Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning gang. My hip has been killing me for two weeks. I can hardly stand it to sit in my car and drive to work. I can work, and walk around but sitting position has me wiggling in discomfort the whole time. I’m only 36, too early for this shit to pop up. I’m sure it has something to do with my drunken motorcycle crash back in 2012.
Trying to finish a quail pen. Have 98 eggs in the incubator.
The cicadas are in full swing down south.
Ouch! Commiseration brother and good luck with the hip! My neck suffers mightily from a 1980 motorcycle/auto crash. My only permanent serious motorcycle injury now back to haunt me in my dotage.................

Motorcycles sure were a lot of fun though!

291738-FB-IMG-1684172905840.jpg

Got lucky and never went down on the road. I beat myself up on dirt squirts in my younger days.
I went down a whole lot more times off road than on pavement but was never seriously/permanently injured. I had some owies, boo boo's, and a serious burn on one leg once, but none were permanent injuries.

I didn't fare as well having a car that didn't see my headlight, nor did they signal, turn in front of me point blank.

Worst I ever had was going off the high side of a dirt squirt hitting the washboard at speed and letting my knee find the only head sized rock in the whole damned field. Couldn't stand on it long enough to pick the bike up, so I sat there for an hour before a guy on a Triumph Tiger came by and asked what happened. He asked me if he stood it up, kicked it over, and held it 'til I climbed on and pulled the clutch in if I could make it home. He reached down and put it in gear for me, and I limped home in first gear. It would have been over a mile crawl, and I'd have had to leave the bike behind. Thanks, buddy!

Worst I ever had was going off the high side of a dirt squirt hitting the washboard at speed and letting my knee find the only head sized rock in the whole damned field. Couldn't stand on it long enough to pick the bike up, so I sat there for an hour before a guy on a Triumph Tiger came by and asked what happened. He asked me if he stood it up, kicked it over, and held it 'til I climbed on and pulled the clutch in if I could make it home. He reached down and put it in gear for me, and I limped home in first gear. It would have been over a mile crawl, and I'd have had to leave the bike behind. Thanks, buddy!
1714385688633.png

Good morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Cloudy with rain here, starting at 43F and predicted to reach 55F.

My daughter fixed tacos for dinner last night, off to the gym this morning, and we will be sightseeing today.

In the end it comes down to luck. I was trailing the best off road biker that I've ever known through a clear cut at about thirty miles an hour on a Honda 500 cc single and watched his Husky suddenly flip endo, after a small limb fell between his front spokes. Instant stop and faceplant.

He was fortunately not seriously injured, but I was reminded of how suddenly you can be killed riding an offroad bike, when you aren't even pushing the envelope. On the road I was repeatedly reminded and mindful of impending doom by other drivers regularly not seeing or respecting me on a scooter, making me defensive, but point-blank head on is tough...............

Husqvarna used to make a hell of a bike. I rated them right up there with Macco and Bultaco. Used to love racing with the Westcoast bunch. They were good in the sand, but they left the woods shaking. First thing we did with a new scooter was to hacksaw off two inches of handlebar on each side so we could blast through the trees. Hint: A tree that's been there twice as long as you've been alive doesn't move.

I love this thread! I wake up and find out that I've been a lesbian for the last 56 years!🤪🤪

Good morning folks. I see the level of disturbing behaviors still lives. Always brightens my day. Once again, third day in a row. I ate another cookie. Man, I ain't getting anything done the past three days. I'm kinda glad they are gone now. I have more loaded ghee butter but I'm thinking of doing the coconut oil thing. Would like to learn how to do gummies sometime.

Latest posts

Back