Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First time I ever had it was back in '86. The Old Hen and I was driving across alligator alley going from the east side (yuck) to the west side (love it). We pulled the FXST off the side of the road and burned one. Got the munchies, big time. Came across a beaner restaurant in the middle of no where, so we pulled in. Food was great. Wife wanted desert, and I passed. The waitress asked if I'd ever had Key lime pie. I told her no, and the only kind of pie I like is pumpkin. She said, "I'll bring you a slice. If you don't like it, you don't pay a penny."
With a deal like that, I had to try it. Long story short, I happily paid for the pie and got a couple of slices to tuck in the saddle bags for a treat later that night.

First time I ever had it was back in '86. The Old Hen and I was driving across alligator alley going from the east side (yuck) to the west side (love it). We pulled the FXST off the side of the road and burned one. Got the munchies, big time. Came across a beaner restaurant in the middle of no where, so we pulled in. Food was great. Wife wanted desert, and I passed. The waitress asked if I'd ever had Key lime pie. I told her no, and the only kind of pie I like is pumpkin. She said, "I'll bring you a slice. If you don't like it, you don't pay a penny."
With a deal like that, I had to try it. Long story short, I happily paid for the pie and got a couple of slices to tuck in the saddle bags for a treat later that night.
We used to go to the keys and fish for 10 days . When I discovered Stevie T I got pie there every day .When I left someone took a picture of my buddy and I and Stevie . My BIL went to the keys next winter with that picture and gave it to him . In the middle of a snow storm someone called and I answer They said " Whats a fat bastage like you doin at home " I reply "Im getting stoned ,listening to music and eating a sandwich " not knowing who it was . And it was Stevie T and my BIL . A good memory.

I thought of @Hippie420
1646159709279.png

My Mom used to make a killer apple pie growing up with great crust i think crisco. We had apple trees ,plums and pears. We had a peach farm in Mt Sinai which probably employed half my high school . In those days they taught kids how to work. It was hard getting a job because kids wanted to work . Now with the excess of breast feeding till they are 18 they know no such thing .

This was me when I was young and just found out my girlfriends parents were out for the nite and she was home alone . Once I got there I needed slow down a lot for fear of coming as fast as I did going .. Nice to be young and have hair ..

Last edited by a moderator:
Afternoon all. Man this has been a busy day. Wasn't supposed to be. But, just one thing after another. First thing....lots of stuff going on here. Some days are like that. Then my friends came by to get the starts I gift them every spring. That is done for another year. I have another friend stopping by in a few to catch up.

Finally my SIL and daughter are coming by tonight for dinner and to help me hook up my new computer. And on top of all that I threw my back out yesterday so I am hobbling around in pain.....I see a visit to the chiropractor.

I just want to sit a bit.....

Afternoon all. Man this has been a busy day. Wasn't supposed to be. But, just one thing after another. First thing....lots of stuff going on here. Some days are like that. Then my friends came by to get the starts I gift them every spring. That is done for another year. I have another friend stopping by in a few to catch up.

Finally my SIL and daughter are coming by tonight for dinner and to help me hook up my new computer. And on top of all that I threw my back out yesterday so I am hobbling around in pain.....I see a visit to the chiropractor.

feel better!

View attachment 289451 Our beauty of Lake Ronkonkoma would rub your back if your game ..
Is that The Indian Princess that drowns a young man every year ?

• Legend has it that Lake Ronkonkoma is where a Native American princess, Tuskawanta, of the Algonquin, drowns at least one male each year as she seeks her true love. This grim lore is being honored by a new roadside attraction: a 32-foot-tall statue of the Lady of the Lake, carved from a tree with a history perhaps just as impressive.

If your back was half as bad as mine, sitting would make it much worse. Laying is the better option.

If your back was half as bad as mine, sitting would make it much worse. Laying is the better option.
Hippie my back is no where near as bad as you have described yours. I can't imagine the pain you suffer with. I can go and get mine adjusted and be mostly pain free as long as I am careful.

70f here....house is open...damn that is nice. I won't get to excited tho.....more snow this weekend.

Hippie my back is no where near as bad as you have described yours. I can't imagine the pain you suffer with. I can go and get mine adjusted and be mostly pain free as long as I am careful.

70f here....house is open...damn that is nice. I won't get to excited tho.....more snow this weekend.
I understand Back injuries , so I feel bad for all of us that suffer
I had drop foot so bad I damaged my left foots nerves and it burns like some caned me for an hr on the bottom of my left foot.

What does help is home made cannabis creme I make using my outdated weed and roots with coconut oil and a lil this and that
Strong THC rub with the roots Rub it right in the small of your back because that is where the nerve causing the pain starts and runs down the leg
It does work.
Gave a jar to my wifes mom and she is using it on her arthritic hands she loves it works good for her

What does help is home made cannabis creme I make using my outdated weed and roots with coconut oil and a lil this and that
Strong THC rub with the roots Rub it right in the small of your back because that is where the nerve causing the pain starts and runs down the leg
It does work.
Gave a jar to my wifes mom and she is using it on her arthritic hands she loves it works good for her
Recipe?

Is that The Indian Princess that drowns a young man every year ?

• Legend has it that Lake Ronkonkoma is where a Native American princess, Tuskawanta, of the Algonquin, drowns at least one male each year as she seeks her true love. This grim lore is being honored by a new roadside attraction: a 32-foot-tall statue of the Lady of the Lake, carved from a tree with a history perhaps just as impressive.
Spot on ! I really like her for her boobies !

Latest posts

Back