Lighting issues in 3rd week of flower...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slowlyburn

Reaction score
How screwed am I with having a broken ballast? It just broke today so my plants have been in darkness for at least 18 hrs. I dont have a replacement ballast. What are my options right now?

I know that they can go at least 36 hours straight without light and after that the plants start becoming affected. How many watt ballast was it? Always a good idea to keep an extra ballast around even if its not as big as the one your using just some thing to keep them from dying till you can get another. Good Luck man

get anything, any light at all, light a bunch of candles if u have to. you can run to almost any store and buy cfl lights. they will hold u over till you get a new ballast

Sounds like ya need a new ballast bud... it sux but it happens. If ya can't buy a new ballast then put them outside like N'chef said. Candles wont do squat to help, and cfls wont be wuch better. GL with whatever you decide to do.

I put my old cfl hood back up for the next few days till I get my new ballast. My cfl hood has 24 bulbs at 26 watts each. I actually used this hood to flower before so it should pull me through for less than a week.

AluminumMonster said:
Candles wont do squat to help, and cfls wont be wuch better.

If he is in the vegg stage CFL's will keep his plants from starting to flower.

Any light better then no light, do what yual can and just fur the record I have had to use candles for a couple days once and did just fine till I fixed my goffer runnin the tredmill generator ;)

BWD

Latest posts

Back