Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My new cane.

FB_IMG_1648519568762.jpg

I gotta quote myself:

Of course the price cannot go up: That would require that there are a lotta people with USD's to burn on gold who are not paying any attention to the gold news.

While the price hit $1910 this morning, I just thought of a very likely scenario going on right now all over the place:

You live in Upstate New York. You are not stinking rich, but you're in good shape. You have $200K in the bank. You are aware that is a losing position.

How much hassle is it to get the gold IN HAND if you trade in your $200K for rubles, then buy Roosian gold at $1550/oz?

Hmm... daunting fargin question, eh wot?

Sooo... Joe Double-Six-Pack takes his USD and buys gold on the market where he should take delivery upon payment.

It is what I would do. Just imagine the fuckery our gummint would make out of somebody doing a (legal) Goldfinger. It is easier and safer to go to your LCD and transfer your USD into something real

He will get 104 Oz of gold for the $200K right now with the spot at $1912.

The Russian deal would (at 1550Rub) get him 129 Oz of gold. <-- And all the hassle comes with it. The Big Dogs will most ricky-tick go thataway, changing millions. I dunno any big dogs here...

All this adds up to the unknown factor of re-hypothecated gold:

Given the cultural bias of MOST people that the dollar is the dollar and always MUST BE the dollar... and therefore, while it turns into Bolivars and Lira, they confidently buy "gold" that they do not get to hold in their hands.

That can, and probably will hold this huge stack of cards up -- or even higher. For a while. It will just make the crash that much more damaging.

Last edited:
I gotta quote myself:

While the price hit $1910 this morning, I just thought of a very likely scenario going on right now all over the place:

You live in Upstate New York. You are not stinking rich, but you're in good shape. You have $200K in the bank. You are aware that is a losing position.

How much hassle is it to get the gold IN HAND if you trade in your $200K for rubles, then buy Roosian gold at $1550/oz?

Sooo... Joe Double-Six-Pack takes his USD and buys gold on the market where he should take delivery upon payment.

It is what I would do. Just imagine the fuckery our gummint would make out of somebody doing a (legal) Goldfinger. It is easier and safer to go to your LCD and transfer your USD into something real

The Russian deal would (at 1550Rub) get him 129 Oz of gold. <-- And all the hassle comes with it. The Big Dogs will most ricky-tick go thataway, changing millions. I dunno any big dogs here...

Given the cultural bias of MOST people that the dollar is the dollar and always MUST BE the dollar... and therefore, while it turns into Bolivars and Lira, they confidently buy "gold" that they do not get to hold in their hands.

That can, and probably will hold this huge stack of cards up -- or even higher. For a while. It will just make the crash that much more damaging.

I have not researched how to exchange my dollars for rubles …I would imagine that there is some exchange rate fees?

and once I convert dollars into rubles , where do I buy the gold , is there a local dealer in Moscow who would mail me my gold?….shipping charges?….and what about premiums?…nobody I know sales gold at spot unless it’s paydirt that I have to pan

what am I missing here?

I gotta quote myself:

I see you are on a roll again this morning unca. Remember to take the morning medicine. breath in, hold it just a sec then let out more than you took in to get rid of negative energy… 🧘‍♀️ 🥰

I have not researched how to exchange my dollars for rubles …I would imagine that there is some exchange rate fees?

and once I convert dollars into rubles , where do I buy the gold , is there a local dealer in Moscow who would mail me my gold?….shipping charges?….and what about premiums?…nobody I know sales gold at spot unless it’s paydirt that I have to pan

what am I missing here?
Sounds scary to me. To much debaculary in the world fit me to feel comfortable doing something like that.

I gotta quote myself:

May 1, 1933 – President Roosevelt's Executive Order 6102 required U.S. citizens to deliver on or before May 1, 1933, all but a small amount of gold coin, gold bullion, and gold certificates owned by them to the Federal Reserve, in exchange for $20.67 per troy ounce. Under the Trading With the Enemy Act of October 6, 1917, as amended on March 9, 1933, violation of the order was punishable by fine up to $10,000 ($167,700 if adjusted for inflation as of 2010) or up to ten years in prison, or both. An exception to the order was listed in section 2 (b) “Gold coin and gold certificates in an amount not exceeding in the aggregate $100 belonging to any one person; and gold coins having a recognized special value to collectors of rare and unusual coins.”

You really don't think it could happen again? History has been known to repeat itself.

May 1, 1933 – President Roosevelt's Executive Order 6102 required U.S. citizens to deliver on or before May 1, 1933, all but a small amount of gold coin, gold bullion, and gold certificates owned by them to the Federal Reserve, in exchange for $20.67 per troy ounce. Under the Trading With the Enemy Act of October 6, 1917, as amended on March 9, 1933, violation of the order was punishable by fine up to $10,000 ($167,700 if adjusted for inflation as of 2010) or up to ten years in prison, or both. An exception to the order was listed in section 2 (b) “Gold coin and gold certificates in an amount not exceeding in the aggregate $100 belonging to any one person; and gold coins having a recognized special value to collectors of rare and unusual coins.”

You really don't think it could happen again? History has been known to repeat itself.
The answer to that one has been hashed out ad infinitum in the gold bug sites on the net.

The near-consesus is that you cannot take a virgin's cherry twice.

The gold was stolen in violation of the Constitution, and then... in violation of decency, the price of gold was fixed at $35/oz. by the same DC bastards that made gold illegal to hold.

I have been stacking for a long time, but I have lost the damn' map. Somewhere near the Beale Cipher area.

Latest posts

Back