Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My brother called me up one Friday and asked what I was up to Saturday. Said he had just bought a 1100 and something was wrong with it.
Never being the type to turn down a chance to go shooting, we met up at a old derelict farm field a mile from my house. He pulled out the gun, and it was a really nice fancy version 1100. Claimed he couldn't hit a barn from inside with it.
Long story short, we sat up the thrower and loaded three birds in it for a triple. I busted all three on the first try. He jambs it back in the case and says, "Well, I guess it ain't the gun!"
He was used to shooting humpbacks like Brownings. I've always shot roundbacks like my Ithaca 37 pump. Damned if he didn't sell it the next week. I'd bought it in a heartbeat.

My brother called me up one Friday and asked what I was up to Saturday. Said he had just bought a 1100 and something was wrong with it.
Never being the type to turn down a chance to go shooting, we met up at a old derelict farm field a mile from my house. He pulled out the gun, and it was a really nice fancy version 1100. Claimed he couldn't hit a barn from inside with it.
Long story short, we sat up the thrower and loaded three birds in it for a triple. I busted all three on the first try. He jambs it back in the case and says, "Well, I guess it ain't the gun!"
He was used to shooting humpbacks like Brownings. I've always shot roundbacks like my Ithaca 37 pump. Damned if he didn't sell it the next week. I'd bought it in a heartbeat.
My first shotgun was a Savage single 12 with full choke and my second one was a Remington Model 11, based on the Browning patent. Dad shot an 1100 and taught me to shoot trap with it.

Yeah, but it fits here on the Island, too.
I had a model 11 and never shot it. Took it in on a trade and sold it to a buddy of mine. Also had a Remington made Browning auto 12 gauge. I guess during the war, Remington made 'em 'cause Belgum wasn't sending any guns to the enemy (us). The guy it came from found it in his MIL's basement. She didn't know where it came from and gave it to him. He didn't "like" guns and offered it to me for $150. I sold it a few months later for double what I paid.

FB_IMG_1646760618983.jpg

when I was practicing to be a medic , the head nurse told me to go into room 9 and prick this patients large boil

being dyslexic , I chased him down three hallways with a boiling pot of water but I never caught him

I'm a Virgo, but was wondering the same thing.......................
Me too, on both counts.

Glad to see troops kept the good ship standing tall in Bristol fashion.

Back home, safe and sound. Got a much better buzz than I deserve, but I'm going for more, weed wise.

Where's Walt?

Latest posts

Back