Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_1491.gif

Buddy of mine got nailed on elbow. 5 inch wide purple band stretched to his arm pit, went down to "leg pit" new term! He said it itched like crazy. They gave him some kind of shot that stopped the effects.

Some get large areas of necrosis that can be crippling in the very worst cases.

Bubba

I think it takes a lot of them to make medicine. But they are pretty. I love them printed on cloth
Oh, like I said, it's a thing. It's work, but selecting the right seeds, just like with weed is key. Don't be fooled they can't be grown here and all that, they grow fine. Can get huge bushes with many heads.

I wish I was closer.
so do I...
Thanx for wishing that. Our brother Boo is a strong minded guy tho and I’m sure overexerted himself having to do it without waiting for help…
yup, got all the chores done today, got Elvis ready for a road trip tomorrow, carb should be a happy camper...Goliath got fired up and is now running great after glass beading the plugs and resetting them...got race fuel so I can take him for a spin, I'll post a video of him, a very angry beast that snorts and farts raw fuel...overdid it as usual but that's how I roll...nothing a heating pad and ice won't help...

The flowers on the true opium poppy, papaver somniferum are quite beautiful. Unfortunately the blooms only last a couple days and all the petals fall off.

Bubba
you'd be surprised how much sap comes out of a properly cut pod...cut and scrape until you have a nice ball of opium, one of my favorite ways to spend an evening...

I kill those all the time. Never been bitten. I would go to doc. You don't want a big hard knot thing, that may disintegrate and leave a crater, or if you start getting a deep red trail the color of a purple bruise, extending from the bite area to your arm pit, down to crotch, go to doc.
I heard your winky can fall off...

Merry day of the Sun to all and happy Canada Day our northern brothers and sisters.
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Yet another gorgeous day here, starting at 56F and predicted to reach 84F.

A plastic container managed to get lodged behind the lazy susan n the kitchen cabinet, so I had to unload it and remove the suzan to clear the backside. After removing it I discovered a bare spot in the plaster and repaired that before putting things back together. It doesn't show, but I feel better about it fixed.

Starting to get lots of blossoms and a few tomatoes on the Morton Hybrids and the Basil in the herb garden has taken off. My two Train Wrecks are doing OK but haven't taken off like the tomatoes have.

Canada Day.jpg

Latest posts

Back