Just Say No to Responsible Ohio initiative

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sure you voted no because you all could "hide" behind medical and merrily toke away... I have to HIDE in my F'n basement looking over my shoulder worrying if some riotous neighbor feels like calling the cops on me.
(who are/feel now even more empowered to put me in my place)

sorry VERY bitter
:48:

:yeahthat:
I live in Texas and any legalization would be awesome. I just want to smoke in peace. I'm not trying to make a living growing weed,,,I just want to be free to smoke without going to jail because of ******* neighbors.

Joe, Ohio isn't the only place to F' up legalization bills, it has happened here and I understand your frustration...truth be known I don't care if they ever legalize it, just get me enough lead way my attorney has something to work with, because I'm never gonna be on a list, just wont happen. I see all the strides made in the last 8 years about to come crashing down, unless we as a population demand that our elected officials enact laws that make sense and protect everyone, not just big money and pharma. The only way i will be truely happy is if the just take MJ out of schedule 1 and not schedule it, it is herbal just like all the other legal herbal remedy's that are sold here in the states. It's a myth to think anything other than outright decriminalization of MJ is going to lead to anything good, everyone is fighting for table scraps when we should be demanding the whole meal, or forcing our elected officials away from the table. America is so stupid now, we as a people have allowed thirty years of regression to take place in America, and now the population is just plain too stupid to know any better. I can still name all the presidents, all the states and and capitols and know where they are on the map, I know all 44 presidents and understand the three branches of government. We no longer care as a nation if it does not directly impact us...and the sad truth is it all does...but people are slothful and lazy and uneducated and just like Rome, you are watching the fall of the USA....so Joe what i'm really trying to say is that you expect far more from your fellow Americans than they can give, thanks to the last 30 years of "dumbing down" of America....not everybody gets to win and have a trophy, there is no such thing as also ran, and atta boy.....That concludes my rant!

Kraven, some very good points you made. It's amazing the sheer amount of stupidity I see every day. How do people make it in life with blind ignorance?

I concur Krave.

Let them move on to the next state to get their monopoly and they will.

bummed....
and even more bummed issue 2 passed....
so unless the feds, decrim. pot.
we will never get the option to vote for legal weed again here in Ohio....
I know some folks are happy about it...
mostly the folks that grow and sell there weed. im just a little fish, trying to know that my smoke hasnt been sprayed with black flag or Raid....
sad sad sad....

I don't know why I let myself get even the least-bit hopeful about this... I KNEW it was doomed from the start.
(we can go back in this thread and quote if needed)

but I did let myself get invested and now I'm .... trying to chill because stupid crap like this makes my blood boi.... chill

/sigh

Doent matter how it starts out,,,big money will always take over,,,hide and watch. It is always that way. Look at Beer and cigarettes,,,who you think makes the money. At least you dont go to jail cause you smoke a cigarette or drink a beer. And the only ppl that were pissed when prohibition was over was the black market dealers. Go figure.

exactly!

Like the "indentured servants" of days past saying, "No, I don't want my freedom if XXXX is going to profit form it."
ok, live as a slave then... fool.

Now we've got to play nice and say "yes masta'" to all the empowered anti drug A-holes who just got a HUGE boost in their moral and are going to be more than happy to kick a few dirty hippies around in retaliation.

sure you voted no because you all could "hide" behind medical and merrily toke away... I have to HIDE in my F'n basement looking over my shoulder worrying if some riotous neighbor feels like calling the cops on me.
(who are/feel now even more empowered to put me in my place)

sorry VERY bitter
If that's how you really feel then move. Nobody is forcing you to stay in Ohio.

Sure... uproot the wife and kid, sell off all the properties and house Dad spent 80% of his (now dead) life working to acquire/build... over me wanting to smoke weed.

great plan, I'll start packing.

(sorry, again. shouldn't attack any of you, just MAD)

Wrong Joe...we didn't pass it because the law sucked and no one was going to give away an industry to a handful of assholes.
I know plenty of people sitting in Prison who "hid" behind MMJ laws...it ain't all sunshine and rainbows in "legal" states.
I hear you brother...I know you were looking for a little legal relief...it will come in due time.

Don't fret Joe, its still very much illegal down here in Georgia too.

Joe, it was not a well written bill... but i know you were so hoping. Just wanted you to know I share your frustration with marijuana legalization. It is way past time to reschedule the classification. I too am disillusioned with big pharma taking over our beautiful plant. It hurt my feelings walking into a med dispensary for the first time in a few years and big pharma is alive and well.. Big shiny posters about thc oil. Ask what strain? oh they don't know it is just a bunch of thc that was isolated... ***? Not much home grown organic in the store, all packaged...so far from the hippies we are. I will smoke with ya kid!

i too would be worried by a bill listed with those same old words "just say no" and "responsible" sounds like the old end around trick play to me

the day after:

In an e-mailed statement, Kevin Sabet of the anti-legalization group Project SAM said "this proves the anti-legalization movement is alive and well. It means that when people understand this is about money - not pot - they are turned off. And since all legalization efforts are essentially about money, you can be sure we'll be reminding voters in other states about the true intentions of legalization advocates."

:vap-leafy_wave:winning

surprised to see many sour faces..
i was actually coming in here to -oddly- congratulate y'all for NOT legalizing marijuana.. seems odd to say, but that was hardly a good route they were going IMO.. i'd go as far to say it was a horrible bill.

sucks y'all gotta wait to try again and do it properly.. but i'm glad to see people don't just suckle on the word legal and ignore the terms.

Better check out the details of issue 2 before we say oh-well maybe "next time"...

Lawmakers tweaked the proposed language to prevent amendments creating a monopoly or special interest of a "commercial" economic nature to avoid legal challenges. But Ohio State University law professor Dan Tokaji said the language is still too vague and would allow judges to pick and choose whom the law applies to.

"The proponent of virtually every initiative will claim that it benefits a special interest at the expense of the public interest," Tokaji wrote in testimony submitted to lawmakers.

Chris Stock, a Cincinnati attorney who drafted the ResponsibleOhio amendment, said lawmakers' amendment is an 11th-hour rule change intended to block marijuana legalization. Stock said the language was not well thought-out and would trigger a lawsuit that would cost taxpayers millions of dollars.

Latest posts

Back