kinda unorthodox

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sazzy

Reaction score
Alright, so my plants have been sitting in the window the whole time. Strangely enough, they're doing beautifully. But, here's my questions:

One of them outgrew the other quickly. She is about up to my waist from the floor and just recently budded when I put her on 12/12. Now the other one took her sweet-edittime to sprout up, but here's the thing--she budded all by herself. And she's lookin good, too, crystally, fluffy, etc. Anyway, my question is, why did that happen? They both get the exact same treatment, so why are they're growth cycles so different? Is it because they are probably different strains? I'll get some pics up asap, the plants themselves just look completely different from each other.

So while they we're vegging you had them by the window, right? THen you put them under a HID to induce flower or are they still in the window? If so, it could be strain dependant like you said....

Did you grow from clone of the same mother plant or two different seeds, do you know genetics or is it a bag seed? Did you put both plants into 12/12 at the same time or wait for the runt to catch up and it just started to flower by itself? I think any light less than 15hrs will start a mature plant to flower and the natural light is approaching 12hrs a day.

Even seeds from the same pollination can express very different characteristics. Similar to you not looking or acting exactly like your sibling. In botany, it's called 'phenotypes' or phenotypical variation. Let alone random seeds from different bags. ;)

but here's the thing--she budded all by herself. And she's lookin good, too, crystally, fluffy, etc. Anyway, my question is, why did that happen?

it could be an auto trait in that one....the auto flowers by itself under any light cycle...

if i'm reading this correctly, you left one in window, 1 in flower. 1 in window went into flower naturally because of increase in dark. most outdoor plants are in flower or just started flowering in past few weeks....hope this helps....peace

They have both been in the window the entire time. The little one budded on her own, and I started getting paranoid about the big one possibly being a male so I force budded it. I kept having this nightmare of coming home from work one day and finding a huge sac on the big plant and seeing my little plant all wilted over and crying (I know it wouldn't work like that, but my mind does funny things).

The seeds that they grew from were bagseeds that had been collected from various plants over time.

Anyway, as of right now, they are both in the window. The only time the big one was not in the window was when I had to simulate 12/12, but the way the sun is hitting my building right now I don't have to simulate it anymore. And yes, as far as the season goes, they are on schedule. Perhaps they just did some quick catching-up on their own?

And I had no idea that plants could contain an "auto-trait". I assume that refers to something genetic that causes the plant to bud at a certain time, kind of like its own biological clock?

Sazzy said:
They have both been in the window the entire time. The little one budded on her own, and I started getting paranoid about the big one possibly being a male so I force budded it. I kept having this nightmare of coming home from work one day and finding a huge sac on the big plant and seeing my little plant all wilted over and crying (I know it wouldn't work like that, but my mind does funny things).

lol i know exactly what u mean my mind tends to work like that to lol

Here is your answer to this question:
The seeds that they grew from were bagseeds that had been collected from various plants over time
Different seeds from various plants will give a multitude of different phenotypes, even if it is from the same strain sometimes. :)

Hick said it best.....if the one started flowering on it's own then it is most likely expressing an auto trait. A while back a well known breeder had problems with some of his beans expressing the auto trait as well. I call these beans garbage. Jmo

Latest posts

Back