Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ain't sure about Floridah, but in Michigan, that's a no-no. You can shoot 'em, you can trap and kill them, but according to the DNR, you can't catch them and transport them to release in another location.
Don't shoot the messenger. Yell at the DNR.
I never paid much attention to them.
True and there is a good reason. It is a death sentence to transport a wild animal from it area it lives. Just shoot it so it doesn't starve. I can't shoot them either or deer. Humans are the only animal that blushes, or has any need to. Stolen from Mark Twain!!!

Bubba

My step father got caught doing this. On top of that he would paint their tails blue to see if they came back. He didn’t have to pay a fine just got a talking to.😂
I can assure you, they didn't come back. They were now dead. I won't say what I would do to someone I caught doing that, it would not be pretty.

Bubba

I trap rats in the barn and shoot the tree rats...Found a nest inside one of the buildings just yesterday, tree rats got into the soffit and made a home...filthy disease carrying vermin...hug 'em all you want or send them here to find justice... ;)
If they are a nusiance causing property damage, by all means kill them. Transporting them is a starvation thing. Shoot them outright. And for gods sake don't paint them. They will also chew your electricals. I had them in a wall many years ago. I figured it was a raccoon by the racket it was making, but it was a squirrel. They had got in through a hole in the soffit, just like you. They didn't get a chance to nest. They were dealt with harshly, holes mended problem solved. I don't know if they have fleas, but if they do all sorts of disease can be transmitted.

Bubba

I can assure you, they didn't come back. They were now dead. I won't say what I would do to someone I caught doing that, it would not be pretty.

Bubba
He and I never hit it off. he and I always argued. He has passed on now. This was one of the arguments we had. he asked me to leave his house that day…

Last edited:
I trap rats in the barn and shoot the tree rats...Found a nest inside one of the buildings just yesterday, tree rats got into the soffit and made a home...filthy disease carrying vermin...hug 'em all you want or send them here to find justice... ;)
My neighbor shoots them with a pellet gun. I see one now and then with an injury. I can’t help but love the squirrels. I feed them apples on my window so my cats will be entertained during the day

True and there is a good reason. It is a death sentence to transport a wild animal from it area it lives. Just shoot it so it doesn't starve. I can't shoot them either or deer. Humans are the only animal that blushes, or has any need to. Stolen from Mark Twain!!!

Bubba
True dat. I didn't know it at the time, so I borrowed a Hav-a-Hart trap and put it outside. I have the pic somewhere of the poor raccoon looking up at me from behind bars with such a sorry look, my heart broke...

...My plans to take him 20 miles and release him evaporated like a politician's promise. I carried the trap to the edge of the woods at my property line and let him go.

His name is Absolute Unit. Now he looks like this:
1654943111291.jpeg

If they are a nusiance causing property damage, by all means kill them.
Bubba
To complete the picture: I DID have "house trouble" with a squirrel a couple of years ago. Had to stuff steel wool coated with glue up under the tricky overhang the beast had chosen.

I hung out a sign written in squirrel: "If that happens again, you all die."

I am getting too dang old to be climbing around on roofs (the squirrel entrance was unreachable by ladder -- only by hanging over a corner and reaching under.)

I've got a Red Ryder with a scope. I pop them in the ass and they bark, jump, and haul ass. Think they know that if I don't get them my crazy ass dog will tear their ass up. He has caught several and it doesn't go well for them. I have to make him let them go before he kills them. I've seen that crazy ass dog jump almost six feet to the top of my fence trying to knock them off of it. Now believe it or not they hardly ever get in my yard.
Don't know if it's because of the BB in the ass or the crazy fking dog.😂😂😂

True dat. I didn't know it at the time, so I borrowed a Hav-a-Hart trap and put it outside. I have the pic somewhere of the poor raccoon looking up at me from behind bars with such a sorry look, my heart broke...

...My plans to take him 20 miles and release him evaporated like a politician's promise. I carried the trap to the edge of the woods at my property line and let him go.

His name is Absolute Unit. Now he looks like this:
View attachment 299919
My goodness he’s a real porker ain’t he

Morning misfits... mega humid days ahead. Indexes over 100f. It wouldn't be so bad, if shorts could be worn. With all the rain the blood sucking skeeterzzz are coming out on mass. Kevlar needs to be warn and must carry a shotgun.....

Don't see to many squirrels around here till fall when the pecans are ready. You city folk need to be feeding them to fatten them up. Soon that's all the protein you will be able to afford.

gross-but-funny_o_615233.jpg

Doesn't look as deep on the left, does it?

I've got a Red Ryder with a scope. I pop them in the ass and they bark, jump, and haul ass. Think they know that if I don't get them my crazy ass dog will tear their ass up. He has caught several and it doesn't go well for them. I have to make him let them go before he kills them. I've seen that crazy ass dog jump almost six feet to the top of my fence trying to knock them off of it. Now believe it or not they hardly ever get in my yard.
Don't know if it's because of the BB in the ass or the crazy fking dog.😂😂😂

My guess is both.............

Gooode morning misfit sisters and brothers. Yet another gorgeous rainy day in Paradise today. Starting at 58F @ 95% RH, and predicted to reach 64F.

The candied orange peel turned out well and made a nice garnish for the Creme Brule. Lots left over from two oranges for other taste experiments.

Hee, hee, hee, snicker, snark, snort! The cleaning ladies had just left, so the house sparkled when Graywolf and her girlfriend arrived back from the Ashland Shakespearian Festival, and I gave her girlfriend just enough Creme Brule and candied orange peel for one, to take home with her and start her wondering what her hubby did special for her while she was gone.

Knowing him as I do, I'm guessing the house is a mess, the pooches haven't been exercised or cleaned up after in the yard, he spent all his time out with the boys, and he is an arrogant lad, who creamed me at 8 ball last time, so he deserves a little heat.

I didn't make it to pick up the gate materials because I couldn't find my roll of parachute cord to strap it to the Jeeps roof rack and it was raining most of the day, so I didn't want to drive with lumber sticking out windows or tail gate. I'll take another run at that today.

Latest posts

Back