Looking for advice in choosing magic beans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruufuus

novice ethnobotanist
Reaction score
hey guys, i have decided i want to grow a crop of regular autflowering plants, and let them seed so i can build up some meds of auto before relying on non autos to keep my meds up. So i am asking of you all, what auto strain have you liked the most, or heard great things about? also, where can i find said seed online NON FEMINIZED? thanks in advance!

Any seed be a good seed as longs as it pops! Oh and it turn female fur sure. Likes them all personaly.

BWD

BackWoodsDrifter said:
Any seed be a good seed as longs as it pops! Oh and it turn female fur sure. Likes them all personaly.

BWD
=] love your posts. im looking for a good auto strain i can get in non fem so i can stock up on seeds, and eventually buds in a quicker fashion.

ruufuus said:
=] love your posts. im looking for a good auto strain i can get in non fem so i can stock up on seeds, and eventually buds in a quicker fashion.

Thankin ya but to be serious dont kno much bout different strain stuff just knows how to growem. Hope some good fireside folk be given yual the knowledge you seek soon enough. Good folk here likes helpen other folk.

BWD

ruufuus said:
hey guys, i have decided i want to grow a crop of regular autflowering plants, and let them seed so i can build up some meds of auto before relying on non autos to keep my meds up. So i am asking of you all, what auto strain have you liked the most, or heard great things about? also, where can i find said seed online NON FEMINIZED? thanks in advance!

I've grown out most of the lowlife autos. All good smoke and quick flowering. They have fem and regular stock to choose from. I normally get about an ounce per female. Good enough for me. I normally toss some autos in the veg tent since it runs 24 hours.

ruufuus said:

Not to knock, but why autos?? You can do the same with better photoperiod seed than any auto, just run clones and giddyap! Yes, you'll need to grow out the first to maturity before cloning, but from then on, you can cut clones and be budding a few weeks later, if you so desired!

Roddy said:
Not to knock, but why autos?? You can do the same with better photoperiod seed than any auto, just run clones and giddyap! Yes, you'll need to grow out the first to maturity before cloning, but from then on, you can cut clones and be budding a few weeks later, if you so desired!

the reason i want to get some autos going is because i want to get stocked up before i start growing photo periods again. I absolutely hate to buy herb.
I know photoperiods have no competition, but autos will stock me up faster than photo periods, and i have none now, and dont want to pay for it =p.

i have a critical+automatic i started outdoors, but i checked on it yesterday and i when i moved the coco a bit to see if it was comin up i unveiled what looks like a stem with no leaves, so idk if i knocked them off(i was gentle) or if its just doing its thing. furthermore i just started germinating a white widow fem and super lemon haze fem for outdoors last night=]

sorry this post is so jumbled, i just woke up >.>

I still don't really get it--why the seed run? Why not run 1 or 2 autos--females, don't make seeds. At the same time start some photoperiod plants and from there on out, you are set. In the time it takes to do a seed run, let the seeds dry, and then plant, you could have a real decent start on a photo plant.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I still don't really get it--why the seed run? Why not run 1 or 2 autos--females, don't make seeds. At the same time start some photoperiod plants and from there on out, you are set. In the time it takes to do a seed run, let the seeds dry, and then plant, you could have a real decent start on a photo plant.
i am starting photoperiods outside, but i want to stock up on auto seeds so i can start a good crop to stock up on before i go full photo period indoors. i know its confusing...

Maybe we are on different pages, but I can't follow your logic. It will take less time to do photoperiod plants than 2 runs of autos, especially if you consider the dry time on your seeds....

Okay, say you start a couple of autos and start a couple of photoperiod plants. By the time the autos are done, the photoperiod will be ready for flowering Take some clones. If you do a seed run on your autos, you are going to sacrifice bud for seeds. You are also going to have to let the seeds dry a month or so before you can plant them. Your photoperiod plant(s) is now only about a month from harvest. If you take clones before you put her into flowering, the clones can be flowered anytime after they develop roots as they are biologically the same age as the mother. You should be able to get more than double the yield from a good photoperiod plant as you do autos. I can see doing 1 run of autos to have bud in 9-12 weeks, but I would certainly run photoperiod plants at the same time and not do a seed run on the autos.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Maybe we are on different pages, but I can't follow your logic. It will take less time to do photoperiod plants than 2 runs of autos, especially if you consider the dry time on your seeds....

Okay, say you start a couple of autos and start a couple of photoperiod plants. By the time the autos are done, the photoperiod will be ready for flowering Take some clones. If you do a seed run on your autos, you are going to sacrifice bud for seeds. You are also going to have to let the seeds dry a month or so before you can plant them. Your photoperiod plant(s) is now only about a month from harvest. If you take clones before you put her into flowering, the clones can be flowered anytime after they develop roots as they are biologically the same age as the mother. You should be able to get more than double the yield from a good photoperiod plant as you do autos. I can see doing 1 run of autos to have bud in 9-12 weeks, but I would certainly run photoperiod plants at the same time and not do a seed run on the autos.

:yeahthat:

I can see running some autos on the side if you need some "quick" bud but why do a seed run on autos? Running from clone is so much easier IMO. You know what you are going to get because they are identical copies of the mom. With autos you are at the mercy of the pheno types you get from your seeds. Not to mention you will hve to cull the males from seed but won't from running clones. Then you throw in the fact that most 12/12 strains will be a better quality then most auto strains. jmo

Latest posts

Back