Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmmm, tincture walt...refresh my memory...musta slipped my mind or at least the space it used to occupy...:rolleyes:

mornin brother giggy, I'm heading out to slay the back 40's pasture, the crows are kicking up a storm...gonna take the 59 el camino out for a spin today...
From the Destructions:

Has 190 proof alcohol -- take care. @600 drops in a one oz bottle. About 2 mo. supply. Take with anything BUT alcohol.

C&P:
"Begin dosing at 5-10 drops and increase dosage until you sleep peacefully and restfully through the night without any lingering feelings or grogginess."

Someone here is sure to know everything about the tincture.

From the Destructions:

Has 190 proof alcohol -- take care. @600 drops in a one oz bottle. About 2 mo. supply. Take with anything BUT alcohol.

C&P:
"Begin dosing at 5-10 drops and increase dosage until you sleep peacefully and restfully through the night without any lingering feelings or grogginess."

Someone here is sure to know everything about the tincture.
Walt
It depends on how much herb you add to the Everclear 190
My good friend has many ways to make it, The cold method is best .
The EC190 (alcohol) stripes the THC from decarbed bud, (bud has to be decarbed 1st)
You can reduce the liquid tincture down to the potency you want there by less alcohol to consume.

Walt
It depends on how much herb you add to the Everclear 190
My good friend has many ways to make it, The cold method is best .
The EC190 (alcohol) stripes the THC from decarbed bud, (bud has to be decarbed 1st)
You can reduce the liquid tincture down to the potency you want there by less alcohol to consume.

I know nuthin' more than whut I wuz told in the Instruction Sheet. As usual. ;) It was gifted to me.

I never even heard of "decarbonization" until this morning. much less the "cold method". 🤷‍♂️

I retain the rank of absolute ignertz about all this stuff.

But the alcohol content is, naturally, just a tiny-teeny bit. Like a coupla drops in a glass of juice or water. Just don't light up your blunt while spilling the bottle. Oh... and you must not drink alcohol before bedtime if you are taking the tincture.

Boo -- See if you can get someone to send you some.

Last edited:
I know nuthin' more than whut I wuz told in the Instruction Sheet. As usual. ;) It was gifted to me.

I never even heard of "decarbonization" until this morning. much less the "cold method". 🤷‍♂️

I retain the rank of absolute ignertz about all this stuff.

Unca
Makes a Nice Sleep Aid for sure, you need a good couchloc indica strain (mellow not speedy or uppy)
it will be good as sleep aid, I have made some in the past where I would do a few drops up to full dropper .
Depends on weed used strength and how much the alcohol liquid has been evacporated off as to the number of drops needed. There are forumlas avail on how to figure the THC levels in final product (close to ).
Need a real lab to test and be exact on the true numbers.
I have not made any in quite some time, but now I should, I used all my Everclear 190 on making Coid killer sprays for Family.

Unca
Makes a Nice Sleep Aid for sure, you need a good couchloc indica strain (mellow not speedy or uppy)
it will be good as sleep aid, I have made some in the past where I would do a few drops up to full dropper .
Depends on weed used strength and how much the alcohol liquid has been evacporated off as to the number of drops needed. There are forumlas avail on how to figure the THC levels in final product (close to ).
Need a real lab to test and be exact on the true numbers.
I have not made any in quite some time, but now I should, I used all my Everclear 190 on making Coid killer sprays for Family.

Good morning fellas

for Sir Walter of Unca

Basic Understanding of Decarboxylation of cannabis

i would change the temperature of the overnight to 225-230 degrees for 25-30 minutes , not one hour...

Understanding the science behind decarboxylation of cannabis

Good morning fellas

for Sir Walter of Unca

Basic Understanding of Decarboxylation of cannabis

i would change the temperature of the overnight to 225-230 degrees for 25-30 minutes , not one hour...

Understanding the science behind decarboxylation of cannabis

@bigsur51
Having worked and made many tinctures the ideal Decarb temp is 240F for 40 mins warm oven using calabrated oven thermo (inside hang from rack
Image result for hanging oven thermo

My friend has done yrs of study and many oaid lab tests with documented results on another sight.
He has an index of his project I can steer you to.
He has shown using the 240F for 40mins (for herb not hash ) is best for full conversion from THCA to THC.
(this is what happens during decarb) and THC is formed just as if done with heat in a burning joint or pipe.

But there are many methods to do so

@Unca Walt

Read through its easy to do

Green/Gold Dragon Recipe
:hello:

DECARBOXYLATION:

Bake 7g herbs @ 240F for 40 minutes. New data: If using seeded pot, cleaned weight should equal 7 grams.

FREEZE:
Place the decarbed 7g herbs in sealed Mason jar into the freezer for 24 hours.
Also place a pint of Everclear or other 190+ proof alcohol in freezer for 24 hours.
After 24 hours add 90ml/3fl oz to a Mason jar with herbals. Shake aggressively for 5 minutes.
Place back in freezer for 2 hours and then shake again for another 5 minutes.

1. Using a mesh coffee filter or cheesecloth, clean t-shirt, pantyhose or other fine weave, clean material, place in or line a funnel and pour the solution through it into a clean container and press using a silicone spatula or other utensil. Place the pressed plant material back into the jar for a rinse with fresh, cold alcohol. The jar of material does not have to go back into the freezer. After straining through the initial filter, set it aside until the 2nd run, the rinse, is complete.

2). The 2nd run can be done with no further waiting since it is only a rinse but my test studies have shown that you increase your potency by 25-30%. Using 3fl oz of fresh, freezing cold alcohol, pour it into the jar of material and shake for five minutes. Strain your material as well as possible then add the alcohol solution to the first run solution.

If you don't have a mesh coffee filter or a way to press it, place a square of cheesecloth or other material over your fresh container, being sure to allow enough on each side to fold over the ball. After you've strained the weed, you can dispose of the leftovers as you see fit. If you don't have a press, cut the cheesecloth large enough so that you can pull the corners together and use a wooden spoon handle to wrap them around and then twist. You don't have to squeeze like crazy because the alcohol drains well.

3. Place a paper coffee filter in a funnel or other setup. There are examples in the video and picture guides. Pour your solution into the filter until it's full. Keep filling it until it all filters through. You might have to move the filter around to find fresh spots in the filters. Those husks really gum it up but it's worth the time. You'll get a nice clear Green/Gold Dragon. Of course, you can always filter it again if you're a perfectionist.

REDUCE

Now we're ready for the main event, concentrating the extraction by reduction of the alcohol.

1. Set up your double boiler configuration away from flame or other open heat sources. Use a fan for ventilation. If using an electric range, be sure your vent fan is on high. The more ventilation the better. While there won't be the concentration of vapors there would be for larger quantities, there's still enough to cause a flash fire if not careful.

2. Have the heat source for your double boilers at a level that causes a gentle boil in the water. If you're using a crockpot where the water may not boil, just put it as high as you can. If you use an electric rice cooker that only has one temperature, just keep an eye on it so it doesn't go beyond the desired level. If you don't have a double boiler set up, air evaporation will work, just slower

* If at all possible, your upper chamber(bowl) of the double bowler should fit snuggly in the lower portion a few inches above the water line. This is to prevent loss of steam and therefore water. If it's a loose fit, keep an eye on the water level and add more as needed.

3. Measure your combined haul from both runs. If you don't have a measuring device, you can mark a spot halfway down your jar and use that as your guide. As your tincture reduces, you can keep track of the level easier.

4. Add your dilute GD to the upper chamber/water bath and reduce it by half of the recovered volume. Up to 1/2 ounce will be lost with each run due to absorption and loss. Alcohol boils at a much lower temperature than water and thus will not damage the thc. Depending on your heat source, your solution may bubble a little bit, a rolling boil, or just swirls. What you want at minimum are the swirls. That shows there is action.

5. Finally, this recipe is designed to give you approximately 3 fluid ounces of concentrated Green/Gold Dragon tincture. So for the last step, reduce your solution by half, or down to your goal volume, which should be about 3 fl.oz for this size batch for beginners and bottle it. It is now officially ready to sample. There is a reduction guide for potency level a little further along.

And there you have it. I've tried to make the actual steps as simple yet concise as possible. And as stated previously, this recipe is pretty much designed for the novice, the beginner. It does not require a lot of marijuana that could be lost, anything is possible so it could happen. I don't advocate making this or any other cannabis product for the first time with your emergency stash. You don't have to have expensive pot or even buds. I want everyone to be comfortable within themselves with trying this.
:pimp:

@bigsur51
Having worked and made many tinctures the ideal Decarb temp is 240F for 40 mins warm oven using calabrated oven thermo (inside hang from rack
Image result for hanging oven thermo

My friend has done yrs of study and many oaid lab tests with documented results on another sight.
He has an index of his project I can steer you to.
He has shown using the 240F for 40mins (for herb not hash ) is best for full conversion from THCA to THC.
(this is what happens during decarb) and THC is formed just as if done with heat in a burning joint or pipe.

But there are many methods to do so

your friend wouldn’t happen to be Grayfox would it?

Morning. Hope everybody's day is off to a good start! Sitting on my deck drinking java and watching the golfers come by. Nice and peaceful.

Harvesting a Key Lime Pie first thing then a trip to the grow store for a ba!e of sunshine and a bag of perlite.

Guess I better go and feed the birds and critters before going down to the grow.

Roster, why couldn't I put the concoction in my converted pressure cooker still and reclaim some of the alcohol rather than losing it to the wind?
You could if you mod the PCooker into a recovery still, little more involved
The pressure cooker would also give off water and end up with watery booze.
There are contrations out there that do exactly what you said
The Sorce is one of them. I believe The magic butter maker can do a few things too
Never played with one Yet..
https://www.portlandmercury.com/the-weed-issue-2018/2018/04/18/19823694/come-to-the-source

Latest posts

Back