Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hellls bells lets bring some big equip and a trommel machine in and do it right.
1615734059136.png

I hope it never comes to that patwi. But I have a feeling that gold will go through the roof if things get that bad. However, who will buy it.???? I think trading marijuana for eggs is more in line with my thinking.

What was the old saying...."pot will get you through times with no money but money won't get you through times with no pot."

Well I am totally done down in the grow so time to start thinking about snow mitigation.....ahhhhh NO. Here is a pic of what it going on right now.

IMG_20210314_115423239.jpg

Snowing so hard with the wind gusting that you can't see 50 yards. Picture really doesn't do it justice. Not one car has been down my street yet. You can't tell but that is a golf course your looking at....no way I can go out and get anything done...

I hope it never comes to that patwi. But I have a feeling that gold will go through the roof if things get that bad. However, who will buy it.???? I think trading marijuana for eggs is more in line with my thinking.

What was the old saying...."pot will get you through times with no money but money won't get you through times with no pot."

Well I am totally done down in the grow so time to start thinking about snow mitigation.....ahhhhh NO. Here is a pic of what it going on right now.

View attachment 269538

Snowing so hard with the wind gusting that you can't see 50 yards. Picture really doesn't do it justice. Not one car has been down my street yet. You can't tell but that is a golf course your looking at....no way I can go out and get anything done...

Yup, blizzard warning just received from the national weather service. Snow is already blowing sideways, but winds are expected to increase to upwards of 45 mph. Almost whiteout conditions here.

Yup, blizzard warning just received from the national weather service. Snow is already blowing sideways, but winds are expected to increase to upwards of 45 mph. Almost whiteout conditions here.

Just had a snow plow come down the street. Just made on pass down the middle. Probably the last time we will see him. That has gotten to be SOP lately. The blizzard warning doesn't end until midnight.....daumn, this is getting serious. Nothing to do but ride the storm out.

Just had a snow plow come down the street. Just made on pass down the middle. Probably the last time we will see him. That has gotten to be SOP lately. The blizzard warning doesn't end until midnight.....daumn, this is getting serious. Nothing to do but ride the storm out.
Be careful and don't over due it
No one else wants to be a mod that badly.
Well maybe Chad LOL

I just came in from taking the dog out again. I had to shovel out a spot AGAIN so she could do her thing. I have no Idea how my snow blower is gonna handle this mess. Heavy wet stuff. You can't even see out the fricken window. And it just keeps on coming.

I was out to dinner last night at our favorite hide away restaurant and was talking to the owner and he bet me a beer that we wouldn't get 6" from this.....since it took forever to get here. Looks like I will have to wait a couple of days to go and collect my winnings.

giphy.gif

Putes what happen to kids like we use to be, I would shovel out all the older people homes before the snow even ended and do it again afterwards
Kids now a days kinda suck and do not want to do anything but Video games and smoke pot.
Dam Kida

" I'll sell you 2 eggs for 1/4 ounce of gold " ... heard sometime in the non distant future

Perhaps the time for "egg futures" has come???

Clarion thinking! Let's add pot futures to the list!

36F @ 76% RH, partially cloudy and predicted to reach 50F.

13 of the 100 protesters/rioters detained Saturday were arrested and an Oregon civil rights group calls for in investigation into Portland Police tactics in doing so.

This morning I will be chauffeuring Grayfox to and from her eye doctor where she is getting her cataract lenses laser cleaned of protein deposits.

Hidey-hi there friends and neighbors. It's BEER DAY! The Pullet happily informed me that she and her current boyfriend had stopped off at my favorite watering hole Saturday for dinner and was given a message from the staff for me. Miller Lite is back with an extra keg in reserve, and my presence is cheerfully desired. 15:00 just ain't gonna get here quick enough!
In the mean time, I'm gonna pull the blade off the ATV just so I can say I accomplished something today besides a buzz. Was going to do the blade on the Jeep too, but I can't trust Pute to keep that stuff out west where it belongs. 🤓

Some good news... I just got the nicest note from someone who wanted two more copies of my historical novel, The Cadet -- The Adventures of a New World Pioneer in the 17th Century.

I bring this up because this reply brings my "You got teary or chokey -- either for happy or for sad" respondent level to 88%. 🤩🥳🤗

The note:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would love it if you signed both copies!!! One is for Sean, he is the 12th Great Grandson of Jan & one for Jack, he is the 11th Great Grandson of Jan. I am putting a check in the mail for you today.

I did get teary when I read The Cadet and goosebumps! It is unbelievable what you have done for all of Jan's descendants. We are so blessed to have you! Very few families get the opportunity to not only know this much about an ancestor but to read it in story form so that you get to know your grandfather. I'm getting teary again. Thank you, Walt! I hope you understand what you have given all of us!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Something like that comes out of nowhere, and it makes the hundreds of hours of research, and the hundreds of hours of writing seem like nothing at all -- a breeze.

Oh, wait... there is a corollary you could not be aware of. This person and her kids know their Family line without a break back for 14 generations.

(*ahem*) That's 'cause I wrote The Book Of Snedekers, which accounts for everyone with any spelling of the name (110 variants known) as well as all who married into the Family back until the late 16th century. That is why there is such an impact on some folks -- it gits pussanal! They're looking at their 12-times great grandfather from when he was a little redheaded kid in the Duchy of Oldenburg to when he was the Family patriarch in the New World.

Lotsa love, blood and guts, and massive doses of trivia. Gawd. I am running on. Blame it on my Volcano.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back