Little help plz

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldbudnew

Reaction score
Hi looking for input on my next purchase. Im looking for something that yields well (higher the better kinda matters to me ;) ) , finishes in 7-8 weeks but stills packs a punch. Im not looking to go for big bud even tho it gives good weight, the smoke just isnt good enough. Royal queen Skunk XL caught my eye has anyone grown it to comment on yield? I know the smoke is decent. I also see Seedsman CBD Critical Mass gets good reviews for all i mentioned but to me it seems potency may not be the best opinions? And i did like the look of strain hunters money maker but im seeing mixed reviews on that too. Anyone here grown or can chip in? Lastly,,, What would you choose??? 7-8 week flower (although id let the plants decide that one) Big yield Still a nice smoke Feminised preferred. Thanks NB

What kind of high are you looking for, pain, sleep, relax or speedy, get stuff done high?

Preferably a heavier end of day smoke or at least a relaxing one.

NB

Ok, bit of a bump.

Im leaning towards Skunk XL from royal queen seeds. Anybody care to comment? Been using the search function and getting lots of hits but none seem relevant?

Thanks.
NB

Also is there anything to be paranoid about buying seeds online with my own debit card etc here in UK? If so whats the stealthy way of doing so? Looking to purchase from seedsman as they seem to have a solid rep.

NB

Well i ordered some Skunk XL, some Money Maker and got some Somango free. All femz.

The plan is to keep one of each as a bonsai mother along with a mother from the clones im getting soon (strain not verified as yet).

Looks like my small mother cabinet is going to be getting crowded lol.

NB

I did not find Larry OG to be a good nighttime smoke for me--she is, after all, 60% sativa. I really have not found a heavy hitting indica that actually knocks me down. But, I am more of a sativa gal and like those uppity sat strains.

I have grown none of those strains, but I have been happy with Seedsman. I got my last order in 10 days.

Do not hurry your harvests. Most strains take a bit longer than the breeder's estimates. Few strains are actually ready at 7 weeks, but some will be. I do see that the skunk and the somango are mostly sativa. I will keep an eye on these as I am always up for a good sat.

Your seeds will be here before you know it. You got your space up and tested?

Green mojo and good luck. It looks like great strains.

I do not keep mothers. I simply take clones from clones. You can do this for many many generations before you see any strain degradation.

I did not find Larry OG to be a good nighttime smoke for me--she is, after all, 60% sativa. I really have not found a heavy hitting indica that actually knocks me down. But, I am more of a sativa gal and like those uppity sat strains.

I have grown none of those strains, but I have been happy with Seedsman. I got my last order in 10 days.

Do not hurry your harvests. Most strains take a bit longer than the breeder's estimates. Few strains are actually ready at 7 weeks, but some will be. I do see that the skunk and the somango are mostly sativa. I will keep an eye on these as I am always up for a good sat.

Your seeds will be here before you know it. You got your space up and tested?

Green mojo and good luck. It looks like great strains.

I do not keep mothers. I simply take clones from clones. You can do this for many many generations before you see any strain degradation.
Hi THG no the space is not completed as yet. Im so busy with life but its not far off thank goodness.

I have to admit that yield was a very big influential factor in choosing the Money Maker and the Skunk XL. The somango came free but it could make a nice change. Took a gamble on the Money Maker, seen very mixed reviews but 3 seeds were real cheap so i thought id stick em in the order just on the off chance they produce one great mother. The yield potential from that strain is bonkers :) I'd say im pretty safe quality wise with the skunk xl, just hope the yield holds true to the descriptions. The PPP supposedly has a smaller yield potential than the skunk xl and i used to get around 7 oz a plant off the PPP so if i can match or better it i'll be one happy chappy lol.

As for not rushing the crops im not new to that lol. I used to grow PPP which is 9-10 weeks so they say but id take mine as far as 12 weeks looking for the right time to chop. Beautiful. Thats my avatar.

Thanks for stopping in.

NB

If you have the room that is great. A lot of people give up vegging space to keep moms--which is what I would have to do. If you have the space, that is great.

I have never taken 7 oz off an indoor plant. If you can do that, kudos!

I have gotten 7, doesn't mean I will lol. Been a while. I let them grow huge too lol.

Yeah I've put a veg room on the side of the main room initially intended for mums and cloning but it's 4ft x2ft and I've two tier'd the rear 2x2 section (it's 4ft deep from the door if you get me) . The upper 2x2 section will be for 4 bonsai mothers, probably kept under a 125w cfl and the ground level 4x2 section gives me enough room to root and then veg the next batch of clones in say 4 or 5 inch pots before putting them in the 11l pots in the flower room. I'd still veg them for a week or two in the flower room before going 12/12 tho so it's not the perfect setup but with hopefully fast finishing plants it still cuts down on the overall time till harvest so it'll do.

Just thinking about what lights to use for the lower level. Will probably go for duel spec hps to be fair. Maybe two 150w or something, need to go check on the light coverage for the smaller hps's :)

NB

Something ive never used tbh. Used 250w CFL before for a bonsai mum and popping seeds and that worked great so happy to go for a CFL for mums again but how good are T5's??
Would they be good for say 20 young clones? What watt t5's would i need? Do they really compare to hid/mh? Do they run cooler? Would they be cheaper to run which would be a real bonus for sure.

Thanks

NB

Do you get any stretching issues with T5's because they dont put out as many lumens or do you negate potential issues by being able to get closer to the plants?

NB

Just to put it in perspective my veg room and potentail T5 use would only be for a short time as the remaining week or two of veg could be done in the big room so these T5's could be a legitimate idea.

I just dont want to use them if they may cause me any development issues. I do generally like to end up with a 5-6ft plant :)

NB

Ok, done some research.

Option 1, HID/MH. Would require 2 smaller wattage units to cover the 4x2 area. That means splurging about £100 :( but a 250 hps gives 33000lm so id have 66000lm which is probably overkill and id have to be carefull with the heat which raises more questions lol but.....

Option 2, T5's specifically a 4ft 4 bulb option to fit my area. Damn they expensive! Near as damn it £100 and 16600lm output, hmmmmm. Only plus i can see is temp control other than that, non.

Option 3, Two 250w cfl's. That would get me about 30000lm which should do the job but again im at the £100 mark and for under half the lumen output of the hps's.

Soooooo......

Are 250w cfl's exactly that? i.e 250w. As in would a 250w cfl cost the same to run as a 250w hps? If so then bang for buck says hps. My only worry then is controlling the temps without cool tubes.........

NB

CFL's loose their lumens quite quickly. Kinda a waste of money if u ask me, unless your just trying to get by until you have funds to get something better. CFL's put out more heat than your other options also.

Ever consider LED's? - Might be a larger investment, but you would save $ on electricity, and bulb replacement. I think most led's are rated for 20,000 - 50,000 hours.

Latest posts

Back