low budget grow, my first.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbar21

new grower.
Reaction score
I just germinated a seed I found in a pretty good bag of bud. There usually is never any seeds in the weed I buy, so I was actually stunned to see a big healthy seed, not pissed. Anyways, I germinated in wet paper towels, in the dark at the current temp in my apartment of 72 degrees. I then planted the little germinated seed in a small pot of miracle gro potting mix. Watered just a little and left in the dark for 24hrs to give the seed time to recover from the shock.
P1020889.jpg

this is the local mid-range "chronic" I found the seed in. This is some of the better stuff that migrates in the circles that I do. I also have some bud that is supposedly Jack Herrar. See below, I wasnt fortunate enough to find a seed yet though. But this is the kind of bud I would like to be able to grow someday.
P1020895.jpg

P1020893.jpg

I am currently operating under two 75w cfl bulbs that I fitted into the lid of a cardboard paper box. I installed a couple holes for air. The lights dont put off much heat so no worries there.
P1020913.jpg

P1020915.jpg

P1020916.jpg

P1020918.jpg

P1020920.jpg

P1020922.jpg

P1020924.jpg

I just got a cheap hps light at home depot. It was originally a security light. It is the correct spectrum for the vegetative cycle of cannabis however. It is low wattage though, so It will be a long cycle as well. It only puts out 75w of hps light. I will post again soon as soon as the grow box is completed.

Nice healthy sprout you got there.

I would have used a slimmer container for a pot,might get tricky come repotting?

Looking pretty good although i don't recommend growing in a cardboard box (something just screams fire hazard) Also you are going to wanna get a fan to get some fresh air circulation in their also to promote stem strength.. Good luck and if you use that HPS security lamp don't grow in the cardboard that is going to get way to hot in their for that little sprout :D

Latest posts

Back