lighting inquiry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fivesix83

Reaction score
is a 250 watt mh ballast and light sufficient for 31/2 plants. see my friend started a plant but is a cheap *** so i took over his is about 6 weeks mine almost three while your here if u know where to get good ferts i've looked everywhere i haven't found **** a little help please. thank you very much

ferts:
http://stores.ebay.com/Sunset-Hydroponics-1-866-395-9204

how big is your grow area?

a 250W MH puts out around 23,000 lumens, you could so up to almost 8 square foot area with that light and still have your minimum suggested 3000 lumens per square foot.

square foot is measured by the length x width of the room. so if your room is 4ft wide and 4ft long then your square ft is 8. 23,000 divided by 8 = 2875 so you would want to be just a hair short of 8 sq ft.

you might be better of with one of the switchable ballast lights that can use both MH and HPS, you will want MH for veg and HPS for flowering, HTG supply has them on ebay for $169 + shipping.

Very confusing? what are you trying to ask? please explain in detail a little better.

should work for some time..but you will need more as they grow....if you want a bigger plant...producing bigger buds....are you going to flower with mh? or are you going to get a hps?

i am goin to have to stick with mh for these plants bu i plants to upgrade as i go can't afford it all at once u know. ok still noone has helped me pick a good fert the grow guide says i need 20-20-20 for grow and i can't find anything that strong will someone please be more specific what brand is the best and can i find it on ebay?

5 x 2.5 = 7.5 sq ft

23,000 / 7.5 = 3066 lumens per sq ft

now lets say you step up to a 400w switchable ballast one that puts out 50,000 lumens.

50,000 / 7.5 = 6666 lumens per sqaure ft ( now your talking)

to maximize growth you need 6000 lumens per square ft, you would have some kick *** plants with a 400w. ;)

and just for the record you pay about $10 or $20 less for the 250w then the 400w so why not go all out.

just remember after you install the lights you move to the next step which is HEAT, a 400w light in that small of an area is gonna get hella hot. you will need a good inlet and exhaust fan, and a nice oscilatting fan to blow on the plants.

also i dont know how i'm suposed to flower my friends plant it is prolley ready but i am more concerned for my own and am cant go to 20/4 or 18/6 or 16/8 hours of lights with my babies in the same closet any ideas? i could make the closet smaller the way i have it set up what are the ideal demensions for my 250 mh?

are your plants in flower now ????

maybe you could setup a small cfl room.

no there about 2 1/2 weeks and his is about 2 1/2 3 months. will it die if i hold in in grow till the others are ready?

as long as you keep the plant on a 18/6 or higher light cycle the plant will stage in veg state for however long you need it to.

as long as his havent started flowering yet just put them in with your till they are ready and keep them on a 18/6 cycle.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...gory=42225&ssPageName=STORE:PROMOBOX:SHOWCASE

70_2.jpg

thanks alot dude now on to my next question i've read multiple soil grow guides (although hydro does sound better)and some say to get "eco-gro and eco-bloom" or fox farm. I cannot find either what do u use and where can i find it? i plan on ordering some seeds for next grow these are just local commercial strains.i didnt want to waste money on seeds just to f*** it up. anyway the question is should switch to hydro?

that one i cant answer from any first hand experience, i do know that hydro plants grow faster.

and if you look at the second post i have in this thread i update it to a link to fox farm nutes.:)

also if you are using soil like Miricle Grow then you dont want to give them any nutes until flowering cause MG has nutes already in them. any intro to nutes with my MG soil has resulted in nute burn, nothing but water now. fresh spring water too;)straight from the ohio mountains :rofl:

Latest posts

Back