Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m glad my taste buds are not that finicky I think any of these are good on a hot biscuit.
View attachment 347166
I use molasses too, but not the Log Cabin.There's just no comparison with pure maple syrup, imo.

In fact, I might go get some thick bread tomorrow for French Toast and surprise Ms Bossie one morning. She's off all week for turkey day, and cinnamon French Toast with maple syrup sounds pretty good right now. It's been a minute. Yeah.

I'll fry up some bacon and give her breffis in bed. 'Cause I'm a #1 husband like that. LOL 😈

Time for beddy bye time for this old hippie. Back's been beating me up for the last week. That, and a weary soul kept me from the sleep I desperately needed, so I cheated tonight and ate an oxy. First one in months. I think I can hammer my eyelids down and clock in a few hours before the sun comes up, so I'm gonna give it a try.
NewOldster, no dancing on the pool tables or shootin' out the lights, mmmk? :)
Good night. ☮️

Time for beddy bye time for this old hippie. Back's been beating me up for the last week. That, and a weary soul kept me from the sleep I desperately needed, so I cheated tonight and ate an oxy. First one in months. I think I can hammer my eyelids down and clock in a few hours before the sun comes up, so I'm gonna give it a try.
NewOldster, no dancing on the pool tables or shootin' out the lights, mmmk? :)
Good night. ☮️
I'm right behind ya, bro. G'Night.

We had black walnuts when we lived on the farm, Ruined all our clothes if we got in them b4 they were ready. That black stains everything.
I absolutely love black walnuts. We useta strew them in the long driveway at the farm. Cars would run over them and remove the inky husks; the shells were tough enough that cars running over them did not hurt them.

IIRC (this wuz 75 or more years ago) the time to gather dropped walnuts was right about now -- just after the first frost. The first frost would make the big tree just rain walnuts. <-- Hey... That is some dang obscure trivia that y'all are stuck knowing until yer dyin' days. You harvest black walnuts right after the first frost. <-- Try to forget it.

To open them: This is easier than folks make out. If you lookit a black walnut, you will see what looks like a "seam" that runs all the way around the nut from top to bottom (not equator). Put the seam on a flat rock and tap the part of the seam facing up with a hammer (gently) until it cracks. Then rotate and do it on the other side.

If you are pure in heart, the big sumbitch will open just right, and you get two enormous "turkeys" to munch on while you open the next one.

I haven't done this since the 1940's... Jeez, I'm old.

From what I’ve read, they were a very loving couple, and very good people. Carter’s legacy as a president isn’t very favorable, but that doesn’t negate the fact that he was a good man…
Yes I agree and for the longest time he was thought to be the worst president in history of our country.

I use molasses too, but not the Log Cabin.There's just no comparison with pure maple syrup, imo.

In fact, I might go get some thick bread tomorrow for French Toast and surprise Ms Bossie one morning. She's off all week for turkey day, and cinnamon French Toast with maple syrup sounds pretty good right now. It's been a minute. Yeah.

I'll fry up some bacon and give her breffis in bed. 'Cause I'm a #1 husband like that. LOL 😈
You romantic mofo you :) ☝️ 😍

From what I’ve read, they were a very loving couple, and very good people. Carter’s legacy as a president isn’t very favorable, but that doesn’t negate the fact that he was a good man…
That's a good way of putting it. He wound up in a job that was way the hell past peanut growing, but he was not a Nixon or Johnson-level wrong-un.

Good morning Island denizens! Hugz all around, let the Moon Day joy commence!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

A mostly clear day here starting at 36F and predicted to soar to 54F.

My appointment with a Physiatrist (not psychiatrist) to look for alternatives to surgery to remediate my lower back pain is this morning. Hope they can come up with something that works!

Good morning Island denizens! Hugz all around, let the Moon Day joy commence!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

A mostly clear day here starting at 36F and predicted to soar to 54F.

My appointment with a Physiatrist (not psychiatrist) to look for alternatives to surgery to remediate my lower back pain is this morning. Hope they can come up with something that works!
Good morning GW. Hope they get you figured out 😊

Latest posts

Back