Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of beer in 1978 I worked for a electrical contractor who had a customer named Hans Holterbosch, the first importer of Lowenbrau beer. His main house was 76 rooms his quest house was 80. He had over 50 cars in various garages and 1 full time mechanic . His caretakers house was 4500 sq ft. Some where in life there is a picture of me squeezed into one of his cars ( a Ferrari ) He had over 20k of different fuels in the ground . He lived in Cove Neck where Avianca plane 52 came down ..
I liked hippy's story better. It had dog butte licking. 😋.

Bubba

Morning Island of Misfits woke up early this morning. I'll be working on the grow room today.

I can't remember my early beer I drank but I do remember my Strawberry Hill wine. Bought cases of it for the weekend. (1971) That is when my party times start. Hippy Days
1647163739007.png

Morning folks
Damnt I am an hour late waking up and taking my medicine. Fking tricky bastards changed time on me. Lost a hour but I like this time better.
Now I gotta wait an hour fore I can eat or drink my decaf coffee.🤪

Morning folks
Damnt I am an hour late waking up and taking my medicine. Fking tricky bastards changed time on me. Lost a hour but I like this time better.
Now I gotta wait an hour fore I can eat or drink my decaf coffee.🤪
Morning ! sounds like thyroid meds ,my honey has to take it and a hour later have coffee.. I stay OUT of the way ,safer ,less blood shed cuts down the number of times I have to call the cops for protection ..

good luck growing peaches this far south walt, I've never had good luck growing them...still feelin puny, gonna take the pooch for a walkaround...

We had good luck with peaches in the south-central part of Oklahoma. Also apples, pears, and cherries.

Hope you get to feeling better brother. Sharing a walk with the pup usually makes me feel better and improves my outlook.

The first time I tasted an IPA, Bells Two hearted ale, I described as tasting like sour dish sponge. As I delved deeper into craft brews I finally developed the tase\te for them and they became my favorite. Towards the end of my drinking career, I started liking pale ales and stouts. Bubba

My tastes evolved too. I started with Schlitz but didn't drink much until my late 20's when I drank a lot of Michelob, then Heineken, followed by Modelo Negra, and was at Black Butte Porter when I mostly quit drinking beer to control my waistline. We have a lot of local craft beers that aided in the evolution of my tastes in beer, especially the local bock beers at October Fest.

So, before you forget, set your clocks ahead an hour if'n yer in that Eastern Daylight crap like I am. Takes me a week or two to adjust to the crap.

Ha, ha, the jokes is on Miss Layla who doesn't understand daylight savings time and let me sleep in an hour later.

44F @ 86% RH, rain with 9 mph wind, and predicted to rise to 51F.

Got my wiring run and everything installed but two lights. I picked them up at Home Depot and when I opened the box I discovered they were pieces of crap plastic and not even grounded. I picked up a couple grounded porcelain fixtures at the local hardware store and will install them today.

Miss Layla scored 10 balls from the park tennis court yesterday for her pals at the Humane Society. Got two big grocery bags of tennis balls and about a half a bag of mixed balls from the park since our last delivery to the pups Christmas.

they sure don’t make appliances like they used to

fridges , washers , dryers , only seem to last 5 years if yer lucky…seems that way

but yeah , I’ve seen some old Frigidaires still going after 50 years

same with old Maytags

i think they were all made in america by our moms and dads

View attachment 290331

View attachment 290332
I have a friend,a great guy ,armed and prepared .He has a fire extigisher like that filled with water boiled in with hot peppers pressurized. Think it more like crowd control. He has 2 sons ,one a DR. who grew up taught on how to do things or else .His other son just got into local 25 electrical union and was taught how to work like we did . That kid can call the pants off of ducks and geese hunting . If he can see it he can hit it !

No ,I just finished whacking off.....zzzzzzz
you get energetic at nite I see!
Yep. I take Levothyroxine. Usually I take it at 430 or 5am. Time thing threw me off because I don't use an alarm. My eyes usually open an that time all on there on
She takes original ,the substituent does not agree with her .

Slab crappie were caught. (5) Going back this evening. Will leave a little early to try to get the good spot. A couple that I've fished with there before, beat me there by 10 minutes. We fish off a bridge. So first one there gets the spot. I didn't bring my keeper bucket. So I gave my fish to them. I think they took home about 20 slabs. We started catching them so fast I lost count. The bite starts at dark thirty. 30 min before sunset to 30 min after sunset.

Another cup O sludge then restring 2 poles....

catch.jpg

Latest posts

Back