Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've raised shepherds my entire life. There are many fine dogs but none so great and classy as a German Shepherd. My girl just turned 8 and is giving me some health scares lately. I've never had one make it to ten. There is no finer companion in my eyes. Sadly, this will be my last one as I'm too damn old to give a new pup the work they need. This girl is a lean 120 lbs, and at that size, her joints just won't last much longer, but her heart and mind are still strong. Not so many long hikes anymore, but she still enjoys a golf cart ride down to the creek for a swim.

On number seven here. A magnificent breed whose biggest problem is that they don't live very long.

We had Boxers on the farm growing up, one of which was a blazed face like your Avatar, named Muggs!View attachment 353147
i had a Mugg, he was my first dog as a kid, he was half German Shep and something else.

This is Shrimp (the dog) and his buddy Moose. Fun to watch them play, they mostly try to outrun each other.
Shrimp is an American Red Nose Pit Bull, we rescued him as a pup, he is five yrs old. The pit's have a bad rep due to their fighting skills. Actually, they are excellent pets to have around, very smart, easy to train and a great protection dog, and as you can see, they will play with other animals including a cat.
Moose is a stud and also a rescue (miniature) horse, his previous owners abandonded him 3 years ago.

Last edited:
1709581131519.png

Good morning missfits!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Cloudy today starting at 35F and predicted to reach 47F.

Alas, Miss Layla's Scottish Terrier walking buddy named Hamish started feeling poorly and appeared in pain, so they took him to the emergency vet clinic, where they discovered that his organs were in the final grip of Stage 5 cancer, so they put him down to save him suffering.

Grayfox was providing hugs and solace to Hamish's mom on a neighborhood walk about sharing Miss Layla, and a young white Husky female came bounding up and followed them home. I took her picture and Grayfox posted a notice with the Humane Societies, and we let her roam the house with Layla until we got a response.

She was gregarious and full of it, with Layla being a good host, even after the pup stole her rawhide chew and began taunting her with it. Some romping and chasing, as well as some studiously ignoring before the pup's mom contacted us and picked her up.

She offered us a reward, which we declined, and her husband came by later to again offer us a reward, which I declined, only to have him leave a $100 bill in our mailbox, soooo we donated that $100 to the Humane Society in Hamish's memory, as well as thanks for being there to connect us finders with the frantic and heartbroken owners.

Good morning missfits! View attachment 353187View attachment 353188

Cloudy today starting at 35F and predicted to reach 47F.

Alas, Miss Layla's Scottish Terrier walking buddy named Hamish started feeling poorly and appeared in pain, so they took him to the emergency vet clinic, where they discovered that his organs were in the final grip of Stage 5 cancer, so they put him down to save him suffering.

Grayfox was providing hugs and solace to Hamish's mom on a neighborhood walk about sharing Miss Layla, and a young white Husky female came bounding up and followed them home. I took her picture and Grayfox posted a notice with the Humane Societies, and we let her roam the house with Layla until we got a response.

She was gregarious and full of it, with Layla being a good host, even after the pup stole her rawhide chew and began taunting her with it. Some romping and chasing, as well as some studiously ignoring before the pup's mom contacted us and picked her up.

She offered us a reward, which we declined, and her husband came by later to again offer us a reward, which I declined, only to have him leave a $100 bill in our mailbox, soooo we donated that $100 to the Humane Society in Hamish's memory, as well as thanks for being there to connect us finders with the frantic and heartbroken owners.
Sounds like a bunch of good hearted people. Kudos, GW.

50 and rain here at Casa Del Hippie. 'Tis a far cry from yesterday, but typical for the area.
Yesterday's CAT scan took a lot longer than it ever has. My appointment was for 1030, so I got there at 1020. The place was packed. Got to do chair aerobics for 40 minutes before getting called in. Anybody with a bad back knows what sitting for that long does to their pain receptors.
The Old Hen and Pullet came along but stayed in the car waiting because they wanted to go out for breakfast/lunch afterwards. I came out to the car fully expecting to find the weakest one dead and the other with her hunger slaked, but found both happy but starving. Went to the Cracker Barrel and was pleasingly surprised to find the quesne excellent. The 70 degree shirt sleeve weather made the entire day enjoyable.
Now I get to sit and wait 'til next week's pulmonary doctor's report to see if I should skip albums and start buying 45's. Showed my age on that one!

Latest posts

Back