Largest Pot & Longest Veg?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Disco94

Wannabe Ski-Bum...
Reaction score
I am cutting the top off of an old keg for a Halloween costume and I am going to plant some bud in the rest of the keg shell and was just curious to see how big a pot everybody has used? And on that note I know I can have a lot of root room so was curious what is the longest veg on the forum and what the yield was. A keg is 15.5 gallons.

just finnishe dwith a 3 gallon pot in a 20 gallon..134 grams dry..but did not veg long

Ive heard of people veging for 2 or 3 months but It all depends on the strain your growing and if you have available room for it to bush out as well as at least a 600w lamp 1000w would be better. Most people who grow indoors veg for a month before they flower.

Im doing a grow that has had a 5 month veg period, do not do what I did, they grow toooooo big :rofl:

HippyInEngland said:
Im doing a grow that has had a 5 month veg period, do not do what I did, they grow toooooo big :rofl:

Gotta post some pics up. I am thinking about doing a 3-4 month veg as of now in the keg. Kinda wanna grow Stoneybud in a Keystone keg just for the pun.:D

ill be vegging until i see preflowers, which should be about two months old, heck i will have to veg until i get my second veg/flower rooms setup, gotta have somewhere to veg my clones and im not going to force flowering just to sex them early, been vegging a month now, plants are lst'd and bushy, cant wait to pollinate for some f-1 hybrids!

biggest problem with what your doing is getting enough light. I'd super crop it and smack some serious HIDs on it. make it is as bushy as possible to maximize light canopy. growin "el naturale" doubt you have enough ceiling ht. hell the thai i seen one of the seed banks grow had to poke out ceiling tiles to get enough ht. LOL
15 gallon pot would veg 2-2 1/2 months (bout what outdoors would be) then gradually increase the dark periods (if you truly want an indoor tree).
MAKE SURE you have it in the keg 1 month before you switch to flower. some indicas and indica hybrids will massively slow root growth if not completely after flower swtich. Sativas don't do this as much.
Good luck dude...and with a monumental tree growth like this...you better post some pics up :D

edit: better go organic too. good luck tryin to flush chem/salt outa keg pot LOL organics no need for flushing ;)

edit: another...make sure to cut holes in the bottom ;)

final edit. after its a known female put it in the pot and veg 1 month under at least 800W of HPS...get it nice and huge before flower.

another final edit LOL : brek necks don't top. LST and snapping necks (aka supercropping) would be the best route...or a screen of green. ;)

Personally I have never grown marijuana by myself, my dad is the greenthumb of the family and was allways giving me pointer but I allways brushed them off because it looked easy. . Im gonna be starting my first grow and ill probably go as far as a 5gal pot and veg till plant is about 17-22 inches in height or so...

yup I think the biggest I would do indoors would be 5 gallon because I would want as many plants as possible so 4 or 6 5gallon pots sounds nice. If I grew outside I would use a 10-20 gallon pot. You better show some pictures of this BEAST it would be a great thread dude. Like seriously use a nice compact strain not sativa you want a really big bush haha.

I am in college now and trapped in an apartment complex close to campus cause I now have no car. But I am planning on moving into a house next fall around August '09 and I am going to begin the veg in January '10 so that I can flower her around March '10 outside cause I know I wont have enough room inside for this killer. Just hoping for a girl, going that far and getting a male would be a bummer!:hitchair: Any ideas on strain suggestions for something that could get this big?

getting clones of a 14 yr old mother plant... they can theoretically veg indeffinitely....

mebeafarmer said:
Hey Disco,

I think it would be a good idea to drill some drain holes in the bottom of that aluminum Keg before you fill her up with whatever grow medium you elect to use . . . .

I thought that under artificial light, you could keep a plant in a constant state of veg. growth - and that some have done so for 2-3 years at a time ?

Thanks for tuning in:D . I know about plants being vegged for extended periods over a year but after a certain time it would just get ridiculous. I was just seeing how long I should veg with a keg to achieve a big yield and just to have a HUGE bush. And I figured I would drill holes.

Killertea08 said:
yup I think the biggest I would do indoors would be 5 gallon because I would want as many plants as possible so 4 or 6 5gallon pots sounds nice. If I grew outside I would use a 10-20 gallon pot. You better show some pictures of this BEAST it would be a great thread dude. Like seriously use a nice compact strain not sativa you want a really big bush haha.

You don't need a 10 - 20 gallon pot outside. 5 gallon bucket of coco, and sativas go to 3 m tall at least, like small trees, flower in September with a big yield.

Latest posts

Back