Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning masterful brothers and kindly sister women!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

More rain starting at 46F and predicted to soar to 52F during the heat of the day.

Off to the gym this morning, followed by a long Jacuzzi soak, and then off to Fernhill dawg park with Miss Layla while the cleaning ladies do their magic.

We got all our paperwork off to the tax man and await the damage news. I notice that every US Taxpayer owes $1.1 million as our share of the national debt and rapidly growing. How many could pay that amount, even if they liquidated all their assets?

I already got my taxes back! 😃😎
Got some real fat pockets this year too😍
Getting all kinds of house upgrades done with it!

New couch, pellet stove, washer n dryer, dishwasher, and gas stove.
Might even buy a new furnace since mine shit the bed, but ive got a HVAC buddy trying to find me a solid used one.

Last edited:
My Tax guy has my stuff. He has been doing my taxes for over 25yrs.
40 years ago, we switched from a CPA to a tax attorney because of our combined incomes from salaries, businesses, and rentals. We used him 38 years, but alas he retired a couple years ago, and our returns are simpler now with no salaries or businesses, so we are using H&R Block.

Interestingly switching to a tax attorney must of raised a red flag, because we got audited that year, but they didn't find anything wrong.

We have always gotten money back, which is a two-edged sword. We're always happy to see it, but on the other hand it means we have given up an average of six months interest on our own money that gets returned to us.

And they were supposed to be going after the multi-millionaires that weren't paying their fair share?

Good morning, Misfits. Rainy, windy, and a far cry from yesterday at 36 degrees. On a positive note, no hail or 'naders last night.

Watched some tube with the Old Hen last night and fell asleep while the birds were out. She woke me up to have me put them away. Apparently, she doesn't make a very good bird sitter 'cause one of 'em (Tiki) chewed the plastic ear pieces off the bows on my glasses. Great fun. I'll dig through the drawers and see if one of my old pairs have bows that'll fit, and then a trip to the eyeball store and have them installed.

Good morning masterful brothers and kindly sister women!View attachment 352855View attachment 352856

More rain starting at 46F and predicted to soar to 52F during the heat of the day.

Off to the gym this morning, followed by a long Jacuzzi soak, and then off to Fernhill dawg park with Miss Layla while the cleaning ladies do their magic.

We got all our paperwork off to the tax man and await the damage news. I notice that every US Taxpayer owes $1.1 million as our share of the national debt and rapidly growing. How many could pay that amount, even if they liquidated all their assets?
1709134140571.png

And they were supposed to be going after the multi-millionaires that weren't paying their fair share?

Good morning, Misfits. Rainy, windy, and a far cry from yesterday at 36 degrees. On a positive note, no hail or 'naders last night.

Watched some tube with the Old Hen last night and fell asleep while the birds were out. She woke me up to have me put them away. Apparently, she doesn't make a very good bird sitter 'cause one of 'em (Tiki) chewed the plastic ear pieces off the bows on my glasses. Great fun. I'll dig through the drawers and see if one of my old pairs have bows that'll fit, and then a trip to the eyeball store and have them installed.
1709134299537.png

Got the glasses fixed. Went up to my eyeball mechanic and told him what had happened. He said he'd gotten cat chewed and dog chewed bows before, but I was his first bird chew situation. He said he could pull the ear pieces off a pair I'd brought with me or he could just replace the chewed ones with new ones for four bucks. Sold! Had 'em done in less than five minutes. Flipped the counter gal a fiver and told her to stick the extra buck in the tip jar.
I also mentioned that I'd fired my bird sitter.

Latest posts

Back