Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was a boo-boo that I highlighted. There are 31 grams in a TROY ounce. Gold, he done be measured in Troy ounces.

This guy did all his math (correctly) using AVOIRDUPOIS ounces.

But it don't make.

Ounce/schmounce what is important is that if you want to buy an ounce/schmounce I doan givvashit what math you use, you are gonna pay 30% more if you pay in anything but Rubles.

LATE EDIT ADD: I notice on the OP that they also detected the inches/meters error I pointed out above. They CLAIM they fixed the numbers... They din'.

Don't make: The dollar is in trubble. All over the world as you read this.
Oops! My bad. Like I said, I get the gist. If things REALLY get bad, gold ain't gonna cut it 'til the shooting stops. Guns, ammo, primers, lead, and powder are going to be in big demand.

I will re-do the math using the right weight system to see how much the numbers change:

1 Troy Oz = 31g.

1g Gold = 5000 rubles

31g Gold = 155,000 rubles <-- He came up with 140,000 rubles (so it is worse for USD)

1 ruble = 1 cent US. <-- True dat. o_O

Therefore, one ounce of gold is RUB1550 and USD1550. <-- Period. Dead Stop. Machine Shut-down.

DO NOT LOOK FOR IT TO RISE ON THE GOLD MARKET.

Wait... just thought of it: WHAT "gold market"? The gold market will only last as long as it takes people to learn what yer Unca has shown you this moanin'.

NOBODY -- unless ignorant of this morning's development will buy gold at $1937 (spot price this very minute) if they can buy it for $1550 !!!

Sumbody smarter than me -- please figger out what this means to all those "gold owners" that have their gold stored and re-re-re-re-hypothecated by the banksters?

How about the COMEX?

Did the math, finally: $1550 (permanent price) is an increase of $387 equals exactly a 25% difference to the customer at $1937

If the customer (Indian, Canadian, American, Inuit) is going to make a gold purchase, what percentage of them would choose to pay $387 more to buy it in USD?

Ya think a lotsa people are gonna dump their dollars while they can? Even at a loss?

Yup.

I hear Bolivars blowin' in the wind...

Last edited:
There was a boo-boo that I highlighted. There are 31 grams in a TROY ounce. Gold, he done be measured in Troy ounces.

This guy did all his math (correctly) using AVOIRDUPOIS ounces.

But it don't make.

Ounce/schmounce what is important is that if you want to buy an ounce/schmounce I doan givvashit what math you use, you are gonna pay 30% more if you pay in anything but Rubles.

LATE EDIT ADD: I notice on the OP that they also detected the inches/meters error I pointed out above. They CLAIM they fixed the numbers... They din'.

Don't make: The dollar is in trubble. All over the world as you read this.
What keeps Russia from bankrupting if Ruple holders demand it be redeemed in gold??

What keeps Russia from bankrupting if Ruble holders demand it be redeemed in gold??
They give them gold for their rubles.

If you are lookin' for the hook, the catch, the "awwshit", bit. I put it up before, but nobody caught it:

5000 rubles = 1gram

That it matches the USD is either the world's greatest coincidence, or Putin took advantage of a blip in time.

1 USD = 100 Rubles <-- How convenient.

Now let us say Putin got up one morning, and saw that a lot of wiseasses were demanding their dinky bit of gold... or even their great big bit-chin truckload of gold...

"Awright. Here's the morning report: As of this morning, 1 gram of gold is absolutely equal to... oh, I dunno... say ten, yeah, ten rubles. Bring 'em in, get your gold."

Any number between 5000 and 10 can be instituted. Of course I exaggerate with the 10 number, but only to prove the point and make it obvious who now has the new Reserve Currency.

Last edited:
Just thought of sumpin' else... Putin's system will be kinda shock-proof, since he can set to ruble value at any number relative to gold.

Big run on gold stores? Lower the ruble value. Raise it right back up later. Normal gold trading will not have an effect on the ruble.

It is the re-re {infinity symbol} -hypothecated gold that gets it in the hiney. Folks are gonna want gold or "money"<-- And pretty much in a fargin hurry, you might imagine.

Just thought of sumpin' else... Putin's system will be kinda shock-proof, since he can set to ruble value at any number relative to gold.

Big run on gold stores? Lower the ruble value. Raise it right back up later. Normal gold trading will not have an effect on the ruble.

It is the re-re {infinity symbol} -hypothecated gold that gets it in the hiney. Folks are gonna want gold or "money"<-- And pretty much in a fargin hurry, you might imagine.

with this latest news , one would think the current price of gold would go up , right?

what am I missing?

gold is down today - $19.60 at $1938.80 an ounce

Make sure if you do buy gold that it isn't traceable to you. If the powers that be in our government decide to take a lesson from Ivan and go back on the gold standard, they'll do what they did before; outlaw the private ownership of gold. Focked again, huh?

Make sure if you do buy gold that it isn't traceable to you. If the powers that be in our government decide to take a lesson from Ivan and go back on the gold standard, they'll do what they did before; outlaw the private ownership of gold. Focked again, huh?
Im going to wait and when weed is more valuable than gold I will barter with the Gold Hoarders for my wares . In a few yrs when the world gets its head on straight again I will sell all of it.
Oh and if we go to Nuclear Games I live so close to a major strike point All the Gold in the world will not save me , Have you seen how fast a Hypersonic weapon can travel now.

Last edited:
with this latest news , one would think the current price of gold would go up , right?

what am I missing?

gold is down today - $19.60 at $1938.80 an ounce

Jeez, Big -- Gold ain't gonna go UP. Why the heck should it? You can buy gold right now at the equivalent of $1550 instead of $1922... just use rubles.

Ain't got no rubles? Guess whut -- since the dollar is tanking in value, and you can still change it for rubles... which you can use to buy gold at the set gold price of 5000Rub per gram... which works out nearly $400 cheaper per ounce that using USD.

Of course the price cannot go up: That would require that there are a lotta people with USD's to burn on gold who are not paying any attention to the gold news.

Enough folks are seemingly paying attention, since gold has dropped from $1938 to $1922 since you entered your post above... ;)

But the REAL price of gold for Americans right now is $1550 USD plus the vigorish difference for trading USD in for Rubles. Back in December 2012, Mastercard did it for 1% of the transaction. <-- Dunno what it is now, but the cut will possibly be a tad larger.
https://www.lietaer.com/2021/12/how-much-is-the-mastercard-convert-currency-of-rubles/As long as it does not reach 25%, you are ahead in buying gold in rubles.

Last edited:
Gold will have no value
1648504972235.png

Morning Misfits. Gonna get close to 70f today. Now I have to figure out what to do with it. No wind....so far.

Chocolate cake for breakfast....I don't eat chocolate cake for dessert. Come to think of it I rarely have dessert. Bad habit IMO.

Just saw on the news that the city is not allowing any new grass to be planted.... including golf courses and lawns. Also incentivizing people to zeroscape existing lawns. Fk that! I love my lawn in the summer and I won't give it up.

View attachment 291126
Let me guess if your in the US gotta be California no planting grass that's ridiculous but most of the state is no offense...what about all the new homes being built over there astro turf yards I guess and then charge a million dollars for it lol

Latest posts

Back