Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can bypass switch with a jumper wire. Cross the 2 wires. If clutch kicks in it's the switch.

If the a/c comp is on the bottom of engine check the belt. They are nortorious for breaking.

Roster. There are so many things that can go wrong with AC.
Is the compressor clutch kicking in and running steady and its not cooling or is it kicking on and off .
It seems to be trying like low pressure in system then kicks off
other times it is not even sounding like the compressor is working
It sat over the winter as my second emergency vehicle, (started and driven 1-2 months every so often) (just never used AC in winter)

I just had to replace my whole unit. Of
Course it was 18yrs old. And the pressure switch on mine was toast and so was the compressor.
I hear that I am at 18yrs on this truck also
The system is holding R134a but not getting cold at all , just the pipe right above the accumulator unit and no where else. Weird

Same thing happen to me. 1st it blew the bottom ac hose and when i took it in he showed me all the metal in the filter and the screwed up pressure switch. Cost me 800 bucks. Now i have cold air.

Morning Folks, right back brother
When I was a young Lad, Dad would come home and say "Turn that Idiot Box Off" I never really understood what he meant at the time. But as yrs went by and I could start to see how "they" the TV stations used the devise to help control the Masses, and keep people in general stupid, and mis informed .
But I did Love The Star Trek shows he allowed me to watch LOL.
i'm a trekkie as well, all of them but did loose interest in deep space 9 after a couple seasons. i used to love saturday morning cartoons as a kid. i'll be 60 in march and still watch cartoons. can't stand to watch the news.
POPCORN
I was so saddened by your demise
I miss you
did i miss something about my brother boo?

Last edited:
Giggy, I have no idea what you all are talking about. If it don't blow cold.....take it to the "Guy".

Roster, post all you want. There is no limit here on posting. Appreciate your input.

attachment.php

Morning Folks, right back brother
When I was a young Lad, Dad would come home and say "Turn that Idiot Box Off" I never really understood what he meant at the time. But as yrs went by and I could start to see how "they" the TV stations used the devise to help control the Masses, and keep people in general stupid, and mis informed .
But I did Love The Star Trek shows he allowed me to watch LOL.
Never watched much star trek but do watch some sifi. More nature and history. Most of the time i like being outdoors.

i'm a trekkie as well, all of them but did loose interest in deep space 9 after a couple seasons. i used to love saturday morning cartoons as a kid. i'll be 60 in march and still watch cartoons. can't stand to watch the news.

did i miss something about my brother boo?
The Real Popcorn did suicide when they where about to send him to Prison.
So Darn sad, the Bastards drove him to it.

You can bypass switch with a jumper wire. Cross the 2 wires. If clutch kicks in it's the switch.

If the a/c comp is on the bottom of engine check the belt. They are nortorious for breaking.
May be the switch, seems like clutch is trying to kick in , but now I need to balance the r134 again
I let some escape by accident
when I jump the pressure switch with paperclip the top lower pressure tube gets frosty Ice on it, but no cool air out blowers at all
Very weird

Latest posts

Back