More progress on the knee, so that except for stiffness when I first rise, I no longer need a cane to get around the house. My post op appointment with the orthopedic surgeon is this coming Thursday.

My sample kit arrived for a second urine test to see why I continue to get kidney stones. Looking forward to the answer to that puzzlement.

Oh Dear.

Winter arrived at the Chateau sometime during the night. My Scottish Witch was sooper-snuggling (which is wonderful, BTW) but she wouldn't stay still since there ain't two of me to keep both sides warm.

Got up at 2:00AM, and looked at the A/C setting. Yup. It was at our standard minimum 78F. Which means, of course, that since the INSIDE... OMIGAWD TEMPERATURE WAS 68F, I wuz freezin'.

Curdled my sperm.

So I turned the system to "Heat", pulled up a humongumous quilt Herself had quilted, and buried both of us. Got back up at my usual 5:00AM, and the house temp was a not cozy 70F.

Here I sits, in my writin' chair with a blankie over me while Herself gets some sooper warm extra nonnie-nonnie.

I'm cold. Just checked: outside is mid-50's. Brutal.
Ha What happened I have seen your videos from your younger days Man
1341857785_drunk_guy_jumps_in_frozen_lake.gif

Latest posts

Back