Lake water to water plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wouldn’t know what to do with the results. I’m sure the water is not safe to drink so this kit appears to be for that and not plants. It would probably show up all kinds of red flags for drinking water as I’m sure there is lake sludge in it.
I think you make these question up to see me and Hopper go at it LOL
Only Kidding

Funny fker. Try drinking the ferts you feed your plants and see how it works out for you. You are a human not a fking plant. Plants can handle lots of shit that you cant.
Im guessing you have never swam in a lake and got water in your mouth. lol Ever went swimming in a public swimming pool. Cant even imaging what's in that water,

You guys are killing me with this scientific bullshit.
I have seen many lakes that smell fishy. My Grandfather was a fresh water commercial fisherman. Know why the water smells fishy. Because they are filled with fking fish. Most fish need oxygen to survive. If that lake has fish it has oxygen and vegetation. Damn near every lake gets runoff from ppl. Go figure. That doesn't mean the water is poison. If it was the fish would die. I know lots of ppl that live on the lake and use lake water to water their yards and plants.
I think sometimes we over think growing weed. I have watered my plants with all kinds of water and you know what killed some of my plants,,a fking DOG.
The lake is full of fish. I’m sure that’s why it smells fishy. It’s not a bad smell not like a dead fishy smell but a live one kinda like Pute smells when he comes home after a fishing trip. 😊

Then stop smoking because this planet is full of toxins. You breath it in everyday. I have never fking had a plant die from water from a lake,river,or water hose.
So everybody that has cancer smokes bad weed that was watered with toxic water?.
Anyway to each his own.

I lost a few plants from some bad rainwater , it must have been acid rain cause my plants were dead in about 24 hours after pouring collected rainwater on them…

go figure

No chlorine or chloramine in that water so it is likely better than city water. As one member put it though, you want to know what is upstream. I would think if there was industrial toxins, the plants that live along it would be sickly looking but the banks of the river look pretty dense and happy.
The only toxins in the water would be from yard runoff. Nothing but neighborhood around the lake and tributaries.

I have never lost a plant due to rain water but i have heard of acid rain. I have a rain barrel i use all the time and i live in the Dallas area.
Where the heck did you live when that happened Big?

The city water is much easier access that’s one thing. I have a hose on my porch I use to water all my plants. I could fill up buckets with it as I had planned to do and let it sit over night before using it. I never let my water sit over night for my inside plants. Maybe I should consider that as I have had some ph issues and don’t know the cause yet.

About $30. Test is designed for well water. If the test says it is safe to drink, it shoukd be safe for your garden. The savings in water cost should more than cover the cost of the test kit.

http://watersafetestkits.com/products/well-water-test-kit
It’s not safe to drink I’m sure of that. There is mud in it can’t imagine that would pass any drinking water test
not really worried so much about the water savings. Just which water would be better for the plants

I have a rain barrel i use when i can,,,,, and i also have a big trash can i keep filled with tap water and i let it set for 24 hrs that i water with.

The crazy bastard said he needs to test it by drinking it first. 😁 :p
I’m not doing that without a bourbon chaser 😂

a trick my momma taught me recently. She says when she goes to the church supper where everyone brings food, you never know what germs you can get so it’s best to come home and take a half of glass of straight bourbon to kill all he germs when you get home from church 😂

Sometimes it is better to ask forgiveness than permission. This thread has turned into one of those scenarios. Since you can test it pretty inexpensively to see what is in it and ignoring whether it is safe to drink, you can assess if any of the red flags about drinking it are red flags for using to water your garden. Me personally, I would use it as long as it doesn’t have toxins that the water test would look for. Free water. Possibly containing a good amount of the nutrients plants crave. Just like Brawndo:the Thirst Mutilator…

I’m not doing that without a bourbon chaser 😂

a trick my momma taught me recently. She says when she goes to the church supper where everyone brings food, you never know what germs you can get so it’s best to come home and take a half of glass of straight bourbon to kill all he germs when you get home from church 😂
Does everyone still drink the blood of Christ (wine) from the same Chalice?

Latest posts

Back