Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang it Roster You did it again
giphy.gif

I spent one half of one winter near lake Michigan and had enough. If I covet snow, I would rather go to the mountains than have it delivered to my doorstep.

In 1962 we had C-rations with green packaged Lucky Strikes.

I disassembled cherry bombs and packed the powder into a spent 12 gauge shell that I had knocked the primer out of. After packing the case with flash powder, I either waxed a cherry bomb fuse in the flash hole or broke a black cat in half and stuck it in the hole left by the primer.

I also made black powder in high school chemistry lab, as well as solid rocket propellent.

Black powder is shock sensitive and we used to smash any firecracker that didn't go off with a hammer to get them to bang.

27F @ 87% RH, snow with 10 mph winds, and predicted to reach 40F by tomorrow morning with rain, so should clear the snow and flood the local steams and rivers. I predict some serious mud and land slides in the burned off parts.

Our governor has declared a state of emergency, the bus and rail lines shut down, the gorge freeway continues to be closed, there is extensive storm damage, much of Clackamas County is without power and we were off here for awhile.

In contrast, the park across the street was full of people playing in the snow and the area restaurants are opening despite the weather, now that our governor says they can.

I extracted another half gallon of buds, this some 2017 material that I forgot in my curing cabinet, and sampled the concentrate this morning. Wowza is it sedative!! I almost decided to take a short nap from two dabs.
Damn, so yall south side of the river are also up Schitz Creek. You'd think the people in charge would be prepared for these situations. Last time we had this much snow, PDX and Vantucky were shut down for a week. But no, we never learn. Especially with Inslee and Brown in charge. Good thing there's plentiful smoke, and hopefully decent company in the domicile.

Good job Hopper.... couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

You guys will be happy to know the 500 ended in a crash on the final lap..AGAIN!!! All the leaders were wiped out a and never heard of the winner. Also, Wallace faded at the end and was left sweeping up the mess.

I need to get out for a walk today...cooped up in this house for 40 days and nights. Some sun on my face would feel nice. Warmed up to -2...

38F @ 84% RH, rain and predicted to reach 45F.

We've lost power several times since last night, but it seems to be steady now. Over 300,000 homes without power today.

I just got a call from a renter that the ice has dammed the gutter and water is coming in around one window. That happened once before at our other duplex, so hoping it isn't again as well, because I can't get a ladder over to take care of it yet.

I was much worse than you guys. I bought one pound tins of sodium chlorate and mixed it with icing sugar and aluminium to create my own explosives and rockets. The rockets were mainly terrible, they'd launch, and barely off, turn and shoot along the ground like anti-tank missiles.

38F @ 84% RH, rain and predicted to reach 45F.

We've lost power several times since last night, but it seems to be steady now. Over 300,000 homes without power today.

I just got a call from a renter that the ice has dammed the gutter and water is coming in around one window. That happened once before at our other duplex, so hoping it isn't again as well, because I can't get a ladder over to take care of it yet.
I lost power the other day because of the ice. Right now it is pouring like a thunderstorm.

Latest posts

Back