Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can top ya lol
See the source image

Gor! 'es a bleedin' Hobbit!

go figure, all I have is a shaved noggin but the rest of me is completely hairless...never had any leg, chest, or arm hair...I look as if I shaved...as far as scar tissue, I'll bet I've got you all beat...I've been thru the grinder of life...
(*snork*)

I dunno, boo... I may have ya beat. We were in my hot tub one time, and MySonTheDoctor had a bet with his Black Belt (Judo, Jiu-jitsu, Kendo) brother.

The got a tape measure out and began listing scar lengths/locations on my ole bod. :eek:🤷‍♂️

Turns out I have a tad over five feet of scars. I realize I am cheating a bit here... you have free time to catch up, since I'll be 80 *GASP!* in November. So I've had more time to screw up. 🙃

I have to pass this true story along. The fun my marriage has been these 60-odd years...

'Way back in the Olden Days, my young bride decided to make home-made bread. What happened next was straight out of "I Love Lucy" -- she misread the recipe in a very crucial area: The recipe called for 1/3 cup of yeast.

She put in 3 cups.

She stepped out of the kitchen to do something while the dough rose. Suddenly, she could hear it! There, on the kitchen table was a glorping, growing mass of dough. My poor darling was running around the kitchen table trying [late edit: unsuccessfully] to keep this huge, moving blob from hitting the floor on all sides. :eek: :eek:

Getting record rain here among the oak trees. It's picture taking day. So will be posting up pics of the trees later. (before the buds rot off) I think I found a winner among them. C99 x NL (thanks Uni) one friend said they smell like peaches and Blondy said blueberries. All I know is it has a great uplifting buzz with no hard crash. I like that... The only problem is that I didn't take extra cuts. So trying to re-veg it. Fingers crossed.

Speaking of scars. Mine are from a pound of gunpowder. 2nd and 3rd degree burns on 1/3rd of me. Hands and face took the blunt of it. Was lucky that it happened when I was 4 years old. So scaring on the face is hard to tell. Only bald spots in my beard under my chin. I'm still ugly even without them...lol
Will say I'm a prime example, that you don't show a child. What gunpowder is and how to set it off at 4 years old. Funny thing is. I still love blowing sht up to this day.

Another funny thing., it burned off all the hair off my legs. So it made my leg hair grow out even faster as I grew up. In the 3rd grade I won the hairy leg contest and was aloud to wear shorts to school. At the time I thought it was cool but now looking back. I understand now that everyone was pointing and laughing at me. Oh well. Nothing has changed. People still point and laugh or run away screaming.

Rain is coming down again. So off the garage to rebuild a M 50 injector pump.

Some say injection is nice but I'd rather be blown....

1606973_729924050364006_888259950_n.jpg

Good morning folks! I'm not too sure what I'm going to do today, but I've got to do something. I hate to make plans because they keep throwing that "premeditated" word around in court.
Roster, your baby's arm comment made me think of an old Irish limerick.

There once was a girl from Australia who said,
"Concerning the male genitalia,
Guys brag about size, 'til you think you've a prize,
Then exhibit wee paraphernalia."

OK since you opened it can I ask
How did that feel when you woke up

Hurt like a MFer. They saw your rib cage right down the middle and Spread it open to work on your heart. 😳

Hopper, my most vivid memory was when I sneezed about 10 hours out of surgery. Nobody warned me about that and I thought I died right there.

Have an Airstone question, Hydro people
I use extra large 3 inch by 2 wide airstones and there was a way I use to clean them but just had a brain fart
I think it was boiling , or maybe vinegar Anyone clean clean their stones?
Airstones figured I better make sure we are talking the some things

OK I found it Thanks
Rejuvenating Aquarium Airstones
  1. Rinse the air stone in fresh water, then lightly scrub off any excess build up off the outside. Allow the airstone to air dry completely.
  2. Boil the stone in fresh water for 10 minutes, and allow it to air-dry again.
  3. Soak the airstone in a solution of one part household bleach to three parts fresh water (1:3) for 24 hours. Bleach has the advantage of both cleaning the stone and also disinfecting it. Soak the stone for a full 24 hours, or two days if the stone was badly clogged.
  4. Remove the stone from the bleach solution, then attach an airline from an air pump to the stone and place it in a container of fresh water, letting it run for five minutes. This will dilute and remove any residual bleach from the stone.
  5. Remove the airstone from the fresh water and continue to let the air pump through the stone for five minutes to dry the inside pores. Allow the stone to completely air-dry for 24 hours, then store for future use.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back