Advertise On Marijuana Passion

just wondering

sidewayz

Active Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2011
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
im growing with a t-5 54 watt hf flouros system just wanting to kmow about the new branches between the nodes they start coming out really early is this normal when growing with a t5 system all advice will help out.... thanks
 

Rosebud

Organic dirt farmer
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
23,149
Reaction score
6,226
That is why T5's rock. They do just what your talking about.
 
R

Roddy

Guest
This is a good thing, and as Rose says, normal with a T5....
 

sidewayz

Active Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2011
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
thanks thought I was freaking out so the more branches more buds sounds like a very good thing and ima letm grow out sweet thanks a bunch
 

LEFTHAND

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 13, 2009
Messages
1,379
Reaction score
191
sidewayz said:
so the more branches more buds sounds like a very good thing and ima letm grow out sweet thanks a bunch
you got er more branches the more bud sites the more the bud sites the more bud... to a POINT too.. need the light n room to "optimize" it to the fullest.....

if your a topper of your plants wait till you start topping.. branches pop out everywhere lol..

LH
 

BackWoodsDrifter

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
2,707
Reaction score
104
Can someones please be showin a picture of this here T5 light? Be hearin so much bout this here light need to be understand what to look for ifin I be scratchin coin together out me underware drawer to buy me one next paddle into town ;)

BWD
 
D

dman1234

Guest
here ya go BWD.

574b9a208655dddc492d553ab721.jpg

the bulbs are smaller then T8's, wich you will usually find in schools or office buildings.
 

BackWoodsDrifter

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
2,707
Reaction score
104
Thanks dman!!! So do tell what somethin like this here cost in the fancy store? And do it just plug into wall?

BWD
 
D

dman1234

Guest
They plug straight into the wall, i dont use them YET, but i will be soon, they come in many sizes, 2 ft and 4ft long with 2-4-6-8 bulbs, prob go anywhere from $75-$300 depending on what ya get and where ya get it.
 

BackWoodsDrifter

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
2,707
Reaction score
104
They be talkin bout this light in other thread just read. So they be sayin its only good for the veg not so good for flower?

BWD
 

LEFTHAND

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 13, 2009
Messages
1,379
Reaction score
191
various prices BWD...
try ebay... ive found plantlightinghydroponics a good n cheap place to buy from....i cant remember the plac THG gets hers from but there a good price as well.... but they dont ship to me.. :(
cheapest i have found that will ship to me anyways....

there gret.. very little heat. you can have the plants inches from the bulb.. and nice on the power.. :D

LH
 
D

dman1234

Guest
BackWoodsDrifter said:
They be talkin bout this light in other thread just read. So they be sayin its only good for the veg not so good for flower?

BWD
There will be different opinions on that, imo it doesnt have the throw to flower properly, but are great for veg, so IMO if ya have a veg and flower room its worth it, but if ya veg and flower in the same room, its prob not worth it.
 

BackWoodsDrifter

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
2,707
Reaction score
104
LEFTHAND said:
various prices BWD...
try ebay... ive found plantlightinghydroponics a good n cheap place to buy from....i cant remember the plac THG gets hers from but there a good price as well.... but they dont ship to me.. :(
cheapest i have found that will ship to me anyways....

there gret.. very little heat. you can have the plants inches from the bulb.. and nice on the power.. :D

LH

Soundin like somethin I be needen to look into thanks fur yur fireside LH much abliged yur knowledge!

BWD
 

BackWoodsDrifter

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
2,707
Reaction score
104
dman1234 said:
There will be different opinions on that, imo it doesnt have the throw to flower properly, but are great for veg, so IMO if ya have a veg and flower room its worth it, but if ya veg and flower in the same room, its prob not worth it.
Well that I do my friend I cook and clean same room so maybe ifin I look to exspand me little operation I be best to lookin into this here light. Only had a buck three fifty in my underwares drawer anyways oh well maybe christmas!

BWD
 
M

mountain man

Guest
You are ridiculous....
BackWoodsDrifter said:
Well that I do my friend I cook and clean same room so maybe ifin I look to exspand me little operation I be best to lookin into this here light. Only had a buck three fifty in my underwares drawer anyways oh well maybe christmas!

BWD
 
R

Roddy

Guest
BackWoodsDrifter said:
Well that I do my friend I cook and clean same room so maybe ifin I look to exspand me little operation I be best to lookin into this here light. Only had a buck three fifty in my underwares drawer anyways oh well maybe christmas!

BWD
Yes, my friend, if you do separate the rooms, a T5 would be a great addition.

I just checked my jeans pocket and found I only have a buck two twenty three, guess we're in the same situation as far as money goes!
 

Bogart Mc Thunderdunk

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2011
Messages
367
Reaction score
18
can someone tell me why this happens? is it just a certain spectrum most t5s put out or is it something inherent to their design.. just dont see how or why it would be different from MH etc.
 
R

Roddy

Guest
I think some (or most) of it is due to the ability to put the lights right on top of the plants, giving them full power! mho, could be totally different reason!
 

pcduck

Feed the soil, not the plant
Joined
Oct 1, 2008
Messages
14,298
Reaction score
7,281
can someone tell me why this happens? is it just a certain spectrum most t5s put out or is it something inherent to their design.. just dont see how or why it would be different from MH etc.

Any plant with the proper nutes and light spectrum will do this. :eek:

Even the sun :woohoo:
 
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
19,438
Reaction score
8,292
Bogart Mc Thunderdunk said:
can someone tell me why this happens? is it just a certain spectrum most t5s put out or is it something inherent to their design.. just dont see how or why it would be different from MH etc.
The T5s put out the same (or slightly more) lumens per watt as a MH, unlike other fluoro tubes. In addition to being able to put the light within an inch or so of the plants, like Roddy mentioned, it also spreads the light more evenly and runs cooler. I believe that both of these factors contribute to the tight internodal spacing.

BWD--just for your information. Fluoro tubes come in T12, T8, and T5. The number behind the T denotes the diameter of the tube in 8ths of an inch--T12s are 12/8th or 1-1/2", T8s are 8/8" or 1", T5s are 5/8".
 

Latest posts

Top